|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 4 (Pages 81-115).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leisel do to anger Lore?
(a) Mention Mutti and the camp out loud.
(b) Call out for Vati in the middle of town.
(c) Talk to strangers.
(d) Refuse to walk further without more food.
2. When does Helmut begin to take pictures of Berlin again?
(a) When the refugees and veterans fill the streets of Berlin again.
(b) During the summer months.
(c) During the winter months.
(d) Immediately after the bombings take place.
3. What will become of Berlin?
(a) It will be divided.
(b) It will be rebuilt to original plans.
(c) It will be under Soviet rule.
(d) It will be autonomous.
4. What opportunity does Gladigau give Helmut?
(a) He leaves Helmut responsible when on vacation.
(b) He lets him document the rebuilding of the train station.
(c) He lets him document the emptying of the city.
(d) He gives Helmut the shop in his will.
5. What does a woman offer Lore when Lore sits down very tired?
(a) A way to get to Oma's.
(b) Help with directions.
(c) Her last milk and bread.
(d) A place to nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep on their second night?
2. What runs through Helmut's mind as he looks for his parents after the bombings?
3. What disagreement occurs between Gladigau and Helmut?
4. What is Lore's reaction to the twin's sprawl on the ground?
5. What does the farmer's son tell Lore?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)