|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the news account, who did the two abducted children say saved them?
(a) The Joker.
(c) Gotham City Police.
2. What happens to Batman's legs as he crouches on the roof, waiting for the helicopters to arrive?
(a) They cramp up.
(b) They throb.
(c) They are injured.
(d) They are knocked out from beneath him.
3. At the Mutants' meeting, what is Batman driving?
(a) The batmobile.
(b) The batcycle.
(c) A tank.
(d) A horse.
4. Where do the Mutants have their meeting?
(a) The batcave.
(b) The fields outside Gotham City.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The dump.
5. In the pursuit of the bank robbers, what does Batman say he needs to climb the rope?
(a) His strength.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His intellect.
6. Who pays a visit to the Joker at Arkham?
(a) One of the Joker's thugs.
(c) Dr. Wopler.
(d) Harvey Dent.
7. What does Batman regret when reflecting on the incident with the bank robbers?
(a) Going easy on them.
(b) Getting older.
(c) Returning to crime fighting.
(d) Losing Robin.
8. The unseasonable weather in Gotham City is responsible for a major rise in what?
(a) Record swimming pool sales.
(b) Soda sales.
(c) Power outages.
(d) Civilian violence.
9. Who dresses up as the new Robin?
(b) A Mutants gang member.
(c) Dick Grayson.
10. After the battle with the Mutants, who helps Batman as he lay in the bat cave?
(b) Selina Kyle.
11. What do the Gotham City Police do to Commissioner Gordon?
(a) They give him a gift for his service.
(b) They honor him with an award.
(c) They throw him a party.
(d) They force him to retire.
12. Which character said, "We must believe our private demons can be defeated..."?
(b) Bruce Wayne.
(c) Commissioner Gordon.
13. After Batman's return to crime fighting, who makes the decision to relight the Batman call signal?
(b) Commissioner Gordon.
14. When Bruce Wayne walks home from visiting an old friend, what happens to him?
(a) He meets a new friend.
(b) He is the victim of an attempted mugging.
(c) He is tired from his walk.
(d) He is hit by a car.
15. The first night of his return, Batman races through the rain the night of the big storm. What does he describe the rain as?
(a) His tears.
(b) His baptism.
(c) His shower.
(d) His luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bruce Wayne during the opening of the novel?
2. During Batman's battle with the Mutants, who comes out of hiding to save Batman?
3. Who stalks Commissioner Gordon when he walks outside to smoke a cigar?
4. What does Batman find on one of the bank robbers?
5. Who among Gotham City's Police force knows Batman's real identity?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)