|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They cook.
(b) They watch the boys.
(c) They go home.
(d) They stay out all night.
2. What does the director in Conakry give Camara before he leaves the country?
(a) A map of the airport.
(b) A map of the city he's going to.
(c) A map of the country he's going to.
(d) A map of the metro.
3. Why do the boys stay in a special hut after their circumcision?
(a) To sing together.
(b) To recover as a group.
(c) To eat together.
(d) To feel sad together.
4. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
(a) To eat something.
(b) To see if Camara is in bed alone.
(c) To talk to Camara.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
5. Who is Marie?
(a) A student at the girl's middle school.
(b) A student at Camara's school.
(c) A former student at the girls' high school.
(d) A student at the girls' high school.
6. How does Camara feel about Konden Diara?
7. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
8. What kind of landscape does Camara see that he has never seen before while on the train to Conakry?
9. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) A European look.
(b) An American look.
(c) An Asian look.
(d) An African look.
10. Why does Camara return to Kouroussa after completing his final exams?
(a) To be with his friends.
(b) To worry about his mother.
(c) To eat and drink.
(d) To celebrate his school success.
11. Why does Camara still have one year of school until graduation when his friends have already finished?
(a) Because he has wasted a year doing nothing.
(b) Because he is lazy.
(c) Because he is not intelligent.
(d) Because he lost a year of school.
12. Camara's mother gives him a bottle of liquid good for what?
(a) The feet.
(b) The brain.
(c) The face.
(d) The chest.
13. What is the only thing Konden Diara will do to Camara according to his father?
(a) Eat him.
(b) Roar at him.
(c) Laugh at him.
(d) Sing to him.
14. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
(a) Black threads.
(b) White flowers.
(c) White threads.
(d) Black snakes.
15. When does Camara's rite of passage start?
(a) One evening when he's nine years old.
(b) One evening before the feast of Ramadan.
(c) During the feast of Ramadan.
(d) One evening after the feast of Ramadan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dancing goes on how long after the circumcision ceremony and before the boys are taken to a special hut where they will stay?
2. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
3. What does Camara's mother do right before he leaves home?
4. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
5. Why does Camara get hospitalized during his first year in Conakry?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)