"Helmut," Section 1 (Pages 3-14)
* Helmut is born with a birth defect, a missing pectoral muscle.
* Papi finds regular work as a photographer's assistant to Gladigau.
* Part of Papi's pay as Helmut grows older is family portraits.
* Papi gains full-time employment and moves family to a better flat.
* Helmut now lives near a train station and enjoys idling there.
* Helmut is not allowed to play in physical education.
* Papi and Mutti are ashamed of Helmut's right arm.
* Papi leaves for a management job and Helmut help Gladigau.
* Helmut is denied acceptance into Germany's army.
"Helmut," Section 2 (Pages 15-22)
* Helmut returns to the train station to note timetables and people watch.
* Berlin is beginning to lose people.
* A soldier confiscates Helmut's notebook on trains' timetables and population numbers.
* Helmut's family goes on a beach vacation.
* The train station goes through a rebuild and Helmut documents with...
This section contains 2,292 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)