|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After sneaking out, what does the new Robin overhear the Mutants discussing?
(a) A meeting at the dump.
(b) A raid on the local banks.
(c) A new crime.
(d) A plan to kill Batman.
2. While having a private drink, Commissioner Gordon is happy about whose retirement?
(a) The Joker's.
(b) His own.
(c) Bruce Wayne's.
(d) Harvey Dent's.
3. How long has the Joker been in a comatose state?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 3 years.
4. Who stops a Mutants gang member from hurting a woman and stealing her groceries?
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
5. After his return to crime fighting, how does Batman say his body should feel?
(a) In agony.
Short Answer Questions
1. The news media receive a videotape from whom?
2. The Mutants kidnap the important heir of a wealthy family? What is the heir's name?
3. Who among Gotham City's Police force knows Batman's real identity?
4. The first night of his return, Batman races through the rain the night of the big storm. What does he describe the rain as?
5. Which of the bank robbers was hit by gunfire from another robber?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are the soaring high temperatures symbolic of the violence in Gotham City?
2. When Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne talk over drinks, what is the significance of Bruce Wayne referring to himself in the third person?
3. What is the significance of the storm breaking over Gotham City after weeks of intense heat?
4. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
5. During his initial attack on the Mutants, Batman thinks of Dick Grayson and that they had never faced anything like the Mutants' leader, only humans. Why is the significance of Batman thinking of Dick Grayson at this time?
6. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
7. How does the attempted mugging of Bruce Wayne trigger a flashback to a former violent act?
8. When the bank robbers return to Harvey Dent's apartment, what is the significance of the room being split into dirty and clean, light and dark?
9. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne watching The Mask of Zorro on television?
10. One of the criminals Batman hurt attempts to sue him and asks the Gotham City Police to press charges against him. What is the irony of these actions?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)