|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
(a) He burns the stalks of rice.
(b) He cuts the stalks of rice.
(c) He bundles the stalks of rice.
(d) He brings the stalks of rice back to the village.
2. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's restless.
(b) He's quiet.
(c) He loves to sit still.
(d) He's loud.
3. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
(a) To hit it.
(b) To feed it.
(c) To pet it.
(d) To wash it.
4. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
(a) A representative of all the villagers who come to the shop with silver.
(b) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with gold.
(c) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(d) A normal member of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
5. Who is always present when Camara's father works with gold?
(a) Camara's mother.
(b) The black snake.
(c) A new snake.
(d) A black cat.
6. Who embraces Camara when he arrives in Tindican?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friend.
7. What did Camara and his apprentice friend talk about?
(a) About their friends.
(b) About their days.
(c) About the weather.
(d) About food.
8. What do many people think of country folk?
(a) That they are uncivilized and coarse.
(b) That they are unhealthy.
(c) That they are strong.
(d) That they are civilized and coarse.
9. What does Camara's grandmother tell him every time she sees him?
(a) That he's too skinny.
(b) That he's too shy.
(c) That he's too fat.
(d) That he's too unhealthy.
10. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
(b) Full of stuff.
11. When the special snake began to appear on a regular basis, what did it do?
(a) He helped Camara know the future.
(b) He helped Camara's mother know the future.
(c) He helped Camara's father know life's secrets.
(d) He helped Camara's father know the future.
12. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
(a) He just walks away.
(b) He gives his parents a kiss.
(c) He bows to his parents.
(d) He gives his parents a hug.
13. Why does Camara assume that his father underwent the rituals of preparing to work with gold before he even stepped foot in the shop the morning of the woman's arrival with gold?
(a) Because his father already heard about this specific task.
(b) Because his father has done this specific task before.
(c) Because his father already dreamt about this specific task.
(d) Because his father already read about this specific task.
14. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
(a) Close to a railroad.
(b) Close to a busy road.
(c) Close to a farm.
(d) Close to a river.
15. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the animal encounter in the forge, what does Camara like to yell to his mother?
2. Why does Camara not pull Fanta's hair anymore after their conversation?
3. Who makes arrangements for the trinket?
4. Who do the older children take their frustration out on?
5. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)