"Helmut," Section 1 (Pages 3-14)
• Helmut is born with a birth defect, a missing pectoral muscle.
• Papi finds regular work as a photographer's assistant to Gladigau.
• Part of Papi's pay as Helmut grows older is family portraits.
• Papi gains full-time employment and moves family to a better flat.
• Helmut now lives near a train station and enjoys idling there.
• Helmut is not allowed to play in physical education.
• Papi and Mutti are ashamed of Helmut's right arm.
• Papi leaves for a management job and Helmut help Gladigau.
• Helmut is denied acceptance into Germany's army.
"Helmut," Section 2 (Pages 15-22)
• Helmut returns to the train station to note timetables and people watch.
• Berlin is beginning to lose people.
• A soldier confiscates Helmut's notebook on trains' timetables and population numbers.
• Helmut's family goes on a beach vacation.
• The train station goes through a rebuild and Helmut documents with...
This section contains 2,510 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)