|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the young boys face the real test of circumcision?
(a) In their second to last year of school.
(b) In their final year of school.
(c) When they enter high school.
(d) When they finish school.
2. What is the only thing Konden Diara will do to Camara according to his father?
(a) Sing to him.
(b) Roar at him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Eat him.
3. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Bicycling with Marie.
(b) Talking to Marie.
(c) Helping Marie with her homework.
(d) Dancing with Marie.
4. How long is Camara planning to study abroad?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. Before Camara gets on the train, he thinks about a certain person. Who does he think about?
6. Why does Camara still have one year of school until graduation when his friends have already finished?
(a) Because he lost a year of school.
(b) Because he has wasted a year doing nothing.
(c) Because he is not intelligent.
(d) Because he is lazy.
7. The boys receive a handkerchief made of what for their circumcision ritual?
8. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
9. What has happened to Camara's school when he returns to it?
(a) It has been destroyed by a flood.
(b) It has been burnt down.
(c) It has been reorganized.
(d) It has become even less interesting.
10. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
(a) To talk to Camara.
(b) To eat something.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) To see if Camara is in bed alone.
11. What does Camara do when he sits at the bonfire on the night of the ritual?
(a) He jumps over the fire.
(b) He trembles.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He sings.
12. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
(a) Several praise-singers.
(b) Several tom-tom players.
(c) Several friends.
(d) Several family members.
13. Who is Konden Diara?
(a) A lion that eats little boys.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) A good spirit.
(d) A snake that eats little boys.
14. Who is Mamadou?
(a) Camara's uncle.
(b) Camara's cousin.
(c) Camara's brother.
(d) Camara's nephew.
15. Who is Marie?
(a) A student at the girl's middle school.
(b) A former student at the girls' high school.
(c) A student at Camara's school.
(d) A student at the girls' high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Camara pedal to with Marie?
2. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
3. What is Camara worried about when he returns home after his final exams in Conakry?
4. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
5. What does Camara's mother do right before he leaves home?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)