|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 4 (Pages 81-115).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Helmut born?
2. What does the confrontation at the train station indicate about the Third Reich's concerns?
(a) The Third Reich are adamant about having an organized train station schedule.
(b) The Third Reich are suspicious of photo documentation.
(c) The soldiers are concerned about the well-being of the everyday man.
(d) The soldiers are unsure of the population's loyalty to the Third Reich.
3. How does the reader know the woman who helps Lore is also in bad shape?
(a) The food she offers is spoiled.
(b) The blankets she lends them are worn through.
(c) There is no soap or extra food.
(d) She lives in a shed.
4. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
(a) He visits the soup kitchen everyday.
(b) He takes photos in exchange for food.
(c) He sweeps the train station in exchange for food.
(d) He begs when the bakery truck comes in every day.
5. What does Leisel do to anger Lore?
(a) Call out for Vati in the middle of town.
(b) Mention Mutti and the camp out loud.
(c) Refuse to walk further without more food.
(d) Talk to strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do patrons at the shop give instead of money for food?
2. Who does Juri offer his bread to despite his own hunger?
3. How is Helmut's ability as a darkroom technician described?
4. What is Helmut's new job in 1945?
5. Where does Lore's family run to hide when the end of the war is near?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)