|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the House of Mirrors, who repeatedly fires a gun at Batman?
(a) The Joker.
(b) The commissioner.
(c) The police.
(d) Harvey Dent.
2. Where do the commissioner and the cops go to look for Batman at the county fair?
(a) The Tunnel of Love.
(b) The House of Wax.
(c) The petting zoo.
(d) The Horror House.
3. With Commissioner Gordon as witness, what does the deputy mayor tell the Mutants' leader?
(a) He is still ready to accept the Mutants' leader's plea of guilty.
(b) He accepts the Mutants' leader's apology.
(c) He is still open to negotiations.
(d) He is ready to release the Mutants' leader.
4. After Clark Kent gives Bruce an important warning, what does Bruce tell him in return?
(a) He will not stop doing what he must do.
(b) He will stop being Batman.
(c) He will seek Clark Kent's help.
(d) He will continue to support the President's orders.
5. While the bomb is set to go off, what are the people outside the House of Mirrors doing?
(c) Pretending nothing is going on.
(d) Running for safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clark Kent meets with Bruce, what important information does he tell him?
2. With whom does Batman share his plan to render the Mutants helpless?
3. The Soviets' nuclear weapons were directed at which location?
4. Who rescues Batman from the television studio roof?
5. At the jail, which group revolts against the guard and manages to weasel out of their cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
2. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
3. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
4. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
5. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
6. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
7. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
8. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
9. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
10. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)