|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A he-goat's horn.
(b) A he-sheep's horn.
(c) A harp.
(d) A tom-tom.
2. Why does Camara return to Kouroussa after completing his final exams?
(a) To eat and drink.
(b) To worry about his mother.
(c) To be with his friends.
(d) To celebrate his school success.
3. Who encourages Camara and Marie to be more intimate?
(a) Marie's aunts.
(b) Marie's mother.
(c) Camara's aunts.
(d) Camara's uncle.
4. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
5. How long do Camara, Kouyate, and Check sometimes disappear together during holidays?
(a) Entire evenings.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Entire days.
(d) Entire afternoons.
6. Who asks Camara if he would like to go abroad to finish his studies?
(b) Camara's favorite teacher.
(c) Camara's uncle.
(d) The director of Camara's school.
7. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
(a) Onto the river.
(b) Into a big hut.
(c) Into the brush.
(d) Onto the railroad.
8. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
(a) About some of the farmers he associates with.
(b) About some of the children he associates with.
(c) About some of the young women he associates with.
(d) About some of the young men he associates with.
9. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
(a) His name.
(b) Marie's name.
(c) His uncle's name.
(d) His friend's name.
10. What is the only thing Konden Diara will do to Camara according to his father?
(a) Laugh at him.
(b) Roar at him.
(c) Sing to him.
(d) Eat him.
11. Who talks to Camara's mother about his desire to study abroad in hopes of convincing her that it is a good idea?
(a) Camara's uncle.
(b) Camara and his father.
(d) Camara's father.
12. What makes Camara feel very smart and helpful?
(a) Talking to Marie.
(b) Helping Marie with her homework.
(c) Dancing with Marie.
(d) Bicycling with Marie.
13. How long do Camara and Kouyate stay at Check's bedside before he dies?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
14. When does Camara leave home?
(a) When he's twelve.
(b) When he's fifteen.
(c) When he's sixteen.
(d) When he's fourteen.
15. How does Camara feel about Konden Diara?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Camara still have one year of school until graduation when his friends have already finished?
2. The boys receive a handkerchief made of what for their circumcision ritual?
3. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
4. How does Camara's father react when he tells him about his plans to study abroad?
5. What do the guests shower the boys with during the circumcision ceremony?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)