|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
2. Who embraces Camara when he arrives in Tindican?
(a) His friend.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
3. Who makes arrangements for the trinket?
(a) The praise-singer.
(b) The woman who wants the trinket.
(d) Camara's father.
4. Why does Camara assume that his father underwent the rituals of preparing to work with gold before he even stepped foot in the shop the morning of the woman's arrival with gold?
(a) Because his father has done this specific task before.
(b) Because his father already dreamt about this specific task.
(c) Because his father already read about this specific task.
(d) Because his father already heard about this specific task.
5. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
6. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's restless.
(b) He's loud.
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He loves to sit still.
7. Where does Camara's grandmother store milk?
(a) In a jug.
(b) In a calabash.
(c) In a bowl.
(d) In a coconut.
8. After the animal encounter in the forge, what does Camara like to yell to his mother?
(a) "There's a mouse!"
(b) "There are snakes!"
(c) "There's a rabbit!"
(d) "There's a snake!"
9. Who cuts the first swath of rice from the field on the day of the harvest?
(a) The eldest son of each family.
(b) The mother of each family.
(c) The praise-singer.
(d) The head of each family.
10. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
(b) Rice and beans.
(d) Rice and peas.
11. What happens to Camara when he defies the order to not associate with Kouyate and his sister?
(a) He's beaten.
(b) His lunch gets taken away.
(c) His school books get stolen.
(d) His clothes are taken away.
12. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself?
(a) Because he has special powers.
(b) Because he wants to make all the money.
(c) Because he's the boss.
(d) Because other people argue about this work.
13. Why is the snake which Camara finds special?
(a) Because it is the guiding spirit of the house.
(b) Because it is the guiding spirit of his mother.
(c) Because it is the guiding spirit of his father.
(d) Because it is the guiding spirit of his uncle.
14. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
(a) He bows to his parents.
(b) He gives his parents a kiss.
(c) He gives his parents a hug.
(d) He just walks away.
15. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
(a) With his sister.
(b) With his brother.
(c) With his friend.
(d) With his nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
2. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
3. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
4. Camara's mother's presence maintains what during meal times?
5. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)