|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose help does Batman believes he needs to defeat the Mutants?
(c) Commissioner Gordon's.
2. After a gas line explodes, who does Commissioner Gordon fear is trapped in an apartment building blaze?
(a) His wife, Sarah.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Bruce Wayne.
3. After the detonation of the nuclear weapons, what disables all the electronics in Gotham and the Western hemisphere?
(a) An electromagnetic pulse.
(b) A nuclear winter.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A charge.
4. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
(a) The Joker.
(c) Harvey Dent.
5. After Clark Kent gives Bruce an important warning, what does Bruce tell him in return?
(a) He will not stop doing what he must do.
(b) He will seek Clark Kent's help.
(c) He will stop being Batman.
(d) He will continue to support the President's orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Selina Kyle tells Batman that the Joker is killing people by doing what?
2. Alfred declares what about Bruce Wayne when Carrie asks about Bruce after their return from the county fair?
3. Who is positioned on the roof outside the television studio?
4. After the new commissioner is named, which of the criminals at Arkham is preparing to re-enter society?
5. With whom does Batman share his plan to render the Mutants helpless?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
2. How does Batman utilize his brain instead of his brawn when fighting the Mutants' leader a second time?
3. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
4. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
5. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
6. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
7. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
8. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
9. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
10. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)