|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 6 (Pages 137-147).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Americans question Lore on the road?
(a) Lore tells them they are with the young man.
(b) Lore tells them she is on the way to Fulda.
(c) The young man shows them papers and tells them they are siblings on their way to Oma's.
(d) She cannot understand so she ignores them and walks on.
2. How are Lore and her siblings received by the first set of strangers they meet?
(a) With care and concern.
(b) With disdain.
(d) With pity.
3. What does Lore do with the badges of the party?
(a) She burns them.
(b) She throws them in the river.
(c) She buries them in the bushes.
(d) She sews them into her apron.
4. Who does Helmut pose with in his smiling picture?
(a) A troop of soldiers.
(b) His parents.
(d) The train station guard.
5. What is Helmut's political stance in 1945 as described in Section 5?
(a) He is loyal to the Third Reich.
(b) He is a secret communist.
(c) He does not care anymore.
(d) He follows nationalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer's wife ask if Lore's mother is still around?
2. Where does Helmut find safety after the second bombing is over?
3. When does Lore begin to trust Tomas?
4. What is Oma's demeanor like?
5. What bad sign occurs on the first day of the children's trip?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)