|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Batman makes his way up to the roof to intercept the helicopter's henchmen, what does he think should be easier?
(b) Crime fighting.
(d) Talking to Gordon.
2. After sneaking out, what does the new Robin overhear the Mutants discussing?
(a) A new crime.
(b) A meeting at the dump.
(c) A raid on the local banks.
(d) A plan to kill Batman.
3. Which character urges the public to give Harvey Dent a chance to prove himself?
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
(d) The news anchor.
4. What did one of the bank robbers say that Batman didn't do?
(b) Make sounds.
5. At Arkham, what does Dr. Wopler tell his patient about Commissioner Gordon?
(a) That Gordon coming to visit.
(b) That Gordon is a good policeman.
(c) That Gordon has gone senile.
(d) That Gordon is retiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Batman's battle with the Mutants, who comes out of hiding to save Batman?
2. What does Batman regret when reflecting on the incident with the bank robbers?
3. What does Commissioner Gordon do to his stalker?
4. Who stalks Commissioner Gordon when he walks outside to smoke a cigar?
5. Which character says, "I burn you--burning you, I flare, hot and bright and fierce."?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Batman has the Mutants' leader in his gun scope, why does Batman not blast the Mutants' leader and eliminate the gang altogether?
2. What is the significance of the storm breaking over Gotham City after weeks of intense heat?
3. Why does Batman automatically accept Carrie as Robin as opposed to finding and selecting his own candidate for the position?
4. What is the significance of Bruce Wayne watching The Mask of Zorro on television?
5. Why does Lana state that Batman is the rebirth of the American fighting spirit?
6. How is the demon metaphor for Batman further promoted during Bruce Wayne's sleepwalking and flashback scene?
7. How is Carrie Kelley a perfect Robin for Bruce Wayne's elderly Batman?
8. When Gordon relights the bat signal, what effects does this have on Gotham City?
9. Why does Harvey Dent cover his new face with bandages?
10. When Batman confronts Harvey Dent, what does he mean when he thinks "...the scars go deep--too deep"?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)