|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who embraces Camara when he arrives in Tindican?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His friend.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
(a) He brings the stalks of rice back to the village.
(b) He bundles the stalks of rice.
(c) He burns the stalks of rice.
(d) He cuts the stalks of rice.
3. Why does Camara's father tell this story to his son?
(a) Because Camara is the eldest son.
(b) Because Camara is the healthiest son.
(c) Because Camara is the smartest son.
(d) Because Camara is the youngest son.
4. Why do the reapers not compete with each other?
(a) Because they are tired.
(b) Because they all have the same strength.
(c) So they can all stay together.
(d) Because they are lazy.
5. What does Camara's grandmother always do as soon as he arrives?
(a) Praise him.
(b) Wash his head.
(c) Wash him from head to foot.
(d) Massage his feet.
6. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
(a) With his sister.
(b) With his friend.
(c) With his brother.
(d) With his nephew.
7. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
(a) Small and thin.
(d) Big and tall.
8. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bird.
9. Where does Camara stay while in Tindican?
(a) In his grandmother's hut.
(b) In his own hut.
(c) In his grandfather's hut.
(d) In his uncle's hut.
10. What did Camara and his apprentice friend talk about?
(a) About the weather.
(b) About their friends.
(c) About food.
(d) About their days.
11. Why does Camara's father send his children to school?
(a) To be treated like slaves.
(b) To learn.
(c) To play.
(d) To sing.
12. Who makes arrangements for the trinket?
(b) Camara's father.
(c) The woman who wants the trinket.
(d) The praise-singer.
13. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated?
(a) Like adults.
(b) Like children of the neighbors.
(c) Like spoiled children.
(d) Like children of the family.
14. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
(a) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(b) A normal member of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(c) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with gold.
(d) A representative of all the villagers who come to the shop with silver.
15. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She sighs.
(c) She sits down.
(d) She trembles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
2. Camara's mother displays what sort of attitude?
3. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
4. How does the farmer's life seem to Camara?
5. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)