|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the people of Gotham City believe died in the incident at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Clark Kent.
(b) Selina Kyle.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
(d) Bruce Wayne.
2. After visiting an old friend at the beginning of the novel, where does Bruce Wayne leave his car?
(a) On the street.
(b) At home.
(c) In the garage.
(d) With Alfred.
3. Who does Bruce Wayne mistake the Mutants for when walking home?
(b) His parents' murderers.
4. What does Commissioner Gordon do to his stalker?
(a) He captures him.
(b) He loses him in the crowds.
(c) He has him arrested.
(d) He kills the stalker.
5. The unseasonable weather in Gotham City is responsible for a major rise in what?
(a) Power outages.
(b) Soda sales.
(c) Civilian violence.
(d) Record swimming pool sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle with the Mutants, who helps Batman as he lay in the bat cave?
2. Why doesn't Bruce Wayne drive his car home after leaving the house of an old friend?
3. While walking around Gotham City, where does Bruce Wayne end up?
4. The first night of his return, Batman races through the rain the night of the big storm. What does he describe the rain as?
5. Who tells Superman that he must put an end to Batman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author write the words Morrie uses to describe Batman, "...morally bankrupt, politically hazardous, reactionary, paranoid...," on the panel of the Joker smiling and staring gleefully at the television?
2. Why does Batman feel that falling to his death he runs between the two towers on a cable being shot out by Harvey Dent's thug would be a fine death?
3. How does Batman's age affect his body during the initial nights of his return?
4. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne watching The Mask of Zorro on television?
5. When the bank robbers return to Harvey Dent's apartment, what is the significance of the room being split into dirty and clean, light and dark?
6. When Batman has the Mutants' leader in his gun scope, why does Batman not blast the Mutants' leader and eliminate the gang altogether?
7. Why does Harvey Dent cover his new face with bandages?
8. How does Lana Lang's words, "We live in the shadow of crime, Ted, with the unspoken understanding that we are victims--of fear, of violence, of social impotence..." equate to Batman's beliefs?
9. In Crime Alley during the Mutants' attempted mugging, Bruce Wayne believes the new criminals are a "purer breed" of the man who murdered his parents. What does this mean?
10. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)