|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their sweetheart.
(d) Their sister.
2. How does Camara feel about his mother's behavior each time he comes back home to find she has made improvements?
(a) It makes him proud.
(b) It troubles him.
(c) It annoys him.
(d) It touches him.
3. What does Camara's father's second wife hold up as a symbol for Camara during the circumcision ceremony?
(b) An exercise book and sharpies.
(c) An exercise book and fountain pens.
(d) A school uniform.
4. When does Camara's rite of passage start?
(a) One evening when he's nine years old.
(b) One evening before the feast of Ramadan.
(c) One evening after the feast of Ramadan.
(d) During the feast of Ramadan.
5. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
(a) To see if Camara is in bed alone.
(b) To eat something.
(c) To talk to Camara.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's mother do when he tells her about his plans to study abroad?
2. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
3. How long do Camara, Kouyate, and Check sometimes disappear together during holidays?
4. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
5. The boys receive a handkerchief made of what for their circumcision ritual?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)