|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Soviets' nuclear weapons were directed at which location?
(a) Corto Maltese.
2. After his release from Arkham Asylum, where is one of the recently "cured" patients supposed to make an appearance?
(a) At a dance club.
(b) At a news conference.
(c) On a late night talk show.
(d) At the county fair.
3. The doctors from Arkham believe the threat will come from what character during the television appearance?
(a) Commissioner Gordon.
(b) Harvey Dent.
4. After Gotham City spirals into a den of violence, who does Commissioner Gordon take in to meet with the Mutants' leader?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The president.
5. Just before the Soviets launch their nuclear weapons, what does Clark say to Bruce at their meeting?
(a) Support the President.
(b) Come and help defend the planet.
(c) Trouble is brewing.
(d) Get to safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the riots are raging all over Gotham, Batman and Robin set out to what location to get help?
2. Who sets off the explosives in the Tunnel of Love while still inside?
3. When riots break out all over Gotham, what else spreads and threatens to destroy the city?
4. After fighting Batman in the Tunnel of Love, what does the Joker do as a last act of defiance?
5. Alfred declares what about Bruce Wayne when Carrie asks about Bruce after their return from the county fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
2. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
3. Why does Clark Kent believe Bruce will ruin everything?
4. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
5. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
6. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
7. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
8. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
9. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
10. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)