|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Camara stay in touch with his friends from home?
(a) With emails.
(b) With letters.
(c) Through voice messages.
(d) By phone.
2. Why do the boys stay in a special hut after their circumcision?
(a) To feel sad together.
(b) To eat together.
(c) To recover as a group.
(d) To sing together.
3. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
(a) White threads.
(b) White flowers.
(c) Black threads.
(d) Black snakes.
4. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) An Asian look.
(b) An African look.
(c) An American look.
(d) A European look.
5. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
(a) Onto the railroad.
(b) Onto the river.
(c) Into the brush.
(d) Into a big hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camara feel about the transition from childhood to manhood?
2. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
3. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
4. When does the tom-tom begin to beat for the rite of passage?
5. What does the director in Conakry give Camara before he leaves the country?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)