|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Camara's school uniform?
2. Where does Camara stay while in Tindican?
(a) In his uncle's hut.
(b) In his grandfather's hut.
(c) In his own hut.
(d) In his grandmother's hut.
3. What is the name of the river that flows nearby Camara's village?
(a) The Nassar.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Niger.
(d) The Amazon.
4. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
5. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
(a) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with gold.
(b) A normal member of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(c) A representative of all the villagers who come to the shop with silver.
(d) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
6. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
7. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
(a) To feed it.
(b) To hit it.
(c) To wash it.
(d) To pet it.
8. What does Camara's school teacher do?
(a) He laughs at the students.
(b) He hugs the students.
(c) He is nice to the students.
(d) He beats the students.
9. Why does Camara's father send his children to school?
(a) To be treated like slaves.
(b) To sing.
(c) To play.
(d) To learn.
10. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated?
(a) Like adults.
(b) Like children of the neighbors.
(c) Like spoiled children.
(d) Like children of the family.
11. How does the farmer's life seem to Camara?
12. What is the name of Kouyate's sister?
13. What is the second school Camara attends?
(a) The English school.
(b) The African school.
(c) The Koran school.
(d) The French School.
14. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
(a) Close to a railroad.
(b) Close to a busy road.
(c) Close to a farm.
(d) Close to a river.
15. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
(a) A violin.
(b) A harp.
(c) A drum.
(d) A guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
2. Who is the douga reserved for?
3. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
4. What does young Camara enjoy doing from the corner of the workshop?
5. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)