|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A tom-tom.
(b) A he-goat's horn.
(c) A harp.
(d) A he-sheep's horn.
2. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They cook.
(b) They go home.
(c) They stay out all night.
(d) They watch the boys.
3. When does the ritual procession around town finish?
(a) In early morning.
(b) Toward the middle of the night.
(c) At noon.
(d) Late evening.
4. Who is Konden Diara?
(a) A good spirit.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) A lion that eats little boys.
(d) A snake that eats little boys.
5. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gathers the boys to take them away for their teenage ritual?
2. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
3. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
4. Why does Camara still have one year of school until graduation when his friends have already finished?
5. Who brings Camara to the train station before he leaves Kouroussa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the director of the Technical College ask Camara before he leaves Conakry upon successfully completing his exams, and what is Camara's reaction?
2. How do the boys spend the rest of the night of their rite of passage after the roaring ceases, and how does it end?
3. What do the guests of the circumcision ceremony do to the teenage boys and how is this manifested to Camara? What is his reaction?
4. What happens when Camara and his father go to talk to Camara's mother again, hoping to convince her to let Camara finish his studies in Paris?
5. What happens in the special hut where the young men are gathered before the actual circumcision takes place?
6. How do Camara and Marie spend time together as teenagers?
7. How do Camara's parents initially react to his news about going to Paris?
8. When Camara returns to Conakry in October, what does he find out about the Technical College, the school he attended the year before?
9. Describe the character of Mamadou.
10. What happens towards the middle of the night when the initial procession around town finishes?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)