|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
(a) In a thought.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In a story.
2. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
(a) A carrot cake.
(b) A wheat cake.
(c) Chocolate cookies.
(d) A chocolate cake.
3. Who makes fun of Camara because he's feeling awkward around Fanta?
(a) Fanta's brother.
(b) Fanta's sister.
(c) Camara's brother.
(d) Camara's sister.
4. Camara tells who about what has been happening at school?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) The apprentices.
(d) His father.
5. Who is the praise-singer talking about in chapter 2?
(a) About people Camara has sometimes heard about.
(b) About people Camara likes.
(c) About people Camara has never heard about.
(d) About people Camara has heard all about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
2. What is the job Camara's father practices?
3. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican when Camara does it with his youngest uncle?
4. What announces that the harvest has begun?
5. What do many people think of country folk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the special black snake involved with Camara's father's gold work?
2. Describe Camara's school clothes when he is a child. How does Camara feel about these clothes while in Tindican?
3. How does Camara help out in the rice fields during the harvest?
4. After the snake encounter, Camara finds it amusing to yell to his mother, "There's a snake!" How does his mother react when he yells like this?
5. Where are Camara's parents' huts located, and what are the consequences of living in that location?
6. Describe the douga. What is its association to Camara's father's gold work?
7. What does the second half of the reapers' days look like?
8. Who is Sidafa, and what do you know about him?
9. What is the result of years of abuse for the school children?
10. When Camara is a child, what are the sleeping arrangements for his family in Kouroussa?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)