|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color has Ackerman dyed his arm?
2. What event did the Running Magazine ask Thompson to cover?
3. What does Hunter detonate to celebrate Christmas Eve?
4. What does Hunter say drove him out of retirement?
5. Who does Hunter think may turn violent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three of Steadman's surf related pictures in this chapter?
2. What does Captain Steve say it is like to be captain-for-hire?
3. What do Hawaiians know about Lono's life?
4. What does Ralph complain about in this section?
5. Describe Ralph's drawing at the end of this section.
6. Why does Ralph refuse to go to South Shore?
7. Why is Hunter irritable?
8. How does Hunter report on the marathon in this section?
9. What role do Lono and Pele play in Hawaiian culture?
10. What does Ackerman tell Hunter about Hawaii?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hunter portray Cook in the book? How accurate is Hunter's representation of Cook? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 2
The Curse of Lono is a Gonzo Journalist piece. What are the mechanics of a Gonzo Journalism in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Hunter greatly influenced Gonzo journalism. Choose a journalist that you think was influenced by the book and discuss its similarities with the book in terms of the following:
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)