|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
2. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
(a) In a thought.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In a story.
(d) In the yard.
3. Where do the people of Camara's village occasionally find gold?
(a) In the clay.
(b) In the mud.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In the sand.
4. What announces that the harvest has begun?
(a) The sound of a flute.
(b) The tom-tom.
(c) The tam-tam.
(d) The sound of a harp.
5. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a preparatory ritual for gold work undertaken by Camara's father?
2. What color is Camara's school uniform?
3. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
4. What is the name of the river that flows nearby Camara's village?
5. What is the job Camara's father practices?
Short Essay Questions
1. One day, Camara finds a little black snake with a strikingly marked body. What is special about this snake?
2. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
3. Describe Camara's school clothes when he is a child. How does Camara feel about these clothes while in Tindican?
4. Describe the douga. What is its association to Camara's father's gold work?
5. What do the reapers do while they work on the fields, and how is their relationship?
6. What is the result of years of abuse for the school children?
7. Camara remembers seeing a snake for the first time and being fascinated with its glittering eyes. What does he do to the snake, and what happens next?
8. How does Camara help out in the rice fields during the harvest?
9. Describe the behavior of Camara's school teacher in the French school he attended as a child.
10. When does young Camara find his friends in Tindican, and what do they do?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)