|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the children he associates with.
(b) About some of the farmers he associates with.
(c) About some of the young men he associates with.
(d) About some of the young women he associates with.
2. How beautiful does Camara think Marie is?
(a) As beautiful as his mother.
(b) As beautiful as his sister.
(c) As beautiful as a goddess.
(d) As beautiful as a fairy.
3. What is the only thing Konden Diara will do to Camara according to his father?
(a) Roar at him.
(b) Eat him.
(c) Sing to him.
(d) Laugh at him.
4. What do the older boys and men do after the procession?
(a) They go home.
(b) They drink and eat.
(c) They sing.
(d) They stay out for the night.
5. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
6. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
7. Where does Camara pedal to with Marie?
(a) The beach.
(b) The forest.
(c) The river.
(d) The desert.
8. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
(b) At Camara's mother's hut.
(c) At Check's mother's hut.
(d) At Camara's hut.
9. Who encourages Camara and Marie to be more intimate?
(a) Camara's aunts.
(b) Camara's uncle.
(c) Marie's aunts.
(d) Marie's mother.
10. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
(a) Their sweetheart.
(b) Their sister.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother.
11. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Helping Marie with her homework.
(b) Bicycling with Marie.
(c) Dancing with Marie.
(d) Talking to Marie.
12. What does Camara's mother do when he tells her about his plans to study abroad?
(a) She starts screaming.
(b) She tells him he's allowed to go.
(c) She starts crying.
(d) She tells him he's not going.
13. Who brings Camara to the train station before he leaves Kouroussa?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
14. How does Camara feel about his mother's behavior each time he comes back home to find she has made improvements?
(a) It makes him proud.
(b) It annoys him.
(c) It touches him.
(d) It troubles him.
15. Why does Camara's father give Camara a gift when he leaves home?
(a) So he can play music.
(b) To protect him against evil spirits.
(c) To call on the good spirits.
(d) To wish him happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will the boys stay in a special hut after the circumcision?
2. Why does Camara's mother find it difficult to understand why he wants more schooling?
3. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
4. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
5. What is the quality of the instruction in Camara's school when he returns to it?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)