|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Lore," Section 6 (Pages 137-147).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farmer's son tell Lore?
(a) Vati is probably with the Russians.
(b) His father is going to evict her family.
(c) Mutti is trying to get rid of the children but no one wants them.
(d) Vati and Mutti are evil.
2. When does Lore begin to trust Tomas?
(a) When she tells him about Mutti and the camp.
(b) When she lets Tomas sleep close to her.
(c) When Tomas safely brings them across the border.
(d) When Tomas returns with the twins and Peter.
3. What are Lore's feelings after several days on the road?
(a) She wants to stop and not go any further.
(b) She thinks it is not as bad as she assumed it would be.
(c) She is tired of being the caretaker.
(d) She is grateful for her siblings' good behavior.
4. How are Lore and her siblings received by the first set of strangers they meet?
(a) With disdain.
(c) With pity.
(d) With care and concern.
5. How is Helmut's family best described in the photo at the ice cream shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the letter to Mutti?
2. Where do Lore and her siblings presume Vati to be?
3. Who comforts Lore as she cries in bed?
4. What news does Mutti give about Vati in Section 6?
5. What does Lore notice when the children take a picture together?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)