|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Konden Diara?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A good spirit.
(c) A snake that eats little boys.
(d) A lion that eats little boys.
2. Why do parents send their children to Camara's father?
(a) To play music.
(b) To get paid.
(c) To observe his work.
(d) To work as an apprentice.
3. Who gathers the boys to take them away for their teenage ritual?
(a) The school teacher.
(b) The head of the village.
(c) The fathers of the boys.
(d) The tom-tom player.
4. What do many people think of country folk?
(a) That they are strong.
(b) That they are civilized and coarse.
(c) That they are uncivilized and coarse.
(d) That they are unhealthy.
5. What color is Camara's school uniform?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the long tunic that reaches to the heels but is split up the sides called?
2. Where is the always present visitor located when Camara's father works with gold?
3. How are Camara's father's apprentices treated?
4. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
5. When does the ritual procession around town finish?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)