|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
2. What does Camara's grandmother do with him when she takes him around her village?
(a) She shows him off.
(b) She holds him the whole time.
(c) She makes him talk to everybody.
(d) She makes him sing.
3. Why does Camara's father tell this story to his son?
(a) Because Camara is the youngest son.
(b) Because Camara is the eldest son.
(c) Because Camara is the smartest son.
(d) Because Camara is the healthiest son.
4. Why does Camara pull Fanta's hair?
(a) Because he doesn't like her.
(b) Because she is a girl.
(c) Because she is a friend.
(d) Because she is childish.
5. What do the reapers use to do their work?
6. Why does Camara feel self-conscious in his school clothes while in Tindican?
(a) Because they are expensive.
(b) Because they are uncomfortable.
(c) Because they look similar to the other boys' clothes.
(d) Because they look different from the other boys' clothes.
7. The students' parents have been unaware of the atmosphere surrounding Camara's school. What type of atmosphere has it been?
8. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
(a) He loves to sit outside.
(b) He loves to sing with the whole family.
(c) He loves to sit with the whole family and yell at everyone.
(d) He loves to sit with the whole family and study everyone.
9. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
(a) When the students don't listen.
(b) When the students' handwriting is not exact.
(c) When the students are late.
(d) When the students interrupt.
10. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
(a) With his sister.
(b) With his brother.
(c) With his friend.
(d) With his nephew.
11. Why doesn't Camara's family member want to get too far ahead of the rest of the reapers?
(a) Because he's tired.
(b) Because he doesn't want them to take advantage of him.
(c) Because he doesn't want them to feel bad.
(d) Because he's too lazy.
12. Who do the older children take their frustration out on?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The younger children.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their parents.
13. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His oldest uncle.
(c) His youngest uncle.
(d) His nephew.
14. When do the reapers return to the village?
(a) At night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the evening.
15. What kind of a man is Lansana?
(a) He talks the whole time.
(b) He's loud.
(c) He's quiet.
(d) He's poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tindican in relation to Kouroussa?
2. Who do the children occasionally complain to when being taken advantage of?
3. What does Camara think about country people?
4. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated?
5. When does rice season occur in Tindican?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)