|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
2. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
3. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They go home.
(b) They cook.
(c) They watch the boys.
(d) They stay out all night.
4. What does Camara notice each time he returns home for vacation?
(a) That his mother is more sad.
(b) That his mother is happier.
(c) That his mother has made improvements to his hut.
(d) That his mother has made improvements to her hut.
5. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
2. What does Camara's mother do when he tells her about his plans to study abroad?
3. Who asks Camara if he would like to go abroad to finish his studies?
4. Why does Camara still have one year of school until graduation when his friends have already finished?
5. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the director of the Technical College ask Camara before he leaves Conakry upon successfully completing his exams, and what is Camara's reaction?
2. Describe the character of Camara's mother.
3. Who or what is Konden Diara? What does Camara's father tell him to do?
4. What happens in the special hut where the young men are gathered, after the actual circumcision takes place?
5. Describe the character of Marie.
6. When Camara returns to Conakry in October, what does he find out about the Technical College, the school he attended the year before?
7. How has Camara's hut in Kouroussa changed when he comes home for vacation?
8. How do the boys spend the rest of the night of their rite of passage after the roaring ceases, and how does it end?
9. How do Camara and Marie spend time together as teenagers?
10. Describe the character of Mamadou.
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)