|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) An African look.
(b) A European look.
(c) An American look.
(d) An Asian look.
2. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
(a) White flowers.
(b) Black snakes.
(c) White threads.
(d) Black threads.
3. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
(a) Their sister.
(b) Their sweetheart.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother.
4. What is the quality of the instruction in Camara's school when he returns to it?
5. What is Camara worried about when he returns home after his final exams in Conakry?
(a) His parents' health.
(b) Being away from Marie.
(c) His parents' reaction to his school results.
(d) How his parents will react to his decision to study abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will most boys become in the future?
2. What type of emotion is outwardly manifested during the circumcision ceremony?
3. Where does Camara pedal to with Marie?
4. Who is Konden Diara?
5. What school does Camara attend when he leaves home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the friendship between Camara and his two friends, Kouyate and Check.
2. What does the director of the Technical College ask Camara before he leaves Conakry upon successfully completing his exams, and what is Camara's reaction?
3. When Camara returns to Conakry in October, what does he find out about the Technical College, the school he attended the year before?
4. Describe the character of Marie.
5. Describe the character of Camara's mother.
6. How do Camara and Marie spend time together as teenagers?
7. What happens at the airport and on the plane to France?
8. What happens towards the middle of the night when the initial procession around town finishes?
9. What happens in the special hut where the young men are gathered before the actual circumcision takes place?
10. Following their encounter with Konden Diara, the young boys face the real test of circumcision. How does the ceremony in Kouroussa proceed?
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)