|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 5 (Pages 44-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disagreement occurs between Gladigau and Helmut?
(a) Whether the Nazi party are good people.
(b) Whether Helmut should approach Papi about his feelings.
(c) Whether the gypsies deserved the beatings.
(d) Whether or not to evacuate Berlin.
2. Which of Helmut's family portraits does Papi usually prefer?
(a) Ones that hide Helmut's birth defect.
(b) Ones that include Helmut in uniform.
(c) Ones that include Helmut smiling.
(d) Ones that show the entire family smiling and proud.
3. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
4. What changes described in Section 3 are occurring in Germany's economy?
(a) The war has no effect on the economy.
(b) There is a surplus of material goods.
(c) There is a lot of food but less material goods.
(d) Everything is to be rationed.
5. What do families feel towards Helmut before the bombing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the confrontation at the train station indicate about the Third Reich's concerns?
2. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
3. Who helps Helmut obtain consistent food?
4. Why is Mutti "clever" for having something on the table every night?
5. How are Helmut's winters described?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)