|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Camara do in his father's forge?
(a) He plays music.
(b) He makes a nuisance of himself.
(c) He listens to the sounds.
(d) He helps his father.
2. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
3. Why is the snake which Camara finds special?
(a) Because it is the guiding spirit of his father.
(b) Because it is the guiding spirit of the house.
(c) Because it is the guiding spirit of his mother.
(d) Because it is the guiding spirit of his uncle.
4. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
(a) In their father's hut.
(b) In their uncle's hut.
(c) In their mother's mother's hut.
(d) In their father's mother's hut.
5. What does legend say about twin brothers?
(a) That they are practically dumb.
(b) That they are practically doctors.
(c) That they are practically strong.
(d) That they are practically magicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the reapers use to do their work?
2. What do the reapers do while they work?
3. Where does Camara stay while in Tindican?
4. What does Camara's school teacher do?
5. How does the farmer's life seem to Camara?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Camara's school clothes when he is a child. How does Camara feel about these clothes while in Tindican?
2. Why does Camara's father tell Camara the story about the special snake? What else does he suggest to Camara about the snake?
3. What happens when Camara's friend Kouyate Karmoko says that he's had enough after a particularly cruel beating?
4. When Camara is a child, what are the sleeping arrangements for his family in Kouroussa?
5. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself, never leaving it to the apprentices or other workers?
6. Describe the behavior of Camara's school teacher in the French school he attended as a child.
7. When does young Camara find his friends in Tindican, and what do they do?
8. Where are Camara's parents' huts located, and what are the consequences of living in that location?
9. What do you know about Tindican? Where is it located, and how does Camara get there? What is special about the trip?
10. What does the second half of the reapers' days look like?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)