|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara love to do in the evenings while in Tindican?
(a) He loves to sing with the whole family.
(b) He loves to sit outside.
(c) He loves to sit with the whole family and yell at everyone.
(d) He loves to sit with the whole family and study everyone.
2. Where does Camara wish he could be the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
(a) His own hut.
(b) His mother's hut.
(c) His uncle's hut.
(d) His father's hut.
3. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
(a) For no special reason.
(b) For a friend.
(c) For special occasions.
(d) For decoration.
4. What do the reapers use to do their work?
5. What is the color of the special snake Camara finds one day?
(b) Black and yellow.
6. Camara's mother displays what sort of attitude?
7. What does Camara's school teacher do?
(a) He beats the students.
(b) He is nice to the students.
(c) He hugs the students.
(d) He laughs at the students.
8. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bird.
9. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
(a) Close to a farm.
(b) Close to a river.
(c) Close to a busy road.
(d) Close to a railroad.
10. What color is Camara's school uniform?
11. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
(a) Small and thin.
(c) Big and tall.
12. What does Camara's grandmother's hut look like?
(b) Full of stuff.
13. Who do the older children take their frustration out on?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their friends.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The younger children.
14. What kind of a man is Lansana's twin brother?
(a) He loves to sit still.
(b) He's quiet.
(c) He's restless.
(d) He's loud.
15. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
(a) In their father's mother's hut.
(b) In their uncle's hut.
(c) In their father's hut.
(d) In their mother's mother's hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepares the food in Camara's house?
2. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
3. Why do the reapers not compete with each other?
4. What does Camara do at the end of the meals?
5. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)