|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's father's second wife hold up as a symbol for Camara during the circumcision ceremony?
(b) An exercise book and sharpies.
(c) An exercise book and fountain pens.
(d) A school uniform.
2. What does Camara notice each time he returns home for vacation?
(a) That his mother is more sad.
(b) That his mother has made improvements to his hut.
(c) That his mother is happier.
(d) That his mother has made improvements to her hut.
3. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
4. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the young men he associates with.
(b) About some of the children he associates with.
(c) About some of the farmers he associates with.
(d) About some of the young women he associates with.
5. Why does Camara's father give Camara a gift when he leaves home?
(a) To call on the good spirits.
(b) To protect him against evil spirits.
(c) So he can play music.
(d) To wish him happiness.
6. Why does Camara get hospitalized during his first year in Conakry?
(a) Because of a car accident.
(b) Because of a disease.
(c) Because of a seizure.
(d) Because of an infection.
7. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Check's mother's hut.
(b) At Camara's mother's hut.
(c) At Camara's hut.
(d) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
8. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
9. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) An African look.
(b) An American look.
(c) A European look.
(d) An Asian look.
10. Who is Konden Diara?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A good spirit.
(c) A lion that eats little boys.
(d) A snake that eats little boys.
11. Camara's mother gives him a bottle of liquid good for what?
(a) The feet.
(b) The chest.
(c) The face.
(d) The brain.
12. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A he-sheep's horn.
(b) A he-goat's horn.
(c) A harp.
(d) A tom-tom.
13. What kind of landscape does Camara see that he has never seen before while on the train to Conakry?
14. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
15. When does the tom-tom begin to beat for the rite of passage?
(a) As soon as the sun rises.
(b) As soon as the sun sets.
(c) As soon as everybody is awake.
(d) At noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
2. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
3. What do the older boys and men do after the procession?
4. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
5. The boys receive a handkerchief made of what for their circumcision ritual?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)