|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, some men come and ask Camara's mother to get a certain animal back on its feet. What kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
2. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
(b) A reed.
(d) A mouse.
3. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
(a) He loves to sing with the whole family.
(b) He loves to sit with the whole family and yell at everyone.
(c) He loves to sit outside.
(d) He loves to sit with the whole family and study everyone.
4. Why does Camara not pull Fanta's hair anymore after their conversation?
(a) Because he doesn't like her anymore.
(b) Because he starts pulling somebody else's hair.
(c) Because he feels foolish about pulling her hair.
(d) Because he is afraid of her.
5. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
6. What is a sayon?
(a) The child born before twins.
(b) The child born after twins.
(c) The last child born.
(d) The first child born.
7. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
(a) He bows to his parents.
(b) He gives his parents a kiss.
(c) He gives his parents a hug.
(d) He just walks away.
8. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students are late.
(b) When the students don't listen.
(c) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
(d) When the students interrupt.
9. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
(b) Small and thin.
(d) Big and tall.
10. What is the name of one particular apprentice Camara remembers?
11. What is the name of Kouyate's sister?
12. Where does Camara stay while in Tindican?
(a) In his own hut.
(b) In his uncle's hut.
(c) In his grandfather's hut.
(d) In his grandmother's hut.
13. What is the second school Camara attends?
(a) The English school.
(b) The Koran school.
(c) The African school.
(d) The French School.
14. Why is the snake which Camara finds special?
(a) Because it is the guiding spirit of his uncle.
(b) Because it is the guiding spirit of the house.
(c) Because it is the guiding spirit of his father.
(d) Because it is the guiding spirit of his mother.
15. What does Camara believe about his mother?
(a) That she has special flowers.
(b) That she doesn't have special powers.
(c) That she has special powers.
(d) That she is very special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
2. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
3. When do the reapers return to the village?
4. Who prepares the food in Camara's house?
5. What kind of a man is Lansana?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)