|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's grandmother always do as soon as he arrives?
(a) Wash his head.
(b) Praise him.
(c) Massage his feet.
(d) Wash him from head to foot.
2. What do many people think of country folk?
(a) That they are unhealthy.
(b) That they are uncivilized and coarse.
(c) That they are strong.
(d) That they are civilized and coarse.
3. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
(a) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(b) A normal member of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(c) A representative of all the villagers who come to the shop with silver.
(d) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with gold.
4. Which member of Camara's family is a reaper?
(a) His youngest uncle.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His oldest uncle.
5. Some of Camara's brothers and sisters don't fit in his mother's hut. Where do they sleep?
(a) In their mother's mother's hut.
(b) In their uncle's hut.
(c) In their father's mother's hut.
(d) In their father's hut.
6. Why do people hang ears of corn on ropes?
(a) To keep them away from the neighbors.
(b) To keep them away from the pets.
(c) To keep them away from the farm animals.
(d) To keep them away from the children.
7. One day, some men come and ask Camara's mother to get a certain animal back on its feet. What kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pig.
(d) A sheep.
8. What is the name of one particular apprentice Camara remembers?
9. What does young Camara enjoy doing from the corner of the workshop?
(a) Talking to customers.
(b) Playing with fire.
(c) Watching the fire.
(d) Killing snakes.
10. Why does Camara's father send his children to school?
(a) To sing.
(b) To be treated like slaves.
(c) To play.
(d) To learn.
11. The students' parents have been unaware of the atmosphere surrounding Camara's school. What type of atmosphere has it been?
12. What does Camara do when he goes to the rice fields during harvest?
(a) He burns the stalks of rice.
(b) He brings the stalks of rice back to the village.
(c) He bundles the stalks of rice.
(d) He cuts the stalks of rice.
13. Why does Camara feel self-conscious in his school clothes while in Tindican?
(a) Because they look different from the other boys' clothes.
(b) Because they look similar to the other boys' clothes.
(c) Because they are expensive.
(d) Because they are uncomfortable.
14. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
(a) For special occasions.
(b) For decoration.
(c) For a friend.
(d) For no special reason.
15. When the special snake began to appear on a regular basis, what did it do?
(a) He helped Camara know the future.
(b) He helped Camara's mother know the future.
(c) He helped Camara's father know life's secrets.
(d) He helped Camara's father know the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
2. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
3. Who does Camara walk to school with when he is a child?
4. Where does Camara wish he could be the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
5. Why do parents send their children to Camara's father?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)