|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Helmut," Section 3 (Pages 22-37).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disagreement occurs between Gladigau and Helmut?
(a) Whether the gypsies deserved the beatings.
(b) Whether Helmut should approach Papi about his feelings.
(c) Whether or not to evacuate Berlin.
(d) Whether the Nazi party are good people.
2. Which of Helmut's family portraits does Papi usually prefer?
(a) Ones that include Helmut smiling.
(b) Ones that hide Helmut's birth defect.
(c) Ones that include Helmut in uniform.
(d) Ones that show the entire family smiling and proud.
3. What opportunity opens up for Papi?
(a) A management position.
(b) Papi works at the train station.
(c) Papi works for the army.
(d) A full-time photographer posiiton.
4. How does Seiffert first introduce Helmut's family as impoverished?
(a) The description of "drawer-for-a-cot."
(b) Their meals are very meager.
(c) The family cannot pay for a real doctor.
(d) They are all underweight and pale.
5. What do families feel towards Helmut before the bombing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mutti embarrassed of Helmut?
2. How do Helmut's parents deny his birth defect?
3. How is Papi best described?
4. What fault does Helmut notice about cameras when shooting around Berlin?
5. How does Gladigau view Papi and his family?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)