|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two months.
2. Why does Camara get hospitalized during his first year in Conakry?
(a) Because of a car accident.
(b) Because of an infection.
(c) Because of a seizure.
(d) Because of a disease.
3. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
4. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
(a) His uncle's name.
(b) His name.
(c) Marie's name.
(d) His friend's name.
5. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
(a) A boubou.
(b) A burbon.
(c) A tom-tom.
(d) A wouwou.
6. Who talks to Camara's mother about his desire to study abroad in hopes of convincing her that it is a good idea?
(a) Camara's uncle.
(c) Camara's father.
(d) Camara and his father.
7. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
(a) To see if Camara is in bed alone.
(b) To eat something.
(c) To talk to Camara.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
8. Why does Camara return to Kouroussa after completing his final exams?
(a) To worry about his mother.
(b) To celebrate his school success.
(c) To be with his friends.
(d) To eat and drink.
9. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They stay out all night.
(b) They go home.
(c) They watch the boys.
(d) They cook.
10. Camara's mother gives him a bottle of liquid good for what?
(a) The face.
(b) The feet.
(c) The brain.
(d) The chest.
11. What type of emotion is outwardly manifested during the circumcision ceremony?
12. What is Camara worried about when he returns home after his final exams in Conakry?
(a) Being away from Marie.
(b) His parents' reaction to his school results.
(c) How his parents will react to his decision to study abroad.
(d) His parents' health.
13. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
(b) Mamadou and Marie.
(c) Camara's parents.
14. Who is Mamadou?
(a) Camara's uncle.
(b) Camara's nephew.
(c) Camara's cousin.
(d) Camara's brother.
15. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) An African look.
(b) An American look.
(c) An Asian look.
(d) A European look.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Camara's mother find it difficult to understand why he wants more schooling?
2. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
3. What is Camara's mother doing when she is approached about changing her mind about Camara studying abroad?
4. Why does Camara's father give Camara a gift when he leaves home?
5. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)