|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night after Harvey Dent's release, Bruce Wayne has a flashback about what?
(a) The night Jason died.
(b) The day his parents were killed.
(c) Falling into a hole and being attacked by bats.
(d) His Batman glory days.
2. Which of the bank robbers was hit by gunfire from another robber?
3. It's summer in Gotham City, and what is wrong with the weather?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) There are floods.
(c) It's unseasonably hot.
(d) It's raining a lot.
4. After sneaking out, what does the new Robin overhear the Mutants discussing?
(a) A new crime.
(b) A raid on the local banks.
(c) A meeting at the dump.
(d) A plan to kill Batman.
5. Why doesn't Bruce Wayne drive his car home after leaving the house of an old friend?
(a) He's drunk.
(b) He doesn't want to be inside anything.
(c) He wants some fresh air.
(d) He wants to ride a mtorocycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays a visit to the Joker at Arkham?
2. Who wants the Joker to make bombs for him?
3. What does Batman find on the army surplus helicopter?
4. Who do the bank robbers say killed Batman?
5. When Bruce Wayne wakes up from his flashback, Alfred notices what has happened to Bruce Wayne's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his initial attack on the Mutants, Batman thinks of Dick Grayson and that they had never faced anything like the Mutants' leader, only humans. Why is the significance of Batman thinking of Dick Grayson at this time?
2. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
3. In what ways are the soaring high temperatures symbolic of the violence in Gotham City?
4. One of the criminals Batman hurt attempts to sue him and asks the Gotham City Police to press charges against him. What is the irony of these actions?
5. How is the demon metaphor for Batman further promoted during Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking and flashback scene?
6. In Crime Alley during the Mutants' attempted mugging, Bruce Wayne believes the new criminals are a "purer breed" of the man who murdered his parents. What does this mean?
7. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
8. When Batman confronts Harvey Dent, what does he mean when he thinks "...the scars go deep--too deep"?
9. How is Carrie Kelley a perfect Robin for Bruce Wayne's elderly Batman?
10. How does Batman's nostalgia about Robin serve as foreshadowing for his battle with the Mutants' leader?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)