|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mutants' leader do at their meeting?
(a) He rallies the group to surrender to Batman.
(b) He speaks about forgiveness.
(c) He rallies the group to commit more crimes.
(d) He rallies the group to battle each other.
2. After defeating most of the Mutants gang, who does Batman fight?
(a) The Gotham City Police.
(b) The Mutants' second string.
(c) The Mutants' lieutenant.
(d) The Mutants' leader.
3. What does Commissioner Gordon do to communicate with Batman?
(a) Calls him.
(b) Sends an email.
(c) Goes to Wayne Manor.
(d) Lights the bat signal.
4. In Book 1, in the back of the cab, what is happening to a woman while the driver looks away?
(a) She is singing.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is crying.
(d) Her pimp is cutting her face.
5. The Mutants kidnap the important heir of a wealthy family? What is the heir's name?
(a) Kevin Ridley.
(c) Carrie Kelley.
6. During Batman's battle with the Mutants, who comes out of hiding to save Batman?
(a) Commissioner Gordon.
7. What happens to Bruce Wayne during the opening of the novel?
(a) His back is thrown out.
(b) He is put in the hospital.
(c) His race car explodes into flames.
(d) He is blinded by fire.
8. At the Mutants' meeting, what does Batman demands of the Mutants?
(a) Turn themselves into the Gotham City Police.
(b) Fight each other.
(d) Join him.
9. What do the Gotham City Police do to Commissioner Gordon?
(a) They honor him with an award.
(b) They force him to retire.
(c) They throw him a party.
(d) They give him a gift for his service.
10. The first night of his return, Batman races through the rain the night of the big storm. What does he describe the rain as?
(a) His luck.
(b) His tears.
(c) His baptism.
(d) His shower.
11. What happens to Batman's legs as he crouches on the roof, waiting for the helicopters to arrive?
(a) They throb.
(b) They are knocked out from beneath him.
(c) They cramp up.
(d) They are injured.
12. Which of the bank robbers was hit by gunfire from another robber?
13. Which character says, "I burn you--burning you, I flare, hot and bright and fierce."?
(a) Commissioner Gordon.
(d) Harvey Dent.
14. According to the news report, who has taken over Gotham's underworld?
(a) The Mutants.
(b) The Joker.
(c) Harvey Dent.
15. Who dresses up as the new Robin?
(a) A Mutants gang member.
(c) Dick Grayson.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the newscast in the beginning of the novel, the news anchor mentions it is the tenth anniversary of what?
2. Who do the bank robbers say killed Batman?
3. Who does Bruce Wayne mistake the Mutants for when walking home?
4. The unseasonable weather in Gotham City is responsible for a major rise in what?
5. What does Batman tell Harvey Dent he sees when he looks at him?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)