|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Dancing with Marie.
(b) Bicycling with Marie.
(c) Talking to Marie.
(d) Helping Marie with her homework.
2. What does Camara do when he sits at the bonfire on the night of the ritual?
(a) He jumps over the fire.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He sings.
(d) He trembles.
3. What does Camara notice each time he returns home for vacation?
(a) That his mother is more sad.
(b) That his mother has made improvements to her hut.
(c) That his mother is happier.
(d) That his mother has made improvements to his hut.
4. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
5. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Camara's mother's hut.
(b) At Camara's hut.
(c) At Check's mother's hut.
(d) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
6. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
(a) Several tom-tom players.
(b) Several praise-singers.
(c) Several family members.
(d) Several friends.
7. What does the director in Conakry give Camara before he leaves the country?
(a) A map of the airport.
(b) A map of the city he's going to.
(c) A map of the country he's going to.
(d) A map of the metro.
8. What has happened to Camara's school when he returns to it?
(a) It has been reorganized.
(b) It has been destroyed by a flood.
(c) It has become even less interesting.
(d) It has been burnt down.
9. Who asks Camara if he would like to go abroad to finish his studies?
(a) Camara's favorite teacher.
(c) Camara's uncle.
(d) The director of Camara's school.
10. How long do Camara, Kouyate, and Check sometimes disappear together during holidays?
(a) Entire evenings.
(b) Entire days.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Entire afternoons.
11. Before Camara gets on the train, he thinks about a certain person. Who does he think about?
12. When does Marie spend time at Mamadou's house?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On weekdays.
(c) On Saturdays.
(d) In the evenings.
13. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
(b) Mamadou and Marie.
(c) Camara's parents.
14. How do the other boys feel when Camara puts Marie on his bicycle?
15. Why does Camara return to Kouroussa after completing his final exams?
(a) To celebrate his school success.
(b) To eat and drink.
(c) To be with his friends.
(d) To worry about his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's mother do when he tells her about his plans to study abroad?
2. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
3. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
4. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
5. Why does Camara's father give Camara a gift when he leaves home?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)