|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
(a) She trembles.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She sighs.
(d) She sits down.
2. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
3. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
(a) In a thought.
(b) In a story.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In a dream.
4. What does Camara love to do when Lansana's twin shows up in Tindican?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Listen to his stories.
(c) Eat with him.
(d) Walk with him.
5. Why does Camara's father send his children to school?
(a) To sing.
(b) To be treated like slaves.
(c) To learn.
(d) To play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announces that the harvest has begun?
2. Who is the douga reserved for?
3. Who do the children occasionally complain to when being taken advantage of?
4. What does Camara's grandmother do with him when she takes him around her village?
5. What is the name of the river that flows nearby Camara's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. One day, Camara finds a little black snake with a strikingly marked body. What is special about this snake?
2. How does Camara help out in the rice fields during the harvest?
3. What is Camara thinking while he is in the rice fields with all the reapers?
4. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated, and how does Camara feel about this?
5. How is the special black snake involved with Camara's father's gold work?
6. Camara remembers seeing a snake for the first time and being fascinated with its glittering eyes. What does he do to the snake, and what happens next?
7. When Camara arrives in Tindican as a child, how does his grandmother react?
8. How did Camara's father know about this specific task of gold work, and how did he prepare himself to execute the work?
9. Describe the initial relationship between Camara and Fanta?
10. What does the praise-singer who acts as a middle man between the woman with the gold and Camara's father do in the workshop?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)