|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his return to crime fighting, how does Batman say his body should feel?
(b) In agony.
2. Why doesn't Bruce Wayne drive his car home after leaving the house of an old friend?
(a) He wants to ride a mtorocycle.
(b) He wants some fresh air.
(c) He's drunk.
(d) He doesn't want to be inside anything.
3. What does the criminal who tapped into the television station's antenna want from the viewing public?
(a) 5 million dollars.
(b) A car.
(c) 1 million dollars.
(d) World domination.
4. Where do the Mutants have their meeting?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The fields outside Gotham City.
(c) The dump.
(d) The batcave.
5. What do the Gotham City Police believe will happen when Commissioner Gordon leaves?
(a) The Mutants will increase their criminal activities.
(b) The violence will subside.
(c) The Mutants' threat will subside.
(d) Gotham City will mourn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, what does Carol warn Bruce about?
2. During the newscast in the beginning of the novel, the news anchor mentions it is the tenth anniversary of what?
3. What did one of the bank robbers say that Batman didn't do?
4. According to Batman, how many bank robbers were in the car?
5. Who wants the Joker to make bombs for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author give a lot of detail on Margaret Corcoran only to have the Mutants blow her up at the end of the paneled section?
2. Why does Harvey Dent cover his new face with bandages?
3. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
4. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne watching The Mask of Zorro on television?
5. Why does Batman feel that falling to his death he runs between the two towers on a cable being shot out by Harvey Dent's thug would be a fine death?
6. What is the significance of the storm breaking over Gotham City after weeks of intense heat?
7. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
8. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
9. When Commissioner Gordon is attacked by a member of the Mutants gang, why does thinking of his wife Sarah make it easy for him to fight back?
10. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)