|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Clark Kent gives Bruce an important warning, what does Bruce tell him in return?
(a) He will continue to support the President's orders.
(b) He will not stop doing what he must do.
(c) He will stop being Batman.
(d) He will seek Clark Kent's help.
2. After sharing his plans with Commissioner Gordon and Robin to defeat the Mutants, who does Batman meet at the Mutants' dump?
(a) The Joker.
(b) The Mutants gang.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) The Mutants' leader.
3. What does the Joker hope to do to Batman when Batman enters the House of Mirrors?
(a) Injure him.
(b) Terrorize him.
(c) Toy with him.
(d) Kill him.
4. Where do the commissioner and the cops go to look for Batman at the county fair?
(a) The Tunnel of Love.
(b) The Horror House.
(c) The House of Wax.
(d) The petting zoo.
5. Just before the Soviets launch their nuclear weapons, what does Clark say to Bruce at their meeting?
(a) Get to safety.
(b) Come and help defend the planet.
(c) Trouble is brewing.
(d) Support the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Selina Kyle tells Batman that the Joker is killing people by doing what?
2. After his release from Arkham Asylum, where is one of the recently "cured" patients supposed to make an appearance?
3. Why does Clark Kent go to Bruce Wayne to talk?
4. Who is one of the Arkham administrators?
5. After the television incident, how do Batman and Robin pursue the Joker?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
2. How does Batman utilize his brain instead of his brawn when fighting the Mutants' leader a second time?
3. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
4. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
5. Why does the author interchange the scenes of Captain Yindl arriving on her first day as commissioner and Commission Gordon's and Carrie's beginning with Batman?
6. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
7. Why does Clark Kent believe Bruce will ruin everything?
8. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
9. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
10. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)