|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Camara feel self-conscious in his school clothes while in Tindican?
(a) Because they are expensive.
(b) Because they look similar to the other boys' clothes.
(c) Because they look different from the other boys' clothes.
(d) Because they are uncomfortable.
2. What do many people think of country folk?
(a) That they are strong.
(b) That they are uncivilized and coarse.
(c) That they are civilized and coarse.
(d) That they are unhealthy.
3. Who accompanies Camara to the airport?
(a) Camara's parents.
(b) Mamadou and Marie.
4. Where does Camara's grandmother store milk?
(a) In a calabash.
(b) In a jug.
(c) In a coconut.
(d) In a bowl.
5. Who gathers the boys to take them away for their teenage ritual?
(a) The fathers of the boys.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) The tom-tom player.
(d) The head of the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
2. Why does Camara's mother often get up in the middle of the night?
3. Where is the always present visitor located when Camara's father works with gold?
4. Why do all the apprentices and workers in the blacksmith shop turn their attention to the production of the trinket?
5. What kind of landscape does Camara see that he has never seen before while on the train to Conakry?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)