|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there always many apprentices staying at Camara's father's forge?
(a) Because Camara's father doesn't have more than one child.
(b) Because Camara's father pays a lot of money.
(c) Because Camara's father is well known.
(d) Because Camara's father is unknown.
2. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
(b) Full of stuff.
3. Who makes fun of Camara because he's feeling awkward around Fanta?
(a) Camara's sister.
(b) Camara's brother.
(c) Fanta's brother.
(d) Fanta's sister.
4. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She trembles.
(c) She sighs.
(d) She sits down.
5. How does the farmer's life seem to Camara?
6. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
(a) Big and tall.
(c) Small and thin.
7. What does Camara love to do when Lansana's twin shows up in Tindican?
(a) Walk with him.
(b) Eat with him.
(c) Listen to his stories.
(d) Talk to him.
8. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
(a) He loves to sit with the whole family and study everyone.
(b) He loves to sit with the whole family and yell at everyone.
(c) He loves to sing with the whole family.
(d) He loves to sit outside.
9. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
10. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
(a) Chocolate cookies.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A carrot cake.
(d) A wheat cake.
11. When the special snake began to appear on a regular basis, what did it do?
(a) He helped Camara know the future.
(b) He helped Camara's father know life's secrets.
(c) He helped Camara's father know the future.
(d) He helped Camara's mother know the future.
12. When is the douga sung?
(a) When evil spirits need to be set free.
(b) Only when gold work is presented.
(c) All the time.
13. What does young Camara do in his father's forge?
(a) He plays music.
(b) He makes a nuisance of himself.
(c) He helps his father.
(d) He listens to the sounds.
14. Why do the reapers not compete with each other?
(a) Because they are tired.
(b) Because they all have the same strength.
(c) Because they are lazy.
(d) So they can all stay together.
15. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's grandmother tell him every time she sees him?
2. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
3. Who do the older children take their frustration out on?
4. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
5. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)