|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 4 (Pages 81-115).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmut do when he meets the refugees?
(a) Begs them for money.
(b) Spews out Nazi speeches and logic.
(c) Argues that they are liars.
(d) Scolds them for being cowards.
2. Who does Helmut pose with in his smiling picture?
(a) A troop of soldiers.
(b) The train station guard.
(c) His parents.
3. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep on their second night?
(a) Outside on the ground.
(b) In a young man's home.
(c) On a cart.
(d) In a barn.
4. What part of Germany is Lore's family from?
5. What happens to Helm's notebook at the train station?
(a) It gets wet and ruined in the rain.
(b) The train station guard tells him to put it away.
(c) It is confiscated by a soldier.
(d) It gets lost in the wind and ruined by a passing train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
2. What does Lore see in some public pictures?
3. What disagreement occurs between Gladigau and Helmut?
4. Where does Lore's family run to hide when the end of the war is near?
5. What secret must Lore and her siblings hide from strangers?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)