|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
(a) He sings a song.
(b) He breathes unknown cantations.
(c) He is very quiet.
(d) He talks to his son.
2. Why do parents send their children to Camara's father?
(a) To work as an apprentice.
(b) To observe his work.
(c) To get paid.
(d) To play music.
3. Where does Camara's grandmother store milk?
(a) In a jug.
(b) In a bowl.
(c) In a coconut.
(d) In a calabash.
4. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She sits down.
(c) She trembles.
(d) She sighs.
5. What kind of a man is Lansana?
(a) He's poor.
(b) He's quiet.
(c) He's loud.
(d) He talks the whole time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of a preparatory ritual for gold work undertaken by Camara's father?
2. After the animal encounter in the forge, what does Camara like to yell to his mother?
3. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
4. Why do women who want a golden trinket hire a praise-singer to have the trinket made well and on time?
5. Where is Tindican in relation to Kouroussa?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)