|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When riots break out all over Gotham, what else spreads and threatens to destroy the city?
2. What happens to the Soviets' nuclear weapons?
(a) Superman pushes them deep into the earth.
(b) Superman intercepts and detonates them.
(c) Superman pushes them into outer space.
(d) Superman crushes them.
3. Where do the commissioner and the cops go to look for Batman at the county fair?
(a) The Horror House.
(b) The Tunnel of Love.
(c) The petting zoo.
(d) The House of Wax.
4. Who rescues Batman from the television studio roof?
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
5. After a gas line explodes, who does Commissioner Gordon fear is trapped in an apartment building blaze?
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(b) His daughter.
(d) His wife, Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Clark Kent gives Bruce an important warning, what does Bruce tell him in return?
2. Who is named as the new commissioner of Gotham City's police force?
3. Who attempts to capture Batman on the roof of the television studio?
4. Just before the Soviets launch their nuclear weapons, what does Clark say to Bruce at their meeting?
5. After the nuclear weapons detonate, what do the people of Gotham do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
2. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
3. Why does the knowledge that Batman keeps count of the scores of people The Joker has killed make the Joker happy?
4. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
5. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
6. What does Clark Kent/Superman mean when he says, "...like a murderer, you'd cover it up again"?
7. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
8. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
9. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
10. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)