Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Camara stay in touch with his friends from home?
(a) With emails.
(b) With letters.
(c) Through voice messages.
(d) By phone.
2. Why do the boys stay in a special hut after their circumcision?
(a) To feel sad together.
(b) To eat together.
(c) To recover as a group.
(d) To sing together.
3. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
(a) White threads.
(b) White flowers.
(c) Black threads.
(d) Black snakes.
4. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) An Asian look.
(b) An African look.
(c) An American look.
(d) A European look.
5. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
(a) Onto the railroad.
(b) Onto the river.
(c) Into the brush.
(d) Into a big hut.
6. How does Camara feel about the transition from childhood to manhood?
7. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
8. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A he-sheep's horn.
(b) A tom-tom.
(c) A he-goat's horn.
(d) A harp.
9. When does the tom-tom begin to beat for the rite of passage?
(a) At noon.
(b) As soon as everybody is awake.
(c) As soon as the sun sets.
(d) As soon as the sun rises.
10. What does the director in Conakry give Camara before he leaves the country?
(a) A map of the city he's going to.
(b) A map of the country he's going to.
(c) A map of the airport.
(d) A map of the metro.
11. How long is Camara planning to study abroad?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
12. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
13. When does the ritual procession around town finish?
(a) Late evening.
(b) In early morning.
(c) At noon.
(d) Toward the middle of the night.
14. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the children he associates with.
(b) About some of the young women he associates with.
(c) About some of the young men he associates with.
(d) About some of the farmers he associates with.
15. What has happened to Camara's school when he returns to it?
(a) It has become even less interesting.
(b) It has been destroyed by a flood.
(c) It has been burnt down.
(d) It has been reorganized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the older boys and men do after the procession?
2. What does Camara do when he sits at the bonfire on the night of the ritual?
3. What is the quality of the instruction in Camara's school when he returns to it?
4. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
5. Who is Mamadou?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)