|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the douga sung?
(a) Only when gold work is presented.
(b) When evil spirits need to be set free.
(c) All the time.
2. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
(a) He breathes unknown cantations.
(b) He talks to his son.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He is very quiet.
3. Who is the douga reserved for?
(a) For celebrated men.
(b) For healthy men.
(c) For powerful men.
(d) For happy men.
4. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
5. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
(a) A normal member of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(b) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with gold.
(c) A representative of all the women who come to the shop with silver.
(d) A representative of all the villagers who come to the shop with silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Camara's father always do the gold work himself?
2. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
3. How did the special snake first appear to Camara's father?
4. Why does Camara's father tell this story to his son?
5. Where does Camara wish he could be the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)