|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the commissioner and the cops go to look for Batman at the county fair?
(a) The petting zoo.
(b) The Horror House.
(c) The House of Wax.
(d) The Tunnel of Love.
2. With whom does Batman share his plan to render the Mutants helpless?
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
3. After returning from the fair, whose face does Batman continue to see over and over again?
(a) Selena Kyle's.
(b) The Joker's.
(d) His father's.
4. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
(a) The Joker.
(d) Harvey Dent.
5. When the riots are raging all over Gotham, Batman and Robin set out to what location to get help?
(a) The Bat cave.
(b) The dump.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named as the new commissioner of Gotham City's police force?
2. When Clark Kent meets with Bruce, what important information does he tell him?
3. Who attempts to capture Batman on the roof of the television studio?
4. When chaos and riots erupt all over Gotham after the nuclear bombs, Batman and Robin go out on the streets to try to establish order. What are they riding?
5. Why does Clark Kent go to Bruce Wayne to talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alfred feel that Carrie is not a suitable choice to be Batman's partner?
2. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
3. Why does Superman find it important that the "...humans not be reminded that they walk amongst giants..."?
4. How does the author build suspense leading up to Clark Kent's arrival in Gotham City?
5. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
6. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
7. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
8. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
9. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
10. Batman shouts at an image and tells it to "stop laughing." What is the significance of Batman seeing the Joker laughing at him long after the Joker has died?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)