|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 2 (Pages 57-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Helmut when he is confronted at the train station?
(b) The train station guard.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A soldier.
2. What does the farmer's son tell Lore?
(a) Mutti is trying to get rid of the children but no one wants them.
(b) Vati and Mutti are evil.
(c) His father is going to evict her family.
(d) Vati is probably with the Russians.
3. Which of Helmut's family portraits does Papi usually prefer?
(a) Ones that show the entire family smiling and proud.
(b) Ones that hide Helmut's birth defect.
(c) Ones that include Helmut smiling.
(d) Ones that include Helmut in uniform.
4. What is constantly on Helmut's mind that reminds him that he is a disappointment?
(a) He takes bad photos.
(b) He is not a soldier.
(c) The way his mother looks at him.
(d) His sad expressions in family photos.
5. What do Gladigau and Helmut first film with color?
(a) A victory parade.
(b) A banner-lined street with swastika emblems.
(c) Gypsies in their bright clothing.
(d) Autumn trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Helmut's ability as a darkroom technician described?
2. What changes described in Section 3 are occurring in Germany's economy?
3. Who is Lore's family hiding from when they go into hiding?
4. What secret must Lore and her siblings hide from strangers?
5. What makes the children start to fight when Mutti speaks with the farmer?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)