|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 4 (Pages 81-115).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault does Helmut notice about cameras when shooting around Berlin?
(a) Cameras are too bulky to shoot in secret.
(b) Pictures do not exactly match what the witness really sees.
(c) The developed colors are never correct.
(d) The cameras are heavy with too many parts.
2. What happens to Helm's notebook at the train station?
(a) The train station guard tells him to put it away.
(b) It gets wet and ruined in the rain.
(c) It gets lost in the wind and ruined by a passing train.
(d) It is confiscated by a soldier.
3. What changes described in Section 3 are occurring in Germany's economy?
(a) There is a surplus of material goods.
(b) Everything is to be rationed.
(c) There is a lot of food but less material goods.
(d) The war has no effect on the economy.
4. What disagreement occurs between Gladigau and Helmut?
(a) Whether the Nazi party are good people.
(b) Whether Helmut should approach Papi about his feelings.
(c) Whether the gypsies deserved the beatings.
(d) Whether or not to evacuate Berlin.
5. What does a woman offer Lore when Lore sits down very tired?
(a) A way to get to Oma's.
(b) A place to nap.
(c) Help with directions.
(d) Her last milk and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What images of veterans are described in Section 4?
2. What does Leisel do to anger Lore?
3. How are Helmut's winters described?
4. Who is the first to indicate Helmut's disability to him?
5. What happens to Mutti and Papi after the second bombing?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)