|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his release from Arkham Asylum, where is one of the recently "cured" patients supposed to make an appearance?
(a) At a news conference.
(b) At a dance club.
(c) At the county fair.
(d) On a late night talk show.
2. While in the House of Mirrors, who repeatedly fires a gun at Batman?
(a) The Joker.
(b) The commissioner.
(c) The police.
(d) Harvey Dent.
3. When the riots are raging all over Gotham, Batman and Robin set out to what location to get help?
(a) The Bat cave.
(c) The dump.
(d) The police station.
4. Why does Clark Kent go to Bruce Wayne to talk?
(a) Because Clark Kent promised the President he would.
(b) Because Clark Kent needs his help.
(c) Because Clark Kent needs advice.
(d) Because Clark Kent misses his friend.
5. Who do the doctors at Arkham believe is cured and no threat to society, so it is okay for him to make a television appearance?
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) The Joker.
(d) The Scarecrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Batman from the television studio roof?
2. Once Batman and Robin return to the Bat Cave, who is badly injured?
3. What location does the Joker's thug put one of the bombs?
4. What kind of bomb does the Joker threaten to set off at the county fair?
5. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
2. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
3. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
4. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
5. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
6. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
7. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
8. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
9. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
10. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)