|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
(a) A violin.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A drum.
(d) A harp.
2. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
(a) Close to a farm.
(b) Close to a busy road.
(c) Close to a river.
(d) Close to a railroad.
3. Why doesn't Camara's family member want to get too far ahead of the rest of the reapers?
(a) Because he's tired.
(b) Because he's too lazy.
(c) Because he doesn't want them to take advantage of him.
(d) Because he doesn't want them to feel bad.
4. What is the job Camara's father practices?
5. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students interrupt.
(b) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
(c) When the students are late.
(d) When the students don't listen.
6. What did Camara and his apprentice friend talk about?
(a) About food.
(b) About their friends.
(c) About the weather.
(d) About their days.
7. When do the reapers return to the village?
(a) At night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In the evening.
(d) In the afternoon.
8. What is the second school Camara attends?
(a) The English school.
(b) The Koran school.
(c) The African school.
(d) The French School.
9. Camara tells who about what has been happening at school?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The apprentices.
10. What is the name of one particular apprentice Camara remembers?
11. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
(a) He loves to sing with the whole family.
(b) He loves to sit with the whole family and study everyone.
(c) He loves to sit outside.
(d) He loves to sit with the whole family and yell at everyone.
12. What does Camara's grandmother tell him every time she sees him?
(a) That he's too shy.
(b) That he's too unhealthy.
(c) That he's too fat.
(d) That he's too skinny.
13. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
(a) He sings a song.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He talks to his son.
(d) He breathes unknown cantations.
14. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
(a) Rice and peas.
(c) Rice and beans.
15. What does young Camara do in his father's forge?
(a) He listens to the sounds.
(b) He plays music.
(c) He helps his father.
(d) He makes a nuisance of himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do all the apprentices and workers in the blacksmith shop turn their attention to the production of the trinket?
2. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
3. Camara's mother displays what sort of attitude?
4. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
5. Who do the children occasionally complain to when being taken advantage of?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)