|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 5 (Pages 44-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helmut's ritual when bombs fall in closely?
(a) Take cover in the dark room.
(b) Cover his ears, close his eyes, and pray in the dark.
(c) Look blankly outside the window for the lights.
(d) Scream at the noise.
2. Who helps Helmut obtain consistent food?
(a) A veteran.
(b) Another man who has lost his family.
(c) The train station guard.
(d) The local baker.
3. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
(a) Most ignore him.
(b) They resent him for not fighting in the front.
(c) They curse him for his crooked arm.
(d) Many beg him for bread.
4. How does Seiffert first introduce Helmut's family as impoverished?
(a) The description of "drawer-for-a-cot."
(b) They are all underweight and pale.
(c) Their meals are very meager.
(d) The family cannot pay for a real doctor.
5. What happens to Mutti and Papi after the second bombing?
(a) They are assumed to have evacuated.
(b) They are hiding in the cellar.
(c) They are assumed dead.
(d) They are stuck under the rubble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mutti embarrassed of Helmut?
2. What does Helmut do when he meets the refugees?
3. What images of veterans are described in Section 4?
4. What will become of Berlin?
5. What do Gladigau and Helmut first film with color?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)