|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
(a) His youngest uncle.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His oldest uncle.
(d) His grandfather.
2. When the special snake began to appear on a regular basis, what did it do?
(a) He helped Camara's father know life's secrets.
(b) He helped Camara know the future.
(c) He helped Camara's father know the future.
(d) He helped Camara's mother know the future.
3. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bird.
4. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
(a) Soccer balls.
(c) Metal toys.
5. Who is the douga reserved for?
(a) For happy men.
(b) For celebrated men.
(c) For healthy men.
(d) For powerful men.
6. What announces that the harvest has begun?
(a) The tam-tam.
(b) The tom-tom.
(c) The sound of a flute.
(d) The sound of a harp.
7. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She trembles.
(c) She sighs.
(d) She sits down.
8. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
9. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican when Camara does it with his youngest uncle?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
10. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
(a) Rice and beans.
(d) Rice and peas.
11. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Six or seven.
(d) Five or six.
12. When is the douga sung?
(a) Only when gold work is presented.
(b) All the time.
(d) When evil spirits need to be set free.
13. Why doesn't Camara's family member want to get too far ahead of the rest of the reapers?
(a) Because he's tired.
(b) Because he doesn't want them to feel bad.
(c) Because he's too lazy.
(d) Because he doesn't want them to take advantage of him.
14. Why does Camara pull Fanta's hair?
(a) Because she is childish.
(b) Because she is a girl.
(c) Because she is a friend.
(d) Because he doesn't like her.
15. What does Camara's grandmother tell him every time she sees him?
(a) That he's too skinny.
(b) That he's too fat.
(c) That he's too shy.
(d) That he's too unhealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
2. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself?
3. Why does Camara's father tell this story to his son?
4. Why does Camara not pull Fanta's hair anymore after their conversation?
5. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)