|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the jail, which group revolts against the guard and manages to weasel out of their cell?
(a) The Mutants.
(b) The Rugrats.
(c) The Sons of Adam.
(d) The Clowns.
2. Who appears on the television talk show with Dr. Wopler?
(a) Selina Kyle.
(b) The Joker.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) Vicki Vale.
3. After his release from Arkham Asylum, where is one of the recently "cured" patients supposed to make an appearance?
(a) At the county fair.
(b) At a news conference.
(c) On a late night talk show.
(d) At a dance club.
4. Who sets off the explosives in the Tunnel of Love while still inside?
(a) The commissioner.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
5. Posing as a detective, Batman asks the new commissioner about what event?
(a) Batman's vigilantism.
(b) The Joker's release.
(c) The suicide of a congressman.
(d) The congressman's re-election.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the people on the roller coaster escape danger?
2. What does Batman threaten Robin with doing if Robin disobeys him again?
3. After returning from the fair, whose face does Batman continue to see over and over again?
4. The doctors from Arkham believe the threat will come from what character during the television appearance?
5. Who thwarts a 7-11 robbery in the name of Batman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
2. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
3. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
4. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
5. How does the author build suspense leading up to Clark Kent's arrival in Gotham City?
6. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
7. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
8. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
9. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
10. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)