|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose help does Batman believes he needs to defeat the Mutants?
(d) Commissioner Gordon's.
2. The lawyers for the Mutants still in jail argue that the members should be released for what reason?
(a) They are minors.
(b) They are rehabilitated.
(c) They are sorry for their actions.
(d) They are adults.
3. Who is named as the new commissioner of Gotham City's police force?
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) Commissioner Yindel.
(d) Commissioner Loeb.
4. What happens inside the television studio during the talk show?
(a) A surprise guest arrives.
(b) People love the show.
(c) A programmed bomb goes off and kills everyone.
(d) Programmers schedule more talk shows.
5. At the announcement of the new commissioner, what plan for Batman does the new commissioner want to begin?
(a) Celebrating Batman's efforts.
(b) Weekly meetings with Batman.
(c) Befriending Batman.
(d) Arresting Batman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets off the explosives in the Tunnel of Love while still inside?
2. When Robin flies in closer to get to Batman, what do the cops notice about Robin?
3. What happens to the Soviets' nuclear weapons?
4. When the Joker's thugs sets off one of the bombs, who does it miss?
5. Who do the Mutants come to see as their leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
2. How does the author build suspense leading up to Clark Kent's arrival in Gotham City?
3. During the pursuit from the Gotham City Police at Selina Kyle's escort surface, Batman thinks about Commissioner Gordon's words. What did Commissioner Gordon mean when he told Bruce that he makes the wrong enemies and all it would take is one bullet?
4. How does Batman utilize his brain instead of his brawn when fighting the Mutants' leader a second time?
5. How does Batman escape from the Gotham City police?
6. Why does Batman think of Robin as a good soldier as she falls from the broken cable?
7. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
8. How does The Joker attempt to have one last laugh at Batman's expense?
9. Why does Batman ask the newly escaped ex-Mutants to help him restore order to Gotham City?
10. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)