|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
(b) Mamadou and Marie.
(c) Camara's parents.
2. When does the ritual procession around town finish?
(a) Toward the middle of the night.
(b) Late evening.
(c) In early morning.
(d) At noon.
3. What does the director in Conakry give Camara before he leaves the country?
(a) A map of the city he's going to.
(b) A map of the country he's going to.
(c) A map of the metro.
(d) A map of the airport.
4. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
5. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the young men he associates with.
(b) About some of the young women he associates with.
(c) About some of the children he associates with.
(d) About some of the farmers he associates with.
6. Why does Camara return to Kouroussa after completing his final exams?
(a) To celebrate his school success.
(b) To eat and drink.
(c) To be with his friends.
(d) To worry about his mother.
7. What kind of landscape does Camara see that he has never seen before while on the train to Conakry?
8. How beautiful does Camara think Marie is?
(a) As beautiful as his sister.
(b) As beautiful as a goddess.
(c) As beautiful as his mother.
(d) As beautiful as a fairy.
9. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Helping Marie with her homework.
(b) Talking to Marie.
(c) Dancing with Marie.
(d) Bicycling with Marie.
10. The boys receive a handkerchief made of what for their circumcision ritual?
11. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) A European look.
(b) An African look.
(c) An American look.
(d) An Asian look.
12. Camara's mother gives him a bottle of liquid good for what?
(a) The feet.
(b) The face.
(c) The chest.
(d) The brain.
13. How does Camara's father react when he tells him about his plans to study abroad?
(a) He is supportive.
(b) He starts screaming.
(c) He is opposed to the idea.
(d) He starts crying.
14. Who is Konden Diara?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A lion that eats little boys.
(c) A good spirit.
(d) A snake that eats little boys.
15. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys stay in a special hut after their circumcision?
2. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
3. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
4. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
5. What is Camara worried about when he returns home after his final exams in Conakry?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)