|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself?
(a) Because he has special powers.
(b) Because he wants to make all the money.
(c) Because other people argue about this work.
(d) Because he's the boss.
2. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
(a) For a friend.
(b) For no special reason.
(c) For decoration.
(d) For special occasions.
3. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
(a) Close to a river.
(b) Close to a farm.
(c) Close to a railroad.
(d) Close to a busy road.
4. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
(a) A reed.
(c) A mouse.
5. After the animal encounter in the forge, what does Camara like to yell to his mother?
(a) "There's a snake!"
(b) "There's a rabbit!"
(c) "There are snakes!"
(d) "There's a mouse!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinating animal does young Camara see in his father's forge?
2. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
3. Why do women who want a golden trinket hire a praise-singer to have the trinket made well and on time?
4. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
5. Who is the douga reserved for?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)