|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does rice season occur in Tindican?
(a) In December.
(b) In October.
(c) In January.
(d) In November.
2. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bird.
3. What does young Camara enjoy doing from the corner of the workshop?
(a) Playing with fire.
(b) Killing snakes.
(c) Watching the fire.
(d) Talking to customers.
4. What is the first school Camara attends?
(a) The English school.
(b) The Koran school.
(c) The French school.
(d) The African school.
5. Why do women who want a golden trinket hire a praise-singer to have the trinket made well and on time?
(a) To act as a go-between.
(b) To act as a priest.
(c) To act as a seller.
(d) To act as a friend.
6. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A harp.
(c) A drum.
(d) A violin.
7. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
8. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
9. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself?
(a) Because he has special powers.
(b) Because he wants to make all the money.
(c) Because other people argue about this work.
(d) Because he's the boss.
10. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
11. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
12. What does legend say about twin brothers?
(a) That they are practically magicians.
(b) That they are practically dumb.
(c) That they are practically doctors.
(d) That they are practically strong.
13. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
14. What do the reapers use to do their work?
15. What does Camara believe about his mother?
(a) That she is very special.
(b) That she doesn't have special powers.
(c) That she has special flowers.
(d) That she has special powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the douga sung?
2. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
3. What does the animal do after Camara's mother gets it back on its feet?
4. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
5. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)