|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "I burn you--burning you, I flare, hot and bright and fierce."?
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
(d) Harvey Dent.
2. The weather Gotham is experiencing is _______________.
(b) heavy rains
(c) a drought
3. What does Batman regret when reflecting on the incident with the bank robbers?
(a) Getting older.
(b) Going easy on them.
(c) Losing Robin.
(d) Returning to crime fighting.
4. Who pays a visit to the Joker at Arkham?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Dr. Wopler.
(c) One of the Joker's thugs.
5. Why were his parents killed?
(b) As a cult sacrifice
(c) In an accident
(d) Gang death quota
Short Answer Questions
1. It's summer in Gotham City, and what is wrong with the weather?
2. Who stalks Commissioner Gordon when he walks outside to smoke a cigar?
3. Who had plastic surgery in the mental institution?
4. How does Batman fly?
5. How many people does Arnold Crimp kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
2. What is the irony of Alfred dying after burning Wayne Manor to the ground?
3. Why does the author write the words Morrie uses to describe Batman, "...morally bankrupt, politically hazardous, reactionary, paranoid...," on the panel of the Joker smiling and staring gleefully at the television?
4. How does Batman's age affect his body during the initial nights of his return?
5. Why does Batman think the Joker will strike next at the county fair?
6. Why does the Mutant leader kill the mayor?
7. What is the "spirit" Commissioner Gordon refers to when he says, "The spirit spreads as fast as a fire."?
8. Do the two Mutants in the alley really think Bruce might be Batman?
9. Why does the rookie try to arrest Batman?
10. Superman's thoughts are conveyed in blue text boxes. Other than being a color in his costume, name one other reason blue might have been chosen.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)