|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
2. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A he-sheep's horn.
(b) A he-goat's horn.
(c) A harp.
(d) A tom-tom.
3. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Two months.
(d) A week.
4. When does Camara's rite of passage start?
(a) During the feast of Ramadan.
(b) One evening after the feast of Ramadan.
(c) One evening when he's nine years old.
(d) One evening before the feast of Ramadan.
5. Who encourages Camara and Marie to be more intimate?
(a) Camara's aunts.
(b) Marie's mother.
(c) Marie's aunts.
(d) Camara's uncle.
6. What does Camara notice each time he returns home for vacation?
(a) That his mother is happier.
(b) That his mother has made improvements to his hut.
(c) That his mother is more sad.
(d) That his mother has made improvements to her hut.
7. Who asks Camara if he would like to go abroad to finish his studies?
(a) Camara's favorite teacher.
(b) Camara's uncle.
(c) The director of Camara's school.
8. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
(a) Onto the river.
(b) Into a big hut.
(c) Onto the railroad.
(d) Into the brush.
9. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
10. What does Camara's mother do when he tells her about his plans to study abroad?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She starts screaming.
(c) She tells him he's allowed to go.
(d) She tells him he's not going.
11. How long is Camara planning to study abroad?
(a) A month.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
12. Who is Mamadou?
(a) Camara's cousin.
(b) Camara's nephew.
(c) Camara's uncle.
(d) Camara's brother.
13. What does the director in Conakry give Camara before he leaves the country?
(a) A map of the metro.
(b) A map of the country he's going to.
(c) A map of the airport.
(d) A map of the city he's going to.
14. How does Camara feel about Konden Diara?
15. When does Camara leave home?
(a) When he's fourteen.
(b) When he's sixteen.
(c) When he's twelve.
(d) When he's fifteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camara's father react when he tells him about his plans to study abroad?
2. Why does Camara get hospitalized during his first year in Conakry?
3. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
4. What is the quality of the instruction in Camara's school when he returns to it?
5. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)