|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
(a) In a thought.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In a story.
2. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
3. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
(b) When the students are late.
(c) When the students don't listen.
(d) When the students interrupt.
4. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
(a) A chocolate cake.
(b) Chocolate cookies.
(c) A carrot cake.
(d) A wheat cake.
5. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
6. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His oldest uncle.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His youngest uncle.
7. What is the name of Kouyate's sister?
8. What does Camara think about country people?
(a) That they are undignified and considerate.
(b) That they are stupid.
(c) That they are inconsiderate.
(d) That they are dignified and considerate.
9. Who do the older children take their frustration out on?
(a) Their friends.
(b) The teacher.
(c) Their parents.
(d) The younger children.
10. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
(a) He talks to his son.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He breathes unknown cantations.
11. Where does Camara's grandmother store milk?
(a) In a bowl.
(b) In a calabash.
(c) In a coconut.
(d) In a jug.
12. Why do parents send their children to Camara's father?
(a) To observe his work.
(b) To play music.
(c) To work as an apprentice.
(d) To get paid.
13. What does Camara's grandmother do with him when she takes him around her village?
(a) She holds him the whole time.
(b) She makes him talk to everybody.
(c) She makes him sing.
(d) She shows him off.
14. What is the second school Camara attends?
(a) The Koran school.
(b) The English school.
(c) The French School.
(d) The African school.
15. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
(a) Soccer balls.
(d) Metal toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
2. How does the farmer's life seem to Camara?
3. What does young Camara enjoy doing from the corner of the workshop?
4. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican when Camara does it with his youngest uncle?
5. What does Camara's school teacher do?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)