|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After forcing the bank robbers to crash in their car, who does Batman tell, "These men are mine!"?
(a) Commissioner Gordon.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) The Gotham City Police Officers.
2. After Batman's return to crime fighting, who makes the decision to relight the Batman call signal?
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
3. While having a private drink, Commissioner Gordon is happy about whose retirement?
(a) Harvey Dent's.
(b) Bruce Wayne's.
(c) The Joker's.
(d) His own.
4. Who appears on the news to announce that Harvey Dent is ready to be released into society?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Arkham doctors, Wopler and Willing.
(c) Bruce Wayne.
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
5. Who stops a Mutants gang member from hurting a woman and stealing her groceries?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has tapped into the television antenna?
2. Who dresses up as the new Robin?
3. Which character urges the public to give Harvey Dent a chance to prove himself?
4. What does Batman tell Harvey Dent he sees when he looks at him?
5. According to the news reports, who was responsible for abducting the children from their homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his initial attack on the Mutants, Batman thinks of Dick Grayson and that they had never faced anything like the Mutants' leader, only humans. Why is the significance of Batman thinking of Dick Grayson at this time?
2. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking flashback to the bat cave?
3. Why does Harvey Dent cover his new face with bandages?
4. When Commissioner Gordon and Bruce Wayne talk over drinks, what is the significance of Bruce Wayne referring to himself in the third person?
5. How does Batman's age affect his body during the initial nights of his return?
6. How is the media's report on Batman's return representative of the theme of duality in the novel?
7. When the bank robbers return to Harvey Dent's apartment, what is the significance of the room being split into dirty and clean, light and dark?
8. How is the demon metaphor for Batman further promoted during Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking and flashback scene?
9. Why does the author write the words Morrie uses to describe Batman, "...morally bankrupt, politically hazardous, reactionary, paranoid...," on the panel of the Joker smiling and staring gleefully at the television?
10. One of the criminals Batman hurt attempts to sue him and asks the Gotham City Police to press charges against him. What is the irony of these actions?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)