|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
(a) Into the brush.
(b) Onto the river.
(c) Into a big hut.
(d) Onto the railroad.
2. What does Camara's father give Camara when he leaves home?
(a) A he-sheep's horn.
(b) A harp.
(c) A he-goat's horn.
(d) A tom-tom.
3. Who has arrived to celebrate Camara's departure from Kouroussa?
(a) Several family members.
(b) Several friends.
(c) Several praise-singers.
(d) Several tom-tom players.
4. How does Camara feel about Konden Diara?
5. Why does Camara's mother find it difficult to understand why he wants more schooling?
(a) Because she thinks he wants to leave her.
(b) Because she thinks he is stupid.
(c) Because she thinks it's too expensive.
(d) Because she thinks he has had so much schooling already.
6. Why does Camara still have one year of school until graduation when his friends have already finished?
(a) Because he is not intelligent.
(b) Because he has wasted a year doing nothing.
(c) Because he lost a year of school.
(d) Because he is lazy.
7. How beautiful does Camara think Marie is?
(a) As beautiful as a fairy.
(b) As beautiful as his sister.
(c) As beautiful as his mother.
(d) As beautiful as a goddess.
8. Why do the boys stay in a special hut after their circumcision?
(a) To sing together.
(b) To feel sad together.
(c) To eat together.
(d) To recover as a group.
9. When does the tom-tom begin to beat for the rite of passage?
(a) At noon.
(b) As soon as the sun sets.
(c) As soon as the sun rises.
(d) As soon as everybody is awake.
10. Who brings Camara to the train station before he leaves Kouroussa?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
11. Where do Camara and his two friends show up after disappearing for awhile?
(a) At Camara's hut.
(b) At Check's mother's hut.
(c) At Camara's mother's hut.
(d) At Kouyate's mother's hut.
12. How did Camara stay in touch with his friends from home?
(a) With emails.
(b) With letters.
(c) By phone.
(d) Through voice messages.
13. In which country does Camara have an opportunity to finish his studies?
14. How long do Camara, Kouyate, and Check sometimes disappear together during holidays?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Entire days.
(c) Entire evenings.
(d) Entire afternoons.
15. Who gives the boys a handkerchief for their ceremony of circumcision?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their sister.
(d) Their sweetheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Camara and Kouyate stay at Check's bedside before he dies?
2. What does Camara find on the honor roll at his school every term?
3. Who is Marie?
4. What will most boys become in the future?
5. What kind of look is Camara's hut acquiring over time?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)