|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens inside the television studio during the talk show?
(a) A programmed bomb goes off and kills everyone.
(b) People love the show.
(c) A surprise guest arrives.
(d) Programmers schedule more talk shows.
2. Once Batman and Robin return to the Bat Cave, who is badly injured?
3. Who retires from Gotham's police force?
(a) Commissioner Yindel.
(b) A friend of Bruce Wayne.
(c) Commissioner Loeb.
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
4. Who sets off the explosives in the Tunnel of Love while still inside?
(b) The commissioner.
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
5. What is Batman's plan to defeat the Mutants?
(a) He plans to reveal their hideout to the police.
(b) He plans to raid their hideout and defeat them one by one.
(c) He plans to defeat their leader in front of them.
(d) He plans to call in Superman for assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Joker's thugs sets off one of the bombs, who does it miss?
2. After fighting Batman in the Tunnel of Love, what does the Joker do as a last act of defiance?
3. While in the House of Mirrors, who repeatedly fires a gun at Batman?
4. At the jail, which group revolts against the guard and manages to weasel out of their cell?
5. Who is badly hurt in the Tunnel of Love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
2. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
3. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
4. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
5. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
6. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
7. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
8. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
9. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
10. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)