|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month does Camara return to Conakry?
2. Why does Camara's father give Camara a gift when he leaves home?
(a) So he can play music.
(b) To call on the good spirits.
(c) To wish him happiness.
(d) To protect him against evil spirits.
3. The boys receive a handkerchief made of what for their circumcision ritual?
4. Where does Camara pedal to with Marie?
(a) The beach.
(b) The desert.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
5. What do the women and the girls do after the procession?
(a) They stay out all night.
(b) They go home.
(c) They watch the boys.
(d) They cook.
6. What has happened to Camara's school when he returns to it?
(a) It has been reorganized.
(b) It has become even less interesting.
(c) It has been burnt down.
(d) It has been destroyed by a flood.
7. What do the older boys and men do after the procession?
(a) They stay out for the night.
(b) They sing.
(c) They go home.
(d) They drink and eat.
8. When does the tom-tom begin to beat for the rite of passage?
(a) As soon as the sun rises.
(b) As soon as the sun sets.
(c) As soon as everybody is awake.
(d) At noon.
9. How does Camara's mother light up his bed?
(a) With an oil lamp.
(b) With a flashlight.
(c) With a match.
(d) With a torch.
10. How does Camara feel about Konden Diara?
11. Before Camara gets on the train, he thinks about a certain person. Who does he think about?
12. What does Camara do when he sits at the bonfire on the night of the ritual?
(a) He trembles.
(b) He sings.
(c) He jumps over the fire.
(d) He smiles.
13. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
(a) A wouwou.
(b) A burbon.
(c) A boubou.
(d) A tom-tom.
14. What do Camara and Marie like to do?
15. How did Camara stay in touch with his friends from home?
(a) By phone.
(b) Through voice messages.
(c) With emails.
(d) With letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
2. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
3. What type of emotion is outwardly manifested during the circumcision ceremony?
4. What is Camara's mother concerned about when he is home on vacation?
5. What is the only thing Konden Diara will do to Camara according to his father?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)