|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 1 (page 51-56).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Helmut to smile for the first time in a photo?
(a) He meets his parents again after a long time.
(b) He is recently named Berlin's historian.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He meets with Gladigau again after a long time.
2. Who does Helmut pose with in his smiling picture?
(a) His parents.
(c) A troop of soldiers.
(d) The train station guard.
3. What happens to Helm's notebook at the train station?
(a) The train station guard tells him to put it away.
(b) It is confiscated by a soldier.
(c) It gets wet and ruined in the rain.
(d) It gets lost in the wind and ruined by a passing train.
4. What do Gladigau and Helmut first film with color?
(a) A victory parade.
(b) Gypsies in their bright clothing.
(c) A banner-lined street with swastika emblems.
(d) Autumn trees.
5. Who are Gladigau's most common clients?
(a) Soldiers off to war or widowed women.
(b) Widowed men and soldiers.
(c) Widows and orphaned children.
(d) Whole families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
2. What motivates Helmut to exercise his arm?
3. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
4. What is Helmut's ritual when bombs fall in closely?
5. Who commits suicide just days after Helmut's last photo?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)