|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Helping Marie with her homework.
(b) Talking to Marie.
(c) Bicycling with Marie.
(d) Dancing with Marie.
2. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What type of emotion is outwardly manifested during the circumcision ceremony?
4. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Camara's hut.
(b) At Camara's mother's hut.
(c) At Check's mother's hut.
(d) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
5. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They stay out all night.
(b) They go home.
(c) They watch the boys.
(d) They cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Camara gets on the train, he thinks about a certain person. Who does he think about?
2. Camara's mother gives him a bottle of liquid good for what?
3. What has happened to Camara's school when he returns to it?
4. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
5. When does the ritual procession around town finish?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)