|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Summer 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leisel do to anger Lore?
(a) Talk to strangers.
(b) Refuse to walk further without more food.
(c) Mention Mutti and the camp out loud.
(d) Call out for Vati in the middle of town.
2. Who else wants to know the truth if Micha finds it?
3. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
(a) Cuts off a piece for her to keep.
(b) Smells them.
(c) Washes them.
(d) Burns them to ashes.
4. What is constantly on Helmut's mind that reminds him that he is a disappointment?
(a) The way his mother looks at him.
(b) His sad expressions in family photos.
(c) He takes bad photos.
(d) He is not a soldier.
5. What is Helmut's political stance in 1945 as described in Section 5?
(a) He does not care anymore.
(b) He is loyal to the Third Reich.
(c) He is a secret communist.
(d) He follows nationalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Juri offer his bread to despite his own hunger?
2. When does Lore begin to trust Tomas?
3. What sign of trouble does Tomas see when Lore and her siblings attempt to get on the train?
4. What images of veterans are described in Section 4?
5. What secret must Lore and her siblings hide from strangers?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)