|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 3 (Pages 22-37).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does Gladigau give Helmut?
(a) He gives Helmut the shop in his will.
(b) He lets him document the emptying of the city.
(c) He lets him document the rebuilding of the train station.
(d) He leaves Helmut responsible when on vacation.
2. What motivates Helmut to exercise his arm?
(a) He wants to join the army.
(b) He wants to make Gladigau proud.
(c) He believes it will help him be a better photographer.
(d) He wants to impress Edda.
3. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
4. Who are Gladigau's most common clients?
(a) Whole families.
(b) Widows and orphaned children.
(c) Soldiers off to war or widowed women.
(d) Widowed men and soldiers.
5. What "fault" is Helmut born with?
(a) A deformed shoulder joint.
(b) A shortened arm.
(c) A missing pectoral muscle.
(d) A missing back muscle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Seiffert first introduce Helmut's family as impoverished?
2. Who knocks on Helmut's door when the second bombing occurs?
3. Where does Helmut find safety after the second bombing is over?
4. What do families feel towards Helmut before the bombing?
5. What does Helmut notice during the family beach vacation?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)