|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara love to do when Lansana's twin shows up in Tindican?
(a) Listen to his stories.
(b) Eat with him.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Walk with him.
2. What announces that the harvest has begun?
(a) The sound of a harp.
(b) The sound of a flute.
(c) The tom-tom.
(d) The tam-tam.
3. What does the woman do when the trinket is presented to her?
(a) She sits down.
(b) She trembles.
(c) She sighs.
(d) She laughs.
4. Why do women who want a golden trinket hire a praise-singer to have the trinket made well and on time?
(a) To act as a seller.
(b) To act as a priest.
(c) To act as a friend.
(d) To act as a go-between.
5. What is the job Camara's father practices?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tindican in relation to Kouroussa?
2. What instrument does the praise-singer pull out when singing the praises of Camara's father in chapter 2?
3. What does young Camara offer to the animal he sees in his father's forge?
4. When is the douga sung?
5. What does Camara know about the harvest tradition?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)