|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 1 (page 51-56).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do families feel towards Helmut before the bombing?
2. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
(a) Many beg him for bread.
(b) They resent him for not fighting in the front.
(c) They curse him for his crooked arm.
(d) Most ignore him.
3. How does Helmut react to his photos of the gypsies?
(a) He is angry at the results.
(b) He is excited about the bright colors of the gypsy clothing.
(c) He is angry that he took the pictures instead of trying to stop the SS.
(d) He is surprised at the good action shots.
4. What happens to Helmut's feelings about being a soldier in Section 4?
(a) He feels hesitant about it.
(b) They are still strong.
(c) They have died since the bombings.
(d) They changed after seeing the veterans.
5. What images of veterans are described in Section 4?
(a) Families give them warm welcomings.
(b) They walk proudly.
(c) There is a parade for their return.
(d) They are disabled and homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gladigau's neighborhood look like when Helmut finds it?
2. What is the biggest difference to Lore between her hometown and her hideout?
3. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
4. When does Helmut begin to take pictures of Berlin again?
5. What does Helmut notice about the train station?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)