|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Batman's return to crime fighting, who makes the decision to relight the Batman call signal?
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
2. Who does Bruce Wayne mistake the Mutants for when walking home?
(b) His parents' murderers.
3. Who calls Bruce Wayne, claiming to be lonely?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
(c) Selina Kyle.
4. What does Commissioner Gordon do to his stalker?
(a) He has him arrested.
(b) He kills the stalker.
(c) He captures him.
(d) He loses him in the crowds.
5. Who attacks Carrie and her friend Michelle on their way home from school?
(a) The Joker.
(c) The Mutants.
(d) Harvey Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Batman kill the Mutant leader when he has a clear shot of him?
2. After the battle with the Mutants, who helps Batman as he lay in the bat cave?
3. What did one of the bank robbers say that Batman didn't do?
4. At the Mutants' meeting, what does Batman demands of the Mutants?
5. What does Batman find on one of the bank robbers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author give a lot of detail on Margaret Corcoran only to have the Mutants blow her up at the end of the paneled section?
2. Why does the author write the words Morrie uses to describe Batman, "...morally bankrupt, politically hazardous, reactionary, paranoid...," on the panel of the Joker smiling and staring gleefully at the television?
3. One of the criminals Batman hurt attempts to sue him and asks the Gotham City Police to press charges against him. What is the irony of these actions?
4. What does Bruce Wayne means when he tells the news reporter, "We must believe that our private demons can be defeated..."?
5. When Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne talk over drinks, what is the significance of Bruce Wayne referring to himself in the third person?
6. When Commissioner Gordon is attacked by a member of the Mutants gang, why does thinking of his wife Sarah make it easy for him to fight back?
7. How does Batman continue to use fear to cripple the younger criminals he encounters?
8. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
9. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
10. How is Carrie Kelley a perfect Robin for Bruce Wayne's elderly Batman?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)