|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tindican in relation to Kouroussa?
2. What does Camara know about the harvest tradition?
(b) He learned much about the tradition.
(c) He understands where it comes from.
(d) Not much.
3. What is the job Camara's father practices?
4. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
(a) To hit it.
(b) To wash it.
(c) To pet it.
(d) To feed it.
5. What is the name of the river that flows nearby Camara's village?
(a) The Niger.
(b) The Nassar.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Amazon.
6. Where is the always present visitor located when Camara's father works with gold?
(a) On top of the sheepskin.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Under the work bench.
(d) Under the sheepskin.
7. Who embraces Camara when he arrives in Tindican?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His friend.
(d) His grandmother.
8. Why do women who want a golden trinket hire a praise-singer to have the trinket made well and on time?
(a) To act as a priest.
(b) To act as a go-between.
(c) To act as a friend.
(d) To act as a seller.
9. What is the first school Camara attends?
(a) The Koran school.
(b) The English school.
(c) The African school.
(d) The French school.
10. Who does Camara share his bed with?
(a) His father's younger apprentices.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His father's older apprentices.
(d) His sisters.
11. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
(a) For special occasions.
(b) For no special reason.
(c) For a friend.
(d) For decoration.
12. What does Camara believe about his mother?
(a) That she has special powers.
(b) That she doesn't have special powers.
(c) That she is very special.
(d) That she has special flowers.
13. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
(a) Metal toys.
(b) Soccer balls.
14. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
(a) In their mother's mother's hut.
(b) In their father's mother's hut.
(c) In their father's hut.
(d) In their uncle's hut.
15. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepares the food in Camara's house?
2. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
3. What did Camara and his apprentice friend talk about?
4. Why does Camara assume that his father underwent the rituals of preparing to work with gold before he even stepped foot in the shop the morning of the woman's arrival with gold?
5. What does Camara do when the reapers need water?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)