|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the tom-tom begin to beat for the rite of passage?
(a) As soon as everybody is awake.
(b) As soon as the sun rises.
(c) At noon.
(d) As soon as the sun sets.
2. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
3. Where is the always present visitor located when Camara's father works with gold?
(a) Under the work bench.
(b) Under the table.
(c) Under the sheepskin.
(d) On top of the sheepskin.
4. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
(c) A mouse.
(d) A reed.
5. What happens to Camara when he defies the order to not associate with Kouyate and his sister?
(a) His school books get stolen.
(b) His clothes are taken away.
(c) He's beaten.
(d) His lunch gets taken away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
2. Where are the boys led when the ritual procession finishes?
3. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
4. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
5. When do the young boys face the real test of circumcision?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)