|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Mutants come to see as their leader?
(a) The Mutants' leader.
(b) The Joker.
2. Who rescues Batman from the television studio roof?
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
3. Where do Batman and Robin go to locate the Joker after he leaves Selina Kyle's escort service?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The twin towers.
(c) The bat cave.
4. What did the Joker want to accomplish with his latest action against Batman?
(a) He wanted the police to believe Batman killed him.
(b) He wanted the police to find and kill Batman,
(c) He wanted to kill Batman.
(d) He wanted to see the look on Batman's face.
5. When chaos and riots erupt all over Gotham after the nuclear bombs, Batman and Robin go out on the streets to try to establish order. What are they riding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Batman and Robin return to the Bat Cave, who is badly injured?
2. What is one reason why Alfred thinks it is a mistake for Bruce to make the New Robin his partner?
3. When the Joker's thugs sets off one of the bombs, who does it miss?
4. What does Batman threaten Robin with doing if Robin disobeys him again?
5. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author interchange the scenes of Captain Yindl arriving on her first day as commissioner and Commission Gordon's and Carrie's beginning with Batman?
2. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
3. How does the author build suspense leading up to Clark Kent's arrival in Gotham City?
4. How does Batman utilize his brain instead of his brawn when fighting the Mutants' leader a second time?
5. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
6. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
7. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
8. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
9. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
10. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)