|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Home, Spring 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the refugees coming from?
(a) The Steppes.
(b) The eastern front.
(c) The western front.
(d) From Italy.
2. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
(a) Most ignore him.
(b) They curse him for his crooked arm.
(c) Many beg him for bread.
(d) They resent him for not fighting in the front.
3. Where do the kids stay when they reach Oma's city?
(a) In a Red Cross refugee shelter.
(b) In an abandoned building.
(c) The ferry dock.
(d) A nearby church.
4. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
(a) She believes they are in the right.
(b) She believes they are still good people.
(c) She condemns them because of it and disowns them.
(d) She believes they are rightfully punished but still loves them.
5. What is the family's response to Micha's search?
(a) They want him to stop.
(b) They encourage the truth to be revealed.
(c) They do not care so long as they are not involved.
(d) They want to know but do not want to talk about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Micha's school that angers him?
2. How does Lore reunite with Oma?
3. How are Helmut's winters described?
4. What is Helmut's political stance in 1945 as described in Section 5?
5. What sign of trouble does Tomas see when Lore and her siblings attempt to get on the train?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)