|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears on the television talk show with Dr. Wopler?
(a) Vicki Vale.
(b) Selina Kyle.
(c) The Joker.
(d) Harvey Dent.
2. What does the Joker hope to do to Batman when Batman enters the House of Mirrors?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Injure him.
(c) Toy with him.
(d) Terrorize him.
3. With Commissioner Gordon as witness, what does the deputy mayor tell the Mutants' leader?
(a) He accepts the Mutants' leader's apology.
(b) He is still open to negotiations.
(c) He is still ready to accept the Mutants' leader's plea of guilty.
(d) He is ready to release the Mutants' leader.
4. Whose help does Batman believes he needs to defeat the Mutants?
(c) Commissioner Gordon's.
5. Who do the doctors at Arkham believe is cured and no threat to society, so it is okay for him to make a television appearance?
(a) The Joker.
(c) The Scarecrow.
(d) Harvey Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lawyers for the Mutants still in jail argue that the members should be released for what reason?
2. When the Joker's thugs sets off one of the bombs, who does it miss?
3. After a bomb goes off forcing people to scatter for safety, which character flees into the House of Mirrors?
4. What kind of bomb does the Joker threaten to set off at the county fair?
5. Where do Batman and Robin go to locate the Joker after he leaves Selina Kyle's escort service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
2. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
3. Why does Clark Kent believe Bruce will ruin everything?
4. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
5. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
6. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
7. Why does the author interchange the scenes of Captain Yindl arriving on her first day as commissioner and Commission Gordon's and Carrie's beginning with Batman?
8. How does Batman utilize his brain instead of his brawn when fighting the Mutants' leader a second time?
9. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
10. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)