|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 5 (Pages 44-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Helmut's family portraits does Papi usually prefer?
(a) Ones that hide Helmut's birth defect.
(b) Ones that show the entire family smiling and proud.
(c) Ones that include Helmut in uniform.
(d) Ones that include Helmut smiling.
2. Why is Mutti embarrassed of Helmut?
(a) Helmut takes bad pictures for Gladigau.
(b) Helmut is not very bright.
(c) She considers his quiet behavior rude.
(d) Because Helmut cannot join the army.
3. What changes described in Section 3 are occurring in Germany's economy?
(a) Everything is to be rationed.
(b) The war has no effect on the economy.
(c) There is a surplus of material goods.
(d) There is a lot of food but less material goods.
4. What happens to Helm's notebook at the train station?
(a) It gets lost in the wind and ruined by a passing train.
(b) It is confiscated by a soldier.
(c) The train station guard tells him to put it away.
(d) It gets wet and ruined in the rain.
5. How do Helmut's parents deny his birth defect?
(a) They see a second doctor.
(b) They ignore Helmut as he grows up.
(c) The parents push him to be normal.
(d) They tell Helmut it is all in his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity is Helmut given in 1945?
2. Who knocks on Helmut's door when the second bombing occurs?
3. Where is Helmut born?
4. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
5. What do families feel towards Helmut before the bombing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)