|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
2. What will most boys become in the future?
3. Who is Marie?
(a) A student at the girl's middle school.
(b) A former student at the girls' high school.
(c) A student at Camara's school.
(d) A student at the girls' high school.
4. What type of emotion is outwardly manifested during the circumcision ceremony?
5. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
(a) An Asian look.
(b) A European look.
(c) An American look.
(d) An African look.
6. What is Camara worried about when he returns home after his final exams in Conakry?
(a) His parents' reaction to his school results.
(b) How his parents will react to his decision to study abroad.
(c) Being away from Marie.
(d) His parents' health.
7. Who is Konden Diara?
(a) A lion that eats little boys.
(b) A snake that eats little boys.
(c) A good spirit.
(d) An evil spirit.
8. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
9. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They cook.
(b) They watch the boys.
(c) They stay out all night.
(d) They go home.
10. Where does Camara pedal to with Marie?
(a) The forest.
(b) The river.
(c) The desert.
(d) The beach.
11. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
(b) At Camara's mother's hut.
(c) At Camara's hut.
(d) At Check's mother's hut.
12. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
(a) A tom-tom.
(b) A burbon.
(c) A wouwou.
(d) A boubou.
13. Why does Camara get hospitalized during his first year in Conakry?
(a) Because of a car accident.
(b) Because of an infection.
(c) Because of a disease.
(d) Because of a seizure.
14. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their sweetheart.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their sister.
15. Before Camara gets on the train, he thinks about a certain person. Who does he think about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Camara's school when he returns to it?
2. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
3. How long do Camara and Kouyate stay at Check's bedside before he dies?
4. What does Camara's father's second wife hold up as a symbol for Camara during the circumcision ceremony?
5. What does Camara do when he sits at the bonfire on the night of the ritual?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)