|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gotham City Police do to Commissioner Gordon?
(a) They give him a gift for his service.
(b) They honor him with an award.
(c) They force him to retire.
(d) They throw him a party.
2. Who is responsible for the deaths of three nuns?
(b) The Mutants
(d) The Monkees
3. What rhyming phrase do the Mutants use when they are ready to kill?
(a) Cut and rut
(b) Kill and thrill
(c) Dead end head
(d) Slice and dice
4. During Batman's battle with the Mutants, who comes out of hiding to save Batman?
(d) Commissioner Gordon.
5. As Batman makes his way up to the roof to intercept the helicopter's henchmen, what does he think should be easier?
(a) Crime fighting.
(c) Talking to Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the pursuit of the bank robbers, what does Batman say he needs to climb the rope?
2. According to Batman, how long does it take a person to fall from Gotham City's twin towers?
3. What was Harvey Dent's personal symbol as a criminal?
4. What tool does Carrie use to save Batman at the dump?
5. After Batman's return to crime fighting, who makes the decision to relight the Batman call signal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Batman's age affect his body during the initial nights of his return?
2. Why does Batman organize a long line?
3. Why does Commissioner Gordon relieve the jail guard of his duties?
4. In what ways is the protagonist, Bruce Wayne, conflicted at the beginning of "The Dark Knight Returns"?
5. Why is Superman withering away?
6. What is the importance of mentioning the new commissioner search in the same segment as the search for the missing child?
7. What is the importance of Superman's efforts to intercept the nuclear warhead from Russia?
8. Why does Bruce Wayne want to see Oliver?
9. In what way are Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent alike?
10. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)