|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the animal do after Camara's mother gets it back on its feet?
(a) He follows his master away.
(b) He runs off.
(c) He stays with Camara's mother.
(d) He follows Camara away.
2. One day, some men come and ask Camara's mother to get a certain animal back on its feet. What kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
3. Who is the praise-singer talking about in chapter 2?
(a) About people Camara likes.
(b) About people Camara has heard all about.
(c) About people Camara has sometimes heard about.
(d) About people Camara has never heard about.
4. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's restless.
(b) He's loud.
(c) He loves to sit still.
(d) He's quiet.
5. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
(a) Full of stuff.
6. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
7. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
(a) With his nephew.
(b) With his brother.
(c) With his friend.
(d) With his sister.
8. Why does Camara not pull Fanta's hair anymore after their conversation?
(a) Because he feels foolish about pulling her hair.
(b) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(c) Because he starts pulling somebody else's hair.
(d) Because he is afraid of her.
9. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
(a) Close to a railroad.
(b) Close to a busy road.
(c) Close to a river.
(d) Close to a farm.
10. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
(a) Soccer balls.
(d) Metal toys.
11. When do the reapers return to the village?
(a) The next morning.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At night.
12. Why does Camara feel self-conscious in his school clothes while in Tindican?
(a) Because they look different from the other boys' clothes.
(b) Because they look similar to the other boys' clothes.
(c) Because they are expensive.
(d) Because they are uncomfortable.
13. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
14. Where does Camara stay while in Tindican?
(a) In his grandmother's hut.
(b) In his uncle's hut.
(c) In his own hut.
(d) In his grandfather's hut.
15. What do the reapers use to do their work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
2. Where do the people of Camara's village occasionally find gold?
3. Who does Camara share his bed with?
4. What is the second school Camara attends?
5. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)