|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Camara attend when he leaves home?
(a) The Mechanical School.
(b) The Technical School.
(c) The School of Technology.
(d) The Technician's School.
2. What do the older boys and men do after the procession?
(a) They go home.
(b) They sing.
(c) They stay out for the night.
(d) They drink and eat.
3. What kind of landscape does Camara see that he has never seen before while on the train to Conakry?
4. Who brings Camara to the train station before he leaves Kouroussa?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
(a) His uncle's name.
(b) His name.
(c) Marie's name.
(d) His friend's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Camara leave home?
2. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
3. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
4. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
5. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Camara's third year of school, he takes his proficiency examinations. Describe what happens.
2. Following their encounter with Konden Diara, the young boys face the real test of circumcision. How does the ceremony in Kouroussa proceed?
3. What does the director of the Technical College ask Camara before he leaves Conakry upon successfully completing his exams, and what is Camara's reaction?
4. What happens towards the middle of the night when the initial procession around town finishes?
5. What does Camara receive from his parents before he leaves home for Conakry?
6. Describe the character of Marie.
7. Describe the character of Mamadou.
8. How do the boys spend the rest of the night of their rite of passage after the roaring ceases, and how does it end?
9. What happens during the first year Camara is supposed to attend school in Conakry?
10. Who or what is Konden Diara? What does Camara's father tell him to do?
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)