|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Bruce Wayne, claiming to be lonely?
(a) Commissioner Gordon.
(c) Selina Kyle.
(d) Harvey Dent.
2. Which of the bank robbers was hit by gunfire from another robber?
3. While having a private drink, Commissioner Gordon is happy about whose retirement?
(a) His own.
(b) Bruce Wayne's.
(c) Harvey Dent's.
(d) The Joker's.
4. Who dies when the helicopter explodes?
(a) The Joker.
(b) The Mutants' leader.
(c) Four criminals.
(d) One helicopter pilot.
5. What does Batman tell Harvey Dent he sees when he looks at him?
(b) A reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Commissioner Gordon do to his stalker?
2. What does the Mutants' leader do at their meeting?
3. At the onset of the novel, what is Bruce Wayne doing?
4. When Bruce Wayne has his first nightmarish flashback, where does he wake up and find himself?
5. Who attacks Carrie and her friend Michelle on their way home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to note that Harvey Dent has returned to a life of crime?
2. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
3. When Batman confronts Harvey Dent, what does he mean when he thinks "...the scars go deep--too deep"?
4. When Batman has the Mutants' leader in his gun scope, why does Batman not blast the Mutants' leader and eliminate the gang altogether?
5. When Commissioner Gordon is attacked by a member of the Mutants gang, why does thinking of his wife Sarah make it easy for him to fight back?
6. What does Bruce Wayne means when he tells the news reporter, "We must believe that our private demons can be defeated..."?
7. How does Lana Lang's words, "We live in the shadow of crime, Ted, with the unspoken understanding that we are victims--of fear, of violence, of social impotence..." equate to Batman's beliefs?
8. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
9. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
10. In what ways are the soaring high temperatures symbolic of the violence in Gotham City?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)