|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In pursuit of Batman at the fair, what do the commissioner and the cops find instead?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) The Joker's dead body rigged with explosives.
(d) The Joker.
2. With Commissioner Gordon as witness, what does the deputy mayor tell the Mutants' leader?
(a) He is still ready to accept the Mutants' leader's plea of guilty.
(b) He is ready to release the Mutants' leader.
(c) He accepts the Mutants' leader's apology.
(d) He is still open to negotiations.
3. The Soviets' nuclear weapons were directed at which location?
(b) Corto Maltese.
4. Who do the doctors at Arkham believe is cured and no threat to society, so it is okay for him to make a television appearance?
(a) The Joker.
(b) Harvey Dent.
(d) The Scarecrow.
5. What is Batman's plan to defeat the Mutants?
(a) He plans to defeat their leader in front of them.
(b) He plans to raid their hideout and defeat them one by one.
(c) He plans to call in Superman for assistance.
(d) He plans to reveal their hideout to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just before the Soviets launch their nuclear weapons, what does Clark say to Bruce at their meeting?
2. With whom does Batman share his plan to render the Mutants helpless?
3. After a bomb goes off forcing people to scatter for safety, which character flees into the House of Mirrors?
4. After the nuclear weapons detonate, what do the people of Gotham do?
5. Alfred declares what about Bruce Wayne when Carrie asks about Bruce after their return from the county fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
2. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
3. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
4. How does the author build suspense leading up to Clark Kent's arrival in Gotham City?
5. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
6. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
7. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
8. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
9. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
10. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)