|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Summer 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What images of veterans are described in Section 4?
(a) They are disabled and homeless.
(b) Families give them warm welcomings.
(c) There is a parade for their return.
(d) They walk proudly.
2. What does Lore hear at the hideout when she listens out the window?
(a) Tanks over rubble in the streets.
(c) Everything is quiet.
3. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep on their second night?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a young man's home.
(c) On a cart.
(d) Outside on the ground.
4. What is Micha afraid to tell the person he is staying with?
(a) That he is part Jewish.
(b) That he is in search of Opa's true background.
(c) That he is looking for his Opa.
(d) That he is a schoolteacher.
5. Where does Helmut find safety after the second bombing is over?
(a) Gladigau's apartment.
(b) The dark room.
(c) A bakery.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kolesnik's role during the war?
2. What happens to Helm's notebook at the train station?
3. Where does Micha go to search the truth about his Opa?
4. Who does Juri offer his bread to despite his own hunger?
5. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)