|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
(a) Their sweetheart.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their sister.
2. The dancing goes on how long after the circumcision ceremony and before the boys are taken to a special hut where they will stay?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
3. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
4. How long do Camara, Kouyate, and Check sometimes disappear together during holidays?
(a) Entire evenings.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Entire afternoons.
(d) Entire days.
5. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two months.
6. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A harp.
(b) A he-sheep's horn.
(c) A tom-tom.
(d) A he-goat's horn.
7. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
8. Who is Mamadou?
(a) Camara's nephew.
(b) Camara's brother.
(c) Camara's cousin.
(d) Camara's uncle.
9. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Check's mother's hut.
(b) At Camara's hut.
(c) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
(d) At Camara's mother's hut.
10. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the young men he associates with.
(b) About some of the young women he associates with.
(c) About some of the children he associates with.
(d) About some of the farmers he associates with.
11. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They cook.
(b) They go home.
(c) They watch the boys.
(d) They stay out all night.
12. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Helping Marie with her homework.
(b) Bicycling with Marie.
(c) Dancing with Marie.
(d) Talking to Marie.
13. Why does Camara get hospitalized during his first year in Conakry?
(a) Because of a car accident.
(b) Because of an infection.
(c) Because of a disease.
(d) Because of a seizure.
14. How long do Camara and Kouyate stay at Check's bedside before he dies?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten days.
15. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Camara planning to study abroad?
2. How does Camara's mother light up his bed?
3. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
4. When does Marie spend time at Mamadou's house?
5. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)