Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camara's mother displays what sort of attitude?
2. When is the douga sung?
(b) All the time.
(c) Only when gold work is presented.
(d) When evil spirits need to be set free.
3. Where does Camara wish he could be the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
(a) His mother's hut.
(b) His uncle's hut.
(c) His father's hut.
(d) His own hut.
4. What is the name of one particular apprentice Camara remembers?
5. Why is the snake which Camara finds special?
(a) Because it is the guiding spirit of his father.
(b) Because it is the guiding spirit of his mother.
(c) Because it is the guiding spirit of his uncle.
(d) Because it is the guiding spirit of the house.
6. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
(a) For special occasions.
(b) For no special reason.
(c) For decoration.
(d) For a friend.
7. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
(a) In their father's mother's hut.
(b) In their mother's mother's hut.
(c) In their father's hut.
(d) In their uncle's hut.
8. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He's loud.
(b) He's restless.
(c) He loves to sit still.
(d) He's quiet.
9. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
10. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
11. What is the name of Kouyate's sister?
12. Who is always present when Camara's father works with gold?
(a) A new snake.
(b) The black snake.
(c) Camara's mother.
(d) A black cat.
13. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
(c) Black and yellow.
14. One day, some men come and ask Camara's mother to get a certain animal back on its feet. What kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A pig.
15. What do the reapers use to do their work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
2. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
3. What does Camara do when the reapers need water?
4. Why does Camara feel self-conscious in his school clothes while in Tindican?
5. Who are the reapers for the rice harvest?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)