|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bat signal used to call Batman look like?
(a) A black bat with a yellow outline
(b) A yellow circle with a black bat image in the center
(c) A yellow oval with a black bat image in the center
(d) A black circle with a yellow bat image in the center
2. How does Batman get past the idea that Harvey Dent's new look means he has a new, improved personality?
(a) He plugs his ears and stares at him
(b) He listens to Commissioner Gordon
(c) He gets mad at Dr. Wolper
(d) He closes his eyes and listens to him
3. With whom does Commissioner Gordon share a private drink at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Bruce Wayne.
(c) His wife, Sarah.
(d) Clark Kent.
4. What did one of the bank robbers say that Batman didn't do?
(c) Make sounds.
5. What does the criminal who tapped into the television station's antenna want from the viewing public?
(a) World domination.
(b) 5 million dollars.
(c) A car.
(d) 1 million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Arnold Crimp kill?
2. The news media receive a videotape from whom?
3. Batman fights the helicopters with a handful of warfare items. The dose was just enough to ____________________________.
4. How long has it been since the last sighting of Batman?
5. Who paid for Harvey Dent's treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mutant leader kill the mayor?
2. When Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne talk over drinks, what is the significance of Bruce Wayne referring to himself in the third person?
3. Why is it ironic that Wolper says Batman is to blame for Dent's return to criminal activity?
4. Why does Carrie go to the dump?
5. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
6. Why did General Nathan Biggs commit suicide?
7. Why does one Mutant get released from jail?
8. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
9. How does Bruce's age affect his crime fighting skills?
10. What does Bruce lose on his way home from his near attack by the Mutants? Why is it important?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)