|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
(c) Rice and beans.
(d) Rice and peas.
2. Who is the praise-singer talking about in chapter 2?
(a) About people Camara likes.
(b) About people Camara has never heard about.
(c) About people Camara has heard all about.
(d) About people Camara has sometimes heard about.
3. Why does Camara's father send his children to school?
(a) To be treated like slaves.
(b) To sing.
(c) To play.
(d) To learn.
4. Who embraces Camara when he arrives in Tindican?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friend.
5. What kind of a man is Lansana?
(a) He's loud.
(b) He talks the whole time.
(c) He's poor.
(d) He's quiet.
6. Why does Camara assume that his father underwent the rituals of preparing to work with gold before he even stepped foot in the shop the morning of the woman's arrival with gold?
(a) Because his father already heard about this specific task.
(b) Because his father already dreamt about this specific task.
(c) Because his father has done this specific task before.
(d) Because his father already read about this specific task.
7. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's restless.
(b) He's loud.
(c) He loves to sit still.
(d) He's quiet.
8. What announces that the harvest has begun?
(a) The sound of a flute.
(b) The tom-tom.
(c) The tam-tam.
(d) The sound of a harp.
9. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
(d) Black and yellow.
10. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
(a) A chocolate cake.
(b) A carrot cake.
(c) Chocolate cookies.
(d) A wheat cake.
11. What does Camara love to do when Lansana's twin shows up in Tindican?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Eat with him.
(c) Listen to his stories.
(d) Walk with him.
12. What does Camara believe about his mother?
(a) That she doesn't have special powers.
(b) That she has special flowers.
(c) That she has special powers.
(d) That she is very special.
13. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
(a) To feed it.
(b) To hit it.
(c) To pet it.
(d) To wash it.
14. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
15. When the special snake began to appear on a regular basis, what did it do?
(a) He helped Camara's mother know the future.
(b) He helped Camara know the future.
(c) He helped Camara's father know the future.
(d) He helped Camara's father know life's secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's father do when he hears the douga?
2. Who is always present when Camara's father works with gold?
3. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
4. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
5. Why is the snake which Camara finds special?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)