|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, in the back of the cab, what is happening to a woman while the driver looks away?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) Her pimp is cutting her face.
(d) She is singing.
2. The news announces that disappearance of which character recently released from Akham?
(a) The Joker.
(d) Harvey Dent.
3. Who among Gotham City's Police force knows Batman's real identity?
(a) Commissioner Yindel.
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
4. When approaching the army surplus helicopter, what does the gas Batman throws at the criminal do?
(a) Makes them laugh.
(b) Makes them itch.
(c) Makes them go to sleep.
(d) Makes them relive their greatest fear.
5. What do the Gotham City Police believe will happen when Commissioner Gordon leaves?
(a) Gotham City will mourn.
(b) The Mutants' threat will subside.
(c) The violence will subside.
(d) The Mutants will increase their criminal activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Batman, how long does it take a person to fall from Gotham City's twin towers?
2. Who stops a Mutants gang member from hurting a woman and stealing her groceries?
3. The unseasonable weather in Gotham City is responsible for a major rise in what?
4. What happens to Bruce Wayne during the opening of the novel?
5. Who does Commissioner Gordon believe was leaking information to the media?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
2. Why does Harvey Dent cover his new face with bandages?
3. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
4. How is the media's report on Batman's return representative of the theme of duality in the novel?
5. When Batman has the Mutants' leader in his gun scope, why does Batman not blast the Mutants' leader and eliminate the gang altogether?
6. During his initial attack on the Mutants, Batman thinks of Dick Grayson and that they had never faced anything like the Mutants' leader, only humans. Why is the significance of Batman thinking of Dick Grayson at this time?
7. In what ways is the protagonist, Bruce Wayne, conflicted at the beginning of "The Dark Knight Returns"?
8. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
9. How is Carrie Kelley a perfect Robin for Bruce Wayne's elderly Batman?
10. In Crime Alley during the Mutants' attempted mugging, Bruce Wayne believes the new criminals are a "purer breed" of the man who murdered his parents. What does this mean?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)