|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
2. What do the reapers use to do their work?
3. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
4. What does Camara's grandmother tell him every time she sees him?
(a) That he's too shy.
(b) That he's too skinny.
(c) That he's too unhealthy.
(d) That he's too fat.
5. What does the animal do after Camara's mother gets it back on its feet?
(a) He follows his master away.
(b) He runs off.
(c) He follows Camara away.
(d) He stays with Camara's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river that flows nearby Camara's village?
2. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
3. What is the name of one particular apprentice Camara remembers?
4. Where does Camara's grandmother store milk?
5. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Camara arrives in Tindican as a child, how does his grandmother react?
2. Camara Laye's earliest memories revolve around his father's forge. What is the forge? What happens there? What does Camara do there?
3. What does the second half of the reapers' days look like?
4. One day, a woman comes to Camara's father's shop with gold. She wants the gold made into a trinket. What is special about having a trinket made?
5. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated, and how does Camara feel about this?
6. Where are Camara's parents' huts located, and what are the consequences of living in that location?
7. According to Camara, what do many people think about country people, and what is Camara's opinion about them?
8. Describe the initial relationship between Camara and Fanta?
9. One day, Camara finds a little black snake with a strikingly marked body. What is special about this snake?
10. What happens in Tindican during the rice season in December?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)