|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a sayon?
(a) The child born after twins.
(b) The first child born.
(c) The last child born.
(d) The child born before twins.
2. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican when Camara does it with his youngest uncle?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
3. Who is the praise-singer talking about in chapter 2?
(a) About people Camara has never heard about.
(b) About people Camara has heard all about.
(c) About people Camara has sometimes heard about.
(d) About people Camara likes.
4. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
(a) His youngest uncle.
(b) His oldest uncle.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His nephew.
5. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students interrupt.
(b) When the students are late.
(c) When the students don't listen.
(d) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
6. What does Camara's father fear about Camara in regards to the snake?
(a) That he will only have part of the gift.
(b) That he is not smart enough.
(c) That he will not have the gift.
(d) That he will kill the snake.
7. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
(a) A harp.
(b) A drum.
(c) A violin.
(d) A guitar.
8. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
(a) He loves to sing with the whole family.
(b) He loves to sit outside.
(c) He loves to sit with the whole family and study everyone.
(d) He loves to sit with the whole family and yell at everyone.
9. The students' parents have been unaware of the atmosphere surrounding Camara's school. What type of atmosphere has it been?
10. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
(a) In a thought.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In a dream.
(d) In a story.
11. What does Camara's grandmother always do as soon as he arrives?
(a) Wash his head.
(b) Massage his feet.
(c) Wash him from head to foot.
(d) Praise him.
12. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
(b) Black and yellow.
13. Camara's mother displays what sort of attitude?
14. Camara tells who about what has been happening at school?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The apprentices.
(d) His uncle.
15. Where do the people of Camara's village occasionally find gold?
(a) In the sand.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the mud.
(d) In the clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
2. Where is the always present visitor located when Camara's father works with gold?
3. What do the reapers use to do their work?
4. Who is the douga reserved for?
5. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)