|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Camara's father initially feel after the special snake's first appearance?
2. Why is the snake which Camara finds special?
(a) Because it is the guiding spirit of his mother.
(b) Because it is the guiding spirit of his father.
(c) Because it is the guiding spirit of the house.
(d) Because it is the guiding spirit of his uncle.
3. Who is the douga reserved for?
(a) For healthy men.
(b) For powerful men.
(c) For celebrated men.
(d) For happy men.
4. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
(a) He is very quiet.
(b) He talks to his son.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He breathes unknown cantations.
5. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
(a) A drum.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A harp.
(d) A violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does young Camara do in his father's forge?
2. Why do women want trinkets made out of gold?
3. Why does Camara assume that his father underwent the rituals of preparing to work with gold before he even stepped foot in the shop the morning of the woman's arrival with gold?
4. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
5. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)