|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the young women he associates with.
(b) About some of the farmers he associates with.
(c) About some of the young men he associates with.
(d) About some of the children he associates with.
2. Why does Camara return to Kouroussa after completing his final exams?
(a) To be with his friends.
(b) To celebrate his school success.
(c) To eat and drink.
(d) To worry about his mother.
3. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
(a) Marie's name.
(b) His name.
(c) His friend's name.
(d) His uncle's name.
4. Before Camara gets on the train, he thinks about a certain person. Who does he think about?
5. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camara feel about his mother's behavior each time he comes back home to find she has made improvements?
2. Who is Mamadou?
3. Who encourages Camara and Marie to be more intimate?
4. What is the quality of the instruction in Camara's school when he returns to it?
5. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Camara does not like one of the behaviors his mother exhibits when he gets back home for vacation? Which behavior?
2. What does Camara receive from his parents before he leaves home for Conakry?
3. What happens towards the middle of the night when the initial procession around town finishes?
4. Describe the character of Mamadou.
5. What happens when Camara and his father go to talk to Camara's mother again, hoping to convince her to let Camara finish his studies in Paris?
6. What happens in the special hut where the young men are gathered before the actual circumcision takes place?
7. How do Camara's parents initially react to his news about going to Paris?
8. When Camara returns to Conakry in October, what does he find out about the Technical College, the school he attended the year before?
9. Describe the character of Marie.
10. How do Camara and Marie spend time together as teenagers?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)