|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the muggers stop attacking Bruce Wayne?
(a) The Gotham City Police came.
(b) Because they were bored.
(c) Other people walked by.
(d) Because he wasn't scared.
2. After his return to crime fighting, how does Batman say his body should feel?
(b) In agony.
3. Who stalks Commissioner Gordon when he walks outside to smoke a cigar?
(a) The Joker.
(c) A Mutants gang member.
(d) Harvey Dent.
4. Who do the people of Gotham City believe died in the incident at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Selina Kyle.
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
(c) Clark Kent.
(d) Bruce Wayne.
5. As Batman makes his way up to the roof to intercept the helicopter's henchmen, what does he think should be easier?
(c) Crime fighting.
(d) Talking to Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. While having a private drink, Commissioner Gordon is happy about whose retirement?
2. What weather event does the weatherman compare to the wrath of God?
3. Which character said, "We must believe our private demons can be defeated..."?
4. At Arkham, who is the patient who receives plastic surgery and is believed to be cured?
5. What does Batman find on the army surplus helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his initial attack on the Mutants, Batman thinks of Dick Grayson and that they had never faced anything like the Mutants' leader, only humans. Why is the significance of Batman thinking of Dick Grayson at this time?
2. How does Batman's nostalgia about Robin serve as foreshadowing for his battle with the Mutants' leader?
3. How is the demon metaphor for Batman further promoted during Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking and flashback scene?
4. In what ways are the soaring high temperatures symbolic of the violence in Gotham City?
5. What does Bruce Wayne means when he tells the news reporter, "We must believe that our private demons can be defeated..."?
6. Why does the author write the words Morrie uses to describe Batman, "...morally bankrupt, politically hazardous, reactionary, paranoid...," on the panel of the Joker smiling and staring gleefully at the television?
7. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
8. How does Batman's age affect his body during the initial nights of his return?
9. Why does Batman feel that falling to his death he runs between the two towers on a cable being shot out by Harvey Dent's thug would be a fine death?
10. How is Carrie Kelley a perfect Robin for Bruce Wayne's elderly Batman?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)