|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Batman's return to crime fighting, who makes the decision to relight the Batman call signal?
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
2. The first night of his return, Batman races through the rain the night of the big storm. What does he describe the rain as?
(a) His baptism.
(b) His shower.
(c) His luck.
(d) His tears.
3. Who calls Bruce Wayne, claiming to be lonely?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
(d) Selina Kyle.
4. In the pursuit of the bank robbers, what does Batman say he needs to climb the rope?
(a) His strength.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His intellect.
5. What happens to Bruce Wayne during the opening of the novel?
(a) He is put in the hospital.
(b) His back is thrown out.
(c) He is blinded by fire.
(d) His race car explodes into flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Batman compare the newer helicopter to?
2. Which character says, "I burn you--burning you, I flare, hot and bright and fierce."?
3. Who do the bank robbers say killed Batman?
4. Carrie and her friend decide to cut through where to get home?
5. At the Mutants' meeting, what does Batman demands of the Mutants?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Crime Alley during the Mutants' attempted mugging, Bruce Wayne believes the new criminals are a "purer breed" of the man who murdered his parents. What does this mean?
2. What is the importance of mentioning the new commissioner search in the same segment as the search for the missing child?
3. How is the demon metaphor for Batman further promoted during Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking and flashback scene?
4. How does Batman's nostalgia about Robin serve as foreshadowing for his battle with the Mutants' leader?
5. Why is it important to note that Harvey Dent has returned to a life of crime?
6. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
7. How does Batman continue to use fear to cripple the younger criminals he encounters?
8. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
9. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
10. During his initial attack on the Mutants, Batman thinks of Dick Grayson and that they had never faced anything like the Mutants' leader, only humans. Why is the significance of Batman thinking of Dick Grayson at this time?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)