|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When riots break out all over Gotham, what else spreads and threatens to destroy the city?
2. Who attempts to stop a former Arkham Asylum patient from going through with the scheduled appearance?
(a) Commissioner Gordon.
(b) The Gotham City Police.
(d) Commissioner Yindel.
3. Who rescues Batman from the television studio roof?
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
4. In order to establish order, Batman and Robin seek help from what group?
(a) The Sons of Batman.
(b) The police.
(c) The United States army.
(d) The FBI.
5. What does Batman threaten Robin with doing if Robin disobeys him again?
(a) Telling Robin's parents.
(b) A spanking.
(c) Sending Robin home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the commissioner and the cops go to look for Batman at the county fair?
2. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
3. Who retires from Gotham's police force?
4. Why does Clark Kent go to Bruce Wayne to talk?
5. The Soviets' nuclear weapons were directed at which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
2. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
3. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
4. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
5. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
6. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
7. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
8. Why does the author interchange the scenes of Captain Yindl arriving on her first day as commissioner and Commission Gordon's and Carrie's beginning with Batman?
9. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
10. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)