|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Batman's plan to defeat the Mutants?
(a) He plans to defeat their leader in front of them.
(b) He plans to raid their hideout and defeat them one by one.
(c) He plans to call in Superman for assistance.
(d) He plans to reveal their hideout to the police.
2. Who is badly hurt in the Tunnel of Love?
(b) The commissioner.
3. Who do the doctors at Arkham believe is cured and no threat to society, so it is okay for him to make a television appearance?
(a) The Joker.
(b) The Scarecrow.
(c) Harvey Dent.
4. Once Batman and Robin return to the Bat Cave, who is badly injured?
5. Just before the Soviets launch their nuclear weapons, what does Clark say to Bruce at their meeting?
(a) Come and help defend the planet.
(b) Trouble is brewing.
(c) Support the President.
(d) Get to safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
2. While the bomb is set to go off, what are the people outside the House of Mirrors doing?
3. The doctors from Arkham believe the threat will come from what character during the television appearance?
4. What did the Joker want to accomplish with his latest action against Batman?
5. After the new commissioner is named, which of the criminals at Arkham is preparing to re-enter society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
2. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
3. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
4. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
5. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
6. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
7. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
8. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
9. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
10. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)