|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 3 (Pages 22-37).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "fault" is Helmut born with?
(a) A missing back muscle.
(b) A missing pectoral muscle.
(c) A shortened arm.
(d) A deformed shoulder joint.
2. Which of Helmut's family portraits does Papi usually prefer?
(a) Ones that show the entire family smiling and proud.
(b) Ones that include Helmut smiling.
(c) Ones that include Helmut in uniform.
(d) Ones that hide Helmut's birth defect.
3. Where is Helmut born?
4. How does Gladigau view Papi and his family?
(a) Gladigau abhors the way Papi treats his family.
(b) Gladigau respects their status.
(c) Gladigau views Papi strictly as an employee.
(d) Gladigau tries to help them achieve prosperity.
5. Why is Mutti embarrassed of Helmut?
(a) She considers his quiet behavior rude.
(b) Helmut is not very bright.
(c) Helmut takes bad pictures for Gladigau.
(d) Because Helmut cannot join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Helmut's parents deny his birth defect?
2. What does the confrontation at the train station indicate about the Third Reich's concerns?
3. Who knocks on Helmut's door when the second bombing occurs?
4. How does Helmut react to his photos of the gypsies?
5. What does Helmut notice about the train station?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)