|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
(a) In their mother's mother's hut.
(b) In their uncle's hut.
(c) In their father's mother's hut.
(d) In their father's hut.
2. What does Camara's father fear about Camara in regards to the snake?
(a) That he will only have part of the gift.
(b) That he will not have the gift.
(c) That he is not smart enough.
(d) That he will kill the snake.
3. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
(a) He gives his parents a hug.
(b) He gives his parents a kiss.
(c) He bows to his parents.
(d) He just walks away.
4. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's restless.
(b) He loves to sit still.
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He's loud.
5. Who is always present when Camara's father works with gold?
(a) A new snake.
(b) A black cat.
(c) The black snake.
(d) Camara's mother.
6. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
7. What happens to Camara when he defies the order to not associate with Kouyate and his sister?
(a) His lunch gets taken away.
(b) He's beaten.
(c) His clothes are taken away.
(d) His school books get stolen.
8. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
9. What does Camara love to do when Lansana's twin shows up in Tindican?
(a) Walk with him.
(b) Eat with him.
(c) Listen to his stories.
(d) Talk to him.
10. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
(a) His oldest uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His youngest uncle.
11. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
(c) Black and yellow.
12. Why does Camara not pull Fanta's hair anymore after their conversation?
(a) Because he feels foolish about pulling her hair.
(b) Because he is afraid of her.
(c) Because he starts pulling somebody else's hair.
(d) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
13. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
(a) For no special reason.
(b) For a friend.
(c) For decoration.
(d) For special occasions.
14. Why doesn't Camara's family member want to get too far ahead of the rest of the reapers?
(a) Because he's too lazy.
(b) Because he doesn't want them to feel bad.
(c) Because he doesn't want them to take advantage of him.
(d) Because he's tired.
15. Who do the children occasionally complain to when being taken advantage of?
(a) To the director.
(b) To their brothers.
(c) To their friends.
(d) To their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Camara wish he could be the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
2. What do the reapers use to do their work?
3. What is the first school Camara attends?
4. What does Camara do when the reapers need water?
5. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)