|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to capture Batman on the roof of the television studio?
(a) The Joker.
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
(d) The Gotham City Police.
2. After a gas line explodes, who does Commissioner Gordon fear is trapped in an apartment building blaze?
(a) His wife, Sarah.
(b) Bruce Wayne.
(d) His daughter.
3. When the riots are raging all over Gotham, Batman and Robin set out to what location to get help?
(b) The Bat cave.
(c) The dump.
(d) The police station.
4. Whose help does Batman believes he needs to defeat the Mutants?
(b) Commissioner Gordon's.
5. Once Batman and Robin return to the Bat Cave, who is badly injured?
Short Answer Questions
1. While treating Bruce Wayne's injuries, Alfred asks Bruce if he remembers who?
2. In order to establish order, Batman and Robin seek help from what group?
3. The lawyers for the Mutants still in jail argue that the members should be released for what reason?
4. After Gotham City spirals into a den of violence, who does Commissioner Gordon take in to meet with the Mutants' leader?
5. Who rescues Batman from the television studio roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
2. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
3. Why does the author interchange the scenes of Captain Yindl arriving on her first day as commissioner and Commission Gordon's and Carrie's beginning with Batman?
4. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
5. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
6. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
7. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
8. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
9. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
10. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)