|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A reed.
2. Camara's mother's presence maintains what during meal times?
(d) Order and tradition.
3. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
4. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
5. What does Camara believe about his mother?
(a) That she has special powers.
(b) That she doesn't have special powers.
(c) That she has special flowers.
(d) That she is very special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara know about the harvest tradition?
2. Who does Camara share his bed with?
3. Why do women who want a golden trinket hire a praise-singer to have the trinket made well and on time?
4. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
5. Who do the older children take their frustration out on?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Camara returns to Conakry in October, what does he find out about the Technical College, the school he attended the year before?
2. How do Camara's mother's special powers manifest themselves as physical protection?
3. What does Camara receive from his parents before he leaves home for Conakry?
4. How do the boys spend the rest of the night of their rite of passage after the roaring ceases, and how does it end?
5. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
6. When Camara arrives in Tindican as a child, how does his grandmother react?
7. How does Camara help out in the rice fields during the harvest?
8. While he was growing up, what were the rules during meals in Camara's parents' household?
9. How did Camara's father know about this specific task of gold work, and how did he prepare himself to execute the work?
10. What does the second half of the reapers' days look like?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)