|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Batman and Robin return to the Bat Cave, who is badly injured?
2. What does Batman threaten Robin with doing if Robin disobeys him again?
(b) Sending Robin home.
(c) Telling Robin's parents.
(d) A spanking.
3. Where do the commissioner and the cops go to look for Batman at the county fair?
(a) The petting zoo.
(b) The House of Wax.
(c) The Horror House.
(d) The Tunnel of Love.
4. After the detonation of the nuclear weapons, what disables all the electronics in Gotham and the Western hemisphere?
(a) A nuclear winter.
(b) An electromagnetic pulse.
(c) A charge.
(d) A bomb.
5. What happens to the Soviets' nuclear weapons?
(a) Superman pushes them into outer space.
(b) Superman intercepts and detonates them.
(c) Superman pushes them deep into the earth.
(d) Superman crushes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escapes from the Gotham City jail with the help of Commissioner Gordon?
2. After Clark Kent gives Bruce an important warning, what does Bruce tell him in return?
3. After sharing his plans with Commissioner Gordon and Robin to defeat the Mutants, who does Batman meet at the Mutants' dump?
4. What location does the Joker's thug put one of the bombs?
5. In order to establish order, Batman and Robin seek help from what group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
2. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
3. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
4. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
5. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
6. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
7. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
8. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
9. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
10. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)