|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Konden Diara will do to Camara according to his father?
(a) Roar at him.
(b) Sing to him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Eat him.
2. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
3. How does Camara feel about the transition from childhood to manhood?
4. Camara's mother gives him a bottle of liquid good for what?
(a) The chest.
(b) The feet.
(c) The face.
(d) The brain.
5. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Talking to Marie.
(b) Dancing with Marie.
(c) Helping Marie with her homework.
(d) Bicycling with Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
2. How long do Camara, Kouyate, and Check sometimes disappear together during holidays?
3. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
4. When do the young boys face the real test of circumcision?
5. How does Camara's mother light up his bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Camara receive from his parents before he leaves home for Conakry?
2. What happens towards the middle of the night when the initial procession around town finishes?
3. Describe the character of Mamadou.
4. What happens when Camara and his father go to talk to Camara's mother again, hoping to convince her to let Camara finish his studies in Paris?
5. Describe the character of Marie.
6. How has Camara's hut in Kouroussa changed when he comes home for vacation?
7. Describe the friendship between Camara and his two friends, Kouyate and Check.
8. When Camara returns to Conakry in October, what does he find out about the Technical College, the school he attended the year before?
9. Following their encounter with Konden Diara, the young boys face the real test of circumcision. How does the ceremony in Kouroussa proceed?
10. How do the boys spend the rest of the night of their rite of passage after the roaring ceases, and how does it end?
This section contains 1,446 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)