|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the pursuit of the bank robbers, what does Batman say he needs to climb the rope?
(a) His arms.
(b) His intellect.
(c) His legs.
(d) His strength.
2. What happens to Batman's legs as he crouches on the roof, waiting for the helicopters to arrive?
(a) They are injured.
(b) They throb.
(c) They cramp up.
(d) They are knocked out from beneath him.
3. Who calls Bruce Wayne, claiming to be lonely?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Selina Kyle.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
4. At Arkham, what does Dr. Wopler tell his patient about Commissioner Gordon?
(a) That Gordon coming to visit.
(b) That Gordon is retiring.
(c) That Gordon has gone senile.
(d) That Gordon is a good policeman.
5. At Arkham, who is the patient who receives plastic surgery and is believed to be cured?
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(c) The Joker.
(d) Harvey Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the new Robin?
2. When approaching the army surplus helicopter, what does the gas Batman throws at the criminal do?
3. With whom does Commissioner Gordon share a private drink at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who wants the Joker to make bombs for him?
5. In the beginning of the novel, what does Carol warn Bruce about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Batman has the Mutants' leader in his gun scope, why does Batman not blast the Mutants' leader and eliminate the gang altogether?
2. How does Lana Lang's words, "We live in the shadow of crime, Ted, with the unspoken understanding that we are victims--of fear, of violence, of social impotence..." equate to Batman's beliefs?
3. Why is it important to note that Harvey Dent has returned to a life of crime?
4. What does Bruce Wayne means when he tells the news reporter, "We must believe that our private demons can be defeated..."?
5. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
6. One of the criminals Batman hurt attempts to sue him and asks the Gotham City Police to press charges against him. What is the irony of these actions?
7. What is the importance of mentioning the new commissioner search in the same segment as the search for the missing child?
8. Why does Harvey Dent cover his new face with bandages?
9. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
10. How does Batman's nostalgia about Robin serve as foreshadowing for his battle with the Mutants' leader?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)