|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's grandmother tell him every time she sees him?
(a) That he's too skinny.
(b) That he's too fat.
(c) That he's too unhealthy.
(d) That he's too shy.
2. What is the second school Camara attends?
(a) The African school.
(b) The French School.
(c) The English school.
(d) The Koran school.
3. Who makes arrangements for the trinket?
(a) Camara's father.
(c) The woman who wants the trinket.
(d) The praise-singer.
4. Where does Camara's grandmother store milk?
(a) In a coconut.
(b) In a bowl.
(c) In a jug.
(d) In a calabash.
5. What does Camara love to do when Lansana's twin shows up in Tindican?
(a) Listen to his stories.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Walk with him.
(d) Eat with him.
6. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
7. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
(a) Rice and peas.
(d) Rice and beans.
8. What do the reapers do while they work?
(a) They sing.
(b) They complain.
(c) They talk.
(d) They eat.
9. When does rice season occur in Tindican?
(a) In November.
(b) In January.
(c) In December.
(d) In October.
10. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students are late.
(b) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
(c) When the students don't listen.
(d) When the students interrupt.
11. What color is Camara's school uniform?
12. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
(a) He brings the stalks of rice back to the village.
(b) He cuts the stalks of rice.
(c) He burns the stalks of rice.
(d) He bundles the stalks of rice.
13. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
(a) Small and thin.
(c) Big and tall.
14. What does Camara's father fear about Camara in regards to the snake?
(a) That he will only have part of the gift.
(b) That he will kill the snake.
(c) That he is not smart enough.
(d) That he will not have the gift.
15. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
2. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
3. Who cuts the first swath of rice from the field on the day of the harvest?
4. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
5. One day, some men come and ask Camara's mother to get a certain animal back on its feet. What kind of animal?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)