|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hanging from the bombax trees and huts when the sun comes up after the Ceremony of the Lions?
(a) Black snakes.
(b) Black threads.
(c) White threads.
(d) White flowers.
2. What is the second school Camara attends?
(a) The Koran school.
(b) The English school.
(c) The African school.
(d) The French School.
3. Who is the praise-singer talking about in chapter 2?
(a) About people Camara has never heard about.
(b) About people Camara has sometimes heard about.
(c) About people Camara likes.
(d) About people Camara has heard all about.
4. What does Camara know about the harvest tradition?
(a) Not much.
(b) He learned much about the tradition.
(c) He understands where it comes from.
5. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican normally?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gathers the boys to take them away for their teenage ritual?
2. What do many people think of country folk?
3. What does Kouyate's father do as a profession?
4. When does the school teacher punish the students physically?
5. What color is Camara's school uniform?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)