|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has tapped into the television antenna?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(d) The Joker.
2. Who saves Carrie and her friend Michelle from being attacked?
(a) Gotham City Police.
3. The first night of his return, Batman races through the rain the night of the big storm. What does he describe the rain as?
(a) His luck.
(b) His baptism.
(c) His tears.
(d) His shower.
4. Who pays a visit to the Joker at Arkham?
(a) One of the Joker's thugs.
(c) Dr. Wopler.
(d) Harvey Dent.
5. After sneaking out, what does the new Robin overhear the Mutants discussing?
(a) A new crime.
(b) A raid on the local banks.
(c) A plan to kill Batman.
(d) A meeting at the dump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Batman want to know about the character he is chasing off the roof tops?
2. What does Batman do at the Mutants' meeting to get their attention?
3. At Arkham, what does Dr. Wopler tell his patient about Commissioner Gordon?
4. What weather event does the weatherman compare to the wrath of God?
5. Who does Commissioner Gordon believe was leaking information to the media?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
2. In what ways is the protagonist, Bruce Wayne, conflicted at the beginning of "The Dark Knight Returns"?
3. What does Bruce Wayne means when he tells the news reporter, "We must believe that our private demons can be defeated..."?
4. What is the importance of mentioning the new commissioner search in the same segment as the search for the missing child?
5. In what ways are the soaring high temperatures symbolic of the violence in Gotham City?
6. When Commissioner Gordon is attacked by a member of the Mutants gang, why does thinking of his wife Sarah make it easy for him to fight back?
7. When Batman confronts Harvey Dent, what does he mean when he thinks "...the scars go deep--too deep"?
8. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
9. One of the criminals Batman hurt attempts to sue him and asks the Gotham City Police to press charges against him. What is the irony of these actions?
10. Why does the author give a lot of detail on Margaret Corcoran only to have the Mutants blow her up at the end of the paneled section?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)