|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the laundry while Alfred gives Bruce a massage?
2. Who stops a Mutants gang member from hurting a woman and stealing her groceries?
3. What did one of the bank robbers say that Batman didn't do?
4. Who does Bruce Wayne mistake the Mutants for when walking home?
5. Who told the press about the dollar coin clue found on one of the suspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
2. Why do the citizens of Gotham not give Batman much regard anymore?
3. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
4. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
5. Why is it important to note that Harvey Dent has returned to a life of crime?
6. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
7. Why does one Mutant get released from jail?
8. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
9. What does the talk show host say when the Joker says he plans to kill everyone in the studio?
10. Why does the Mutant leader kill the mayor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Superman working for the government?
Essay Topic 2
What traumatic experience did Bruce have as a child that induced the emergence of the Batman?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the usage of art/drawings helps provide authenticity about the violence in Gotham to the graphic novel. Does it help the reader support Batman's crusade against crime? What does it reveal about the character, his background, and environment in Gotham? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 1,642 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)