|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How beautiful does Camara think Marie is?
(a) As beautiful as his sister.
(b) As beautiful as a fairy.
(c) As beautiful as his mother.
(d) As beautiful as a goddess.
2. What is Camara's mother doing when she is approached about changing her mind about Camara studying abroad?
(a) She's preparing a dessert.
(b) She's preparing lunch.
(c) She's preparing the evening meal.
(d) She's preparing breakfast.
3. What does Camara notice each time he returns home for vacation?
(a) That his mother is happier.
(b) That his mother has made improvements to his hut.
(c) That his mother is more sad.
(d) That his mother has made improvements to her hut.
4. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
(a) Camara's parents.
(c) Mamadou and Marie.
5. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Camara's father give Camara a gift when he leaves home?
2. Who is Konden Diara?
3. How long do Camara and Kouyate stay at Check's bedside before he dies?
4. What does Camara's mother do when he tells her about his plans to study abroad?
5. How does Check feel about summer he and Kouyate are having while waiting for teaching jobs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Camara and his father go to talk to Camara's mother again, hoping to convince her to let Camara finish his studies in Paris?
2. What does the director of the Technical College ask Camara before he leaves Conakry upon successfully completing his exams, and what is Camara's reaction?
3. How do the boys spend the rest of the night of their rite of passage after the roaring ceases, and how does it end?
4. What happens at the airport and on the plane to France?
5. Who or what is Konden Diara? What does Camara's father tell him to do?
6. Camara does not like one of the behaviors his mother exhibits when he gets back home for vacation? Which behavior?
7. What happens towards the middle of the night when the initial procession around town finishes?
8. At the end of Camara's third year of school, he takes his proficiency examinations. Describe what happens.
9. Describe the character of Mamadou.
10. What does Camara receive from his parents before he leaves home for Conakry?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)