|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The unseasonable weather in Gotham City is responsible for a major rise in what?
(a) Power outages.
(b) Civilian violence.
(c) Record swimming pool sales.
(d) Soda sales.
2. How old is the new Robin?
3. What does Batman find on one of the bank robbers?
(a) A list of banks.
(b) A map.
(c) A scarred dollar coin.
(d) A gun.
4. According to Batman, which of the robbers usually loses it?
(a) The first one.
(b) The last one.
(c) The injured one.
(d) The female one.
5. Which character said, "We must believe our private demons can be defeated..."?
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mutants kidnap the important heir of a wealthy family? What is the heir's name?
2. Who among Gotham City's Police force knows Batman's real identity?
3. According to the news report, who has taken over Gotham's underworld?
4. What weather event does the weatherman compare to the wrath of God?
5. Why doesn't Batman kill the Mutant leader when he has a clear shot of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
2. How does the attempted mugging of Bruce Wayne trigger a flashback to a former violent act?
3. When Batman confronts Harvey Dent, what does he mean when he thinks "...the scars go deep--too deep"?
4. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
5. How does Lana Lang's words, "We live in the shadow of crime, Ted, with the unspoken understanding that we are victims--of fear, of violence, of social impotence..." equate to Batman's beliefs?
6. What is the symbolic significance of the split panels for the illustrations in the scene before Harvey Dent's new face is revealed?
7. How does Batman's nostalgia about Robin serve as foreshadowing for his battle with the Mutants' leader?
8. What is the significance of the storm breaking over Gotham City after weeks of intense heat?
9. How does Batman continue to use fear to cripple the younger criminals he encounters?
10. How is the media's report on Batman's return representative of the theme of duality in the novel?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)