|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job Camara's father practices?
2. Why does Camara not pull Fanta's hair anymore after their conversation?
(a) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(b) Because he feels foolish about pulling her hair.
(c) Because he is afraid of her.
(d) Because he starts pulling somebody else's hair.
3. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's restless.
(b) He's loud.
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He loves to sit still.
4. Who makes fun of Camara because he's feeling awkward around Fanta?
(a) Fanta's brother.
(b) Camara's sister.
(c) Fanta's sister.
(d) Camara's brother.
5. The students' parents have been unaware of the atmosphere surrounding Camara's school. What type of atmosphere has it been?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first school Camara attends?
2. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
3. Who cuts the first swath of rice from the field on the day of the harvest?
4. What kind of a man is Lansana?
5. What does Camara's father do when he hears the douga?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Camara's school clothes when he is a child. How does Camara feel about these clothes while in Tindican?
2. When Camara arrives in Tindican as a child, how does his grandmother react?
3. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated, and how does Camara feel about this?
4. Describe the behavior of Camara's school teacher in the French school he attended as a child.
5. Describe the character of Lansana.
6. What do the reapers do while they work on the fields, and how is their relationship?
7. When does young Camara find his friends in Tindican, and what do they do?
8. Camara remembers seeing a snake for the first time and being fascinated with its glittering eyes. What does he do to the snake, and what happens next?
9. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself, never leaving it to the apprentices or other workers?
10. After the snake encounter, Camara finds it amusing to yell to his mother, "There's a snake!" How does his mother react when he yells like this?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)