|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, some men come and ask Camara's mother to get a certain animal back on its feet. What kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A pig.
2. What do the older boys and men do after the procession?
(a) They stay out for the night.
(b) They drink and eat.
(c) They sing.
(d) They go home.
3. Camara's mother's presence maintains what during meal times?
(a) Order and tradition.
4. What is the first school Camara attends?
(a) The African school.
(b) The English school.
(c) The Koran school.
(d) The French school.
5. When does Camara leave home?
(a) When he's sixteen.
(b) When he's twelve.
(c) When he's fourteen.
(d) When he's fifteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's friend Kouyate look like?
2. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
3. When does Marie spend time at Mamadou's house?
4. How old is Camara in his earliest memories?
5. What does Camara's mother do right before he leaves home?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)