|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do all the apprentices and workers in the blacksmith shop turn their attention to the production of the trinket?
(a) Because gold work is rare and boring.
(b) Because gold work is boring.
(c) Because gold work is rare and fascinating.
(d) Because gold work is abundant and fascinating.
2. Who makes fun of Camara because he's feeling awkward around Fanta?
(a) Camara's sister.
(b) Fanta's brother.
(c) Camara's brother.
(d) Fanta's sister.
3. Why does Camara's father tell this story to his son?
(a) Because Camara is the youngest son.
(b) Because Camara is the eldest son.
(c) Because Camara is the healthiest son.
(d) Because Camara is the smartest son.
4. What do the reapers do while they work?
(a) They talk.
(b) They sing.
(c) They complain.
(d) They eat.
5. What does Fanta bring Camara after he runs off crying after the ordeal at school?
(a) Chocolate cookies.
(b) A chocolate cake.
(c) A wheat cake.
(d) A carrot cake.
6. The students' parents have been unaware of the atmosphere surrounding Camara's school. What type of atmosphere has it been?
7. What do many people think of country folk?
(a) That they are civilized and coarse.
(b) That they are uncivilized and coarse.
(c) That they are unhealthy.
(d) That they are strong.
8. Who is the douga reserved for?
(a) For powerful men.
(b) For happy men.
(c) For healthy men.
(d) For celebrated men.
9. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
(a) He just walks away.
(b) He gives his parents a hug.
(c) He gives his parents a kiss.
(d) He bows to his parents.
10. What is a sayon?
(a) The child born before twins.
(b) The last child born.
(c) The child born after twins.
(d) The first child born.
11. Why do people hang ears of corn on ropes?
(a) To keep them away from the children.
(b) To keep them away from the pets.
(c) To keep them away from the farm animals.
(d) To keep them away from the neighbors.
12. Which animals are abundant in the river when the water rises?
13. What does Camara's father do when he hears the douga?
(a) He dances.
(b) He sings.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He does more gold work.
14. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
(d) Black and yellow.
15. Who prepares the food in Camara's house?
(a) Camara's mother.
(b) Camara's father.
(c) Camara's brother.
(d) One of the apprentices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always present when Camara's father works with gold?
2. What does young Camara do in his father's forge?
3. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
4. Why are there always many apprentices staying at Camara's father's forge?
5. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)