|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Camara's father send his children to school?
(a) To be treated like slaves.
(b) To sing.
(c) To play.
(d) To learn.
2. What does legend say about twin brothers?
(a) That they are practically magicians.
(b) That they are practically strong.
(c) That they are practically dumb.
(d) That they are practically doctors.
3. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
(a) With his friend.
(b) With his brother.
(c) With his nephew.
(d) With his sister.
4. What do the reapers use to do their work?
5. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
(b) When the students are late.
(c) When the students interrupt.
(d) When the students don't listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does rice season occur in Tindican?
2. What does young Camara enjoy doing from the corner of the workshop?
3. Who does Camara share his bed with?
4. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
5. What do many people think of country folk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Camara's school clothes when he is a child. How does Camara feel about these clothes while in Tindican?
2. Describe the initial relationship between Camara and Fanta?
3. When does young Camara find his friends in Tindican, and what do they do?
4. What do you know about Tindican? Where is it located, and how does Camara get there? What is special about the trip?
5. One day, a woman comes to Camara's father's shop with gold. She wants the gold made into a trinket. What is special about having a trinket made?
6. How did Camara's father know about this specific task of gold work, and how did he prepare himself to execute the work?
7. What do the reapers do while they work on the fields, and how is their relationship?
8. What happens when Camara's friend Kouyate Karmoko says that he's had enough after a particularly cruel beating?
9. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself, never leaving it to the apprentices or other workers?
10. Where are Camara's parents' huts located, and what are the consequences of living in that location?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)