Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Camara stay in touch with his friends from home?
2. Why do the boys stay in a special hut after their circumcision?
3. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
4. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
5. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
Essay Topic 1
"The Dark Child" is an autobiographical novel. How do you know this? Prove that the book is this kind of genre with supporting evidence gathered from the novel. What is the author's writing style? How does he relate the stories and the characters to himself? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
In chapter 3, the author introduces two characters of a different nature that are very closely related. Who are these characters? How do they differ? What do they have in common? What is their importance to Camara? What is their involvement in the community? What are their contrasts/comparisons to the previously mentioned characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Camara's transition from childhood to manhood. How does this manifest in the book? How does this transition affect his position in his family? Give supporting evidence from the chapter. How does this transition further the plot? What is the author trying to point out with this episode? How has the character of Camara changed? How does his transition affect his mother?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)