|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 6 (Pages 137-147).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will become of Berlin?
(a) It will be under Soviet rule.
(b) It will be rebuilt to original plans.
(c) It will be divided.
(d) It will be autonomous.
2. What bad sign occurs on the first day of the children's trip?
(a) The twins fight the whole way.
(b) Lore spills some of the food.
(c) Leisel will not carry her share.
(d) Juri strains an ankle.
3. What transaction occurs between Mutti and the visitors from the jeep?
(a) Mutti hands them money and jewelry.
(b) They search her home.
(c) They both sign some papers.
(d) They hand Mutti some food.
4. How are Helmut's winters described?
(a) Cold at the train station.
(b) Lonely in the dark room.
(c) Cozy in the cellar.
(d) Sleepless overall.
5. What is Helmut's political stance in 1945 as described in Section 5?
(a) He is loyal to the Third Reich.
(b) He does not care anymore.
(c) He follows nationalism.
(d) He is a secret communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mutti's response to Jochen missing from the picture?
2. What happens when Americans question Lore on the road?
3. What does Lore notice when the children take a picture together?
4. What is Helmut's reaction during the second bombing?
5. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)