|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clark Kent meets with Bruce, what important information does he tell him?
(a) The President wants Bruce to stop what he is doing.
(b) The President wants Bruce to be silent.
(c) The President wants Bruce to join a special task force.
(d) The President wants Bruce to run for office.
2. Who attempts to capture Batman on the roof of the television studio?
(a) The Joker.
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) The Gotham City Police.
3. When Robin flies in closer to get to Batman, what do the cops notice about Robin?
(a) Robin is a young girl.
(b) Robin is armed.
(c) Robin is angry.
(d) Robin is a good pilot.
4. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(d) The Joker.
5. According to Clark Kent, where has Diana (Wonder Woman) gone?
(a) To Mars.
(b) To the moon.
(c) To her island home.
(d) To Metropolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clark Kent go to Bruce Wayne to talk?
2. The Soviets' nuclear weapons were directed at which location?
3. Who thwarts a 7-11 robbery in the name of Batman?
4. Just before the Soviets launch their nuclear weapons, what does Clark say to Bruce at their meeting?
5. After a gas line explodes, who does Commissioner Gordon fear is trapped in an apartment building blaze?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
2. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
3. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
4. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
5. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
6. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
7. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
8. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
9. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
10. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)