|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 3 (Pages 22-37).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the confrontation at the train station indicate about the Third Reich's concerns?
(a) The soldiers are unsure of the population's loyalty to the Third Reich.
(b) The Third Reich are suspicious of photo documentation.
(c) The Third Reich are adamant about having an organized train station schedule.
(d) The soldiers are concerned about the well-being of the everyday man.
2. What changes described in Section 3 are occurring in Germany's economy?
(a) There is a lot of food but less material goods.
(b) Everything is to be rationed.
(c) The war has no effect on the economy.
(d) There is a surplus of material goods.
3. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
4. Who helps Helmut when he is confronted at the train station?
(b) A stranger.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The train station guard.
5. How does Gladigau view Papi and his family?
(a) Gladigau views Papi strictly as an employee.
(b) Gladigau abhors the way Papi treats his family.
(c) Gladigau tries to help them achieve prosperity.
(d) Gladigau respects their status.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Helmut born?
2. Where does Helmut find safety after the second bombing is over?
3. How does Helmut react to his photos of the gypsies?
4. Who knocks on Helmut's door when the second bombing occurs?
5. What is constantly on Helmut's mind that reminds him that he is a disappointment?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)