|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 6 (Pages 137-147).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lore bury the last of Vati's pictures?
(a) She is fearful of the evidence.
(b) All the keepsakes are weighing her down.
(c) To keep them safe until she can return for them another time.
(d) Leisel keeps asking for them so Lore gets rid of them.
2. What is Helmut's reaction during the second bombing?
(a) He yells and runs to the cellar with the other tenants.
(b) He walks outside and wanders the streets.
(c) He yells for his parents while running around the streets.
(d) He cries and stays in his bed until it is all over.
3. Which character gives up their own bed for the children to sleep on?
(d) The neighbor next door.
4. What does the farmer's son tell Lore?
(a) Mutti is trying to get rid of the children but no one wants them.
(b) Vati is probably with the Russians.
(c) Vati and Mutti are evil.
(d) His father is going to evict her family.
5. To what does Helmut devote one photo from each roll of film?
(a) A picture of his cellar.
(b) A picture of himself.
(c) A picture of the train station.
(d) A picture of his old neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mutti embarrassed of Helmut?
2. What is Helmut's secret agenda regarding the photos he takes of Berlin?
3. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
4. What will become of Berlin?
5. What do patrons at the shop give instead of money for food?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)