Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Batman is hit by ammunition, what keeps him going?
2. Who has been kidnapped?
3. What kind of bullets do Batman's weapons use?
4. Who pays a visit to the Joker at Arkham?
5. How many people does Arnold Crimp kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clark Kent believe Bruce will ruin everything?
2. Do the two Mutants in the alley really think Bruce might be Batman?
3. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
4. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
5. Why is Commissioner Gordon a special friend to Bruce?
6. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
7. Why does Dr. Wolper say Batman is as much to blame as Dent for the man's re-entry into the world of crime?
8. What does Superman talk to Batman about?
9. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
10. Why does the TV newscast not mention that Yindel saved the governor after a tip from Batman?
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary difference between Batman and Superman?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of heroism and what it means to be a hero is another theme that is prevalent throughout "The Dark Knight Returns." Choose one (Batman, Superman, The Joker, Two Face, the Mutants and discuss how that/those character(s) define and/or react to heroism. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What were three of the charges against Batman and what actions justified the charges?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)