|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government organization did Gene use to work for?
2. What event did the Running Magazine ask Thompson to cover?
3. What does Hunter order from the hotel gift shop?
4. What kind of captain does Steve say he is?
5. Where is Hunter when a wave carries him off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gene and Hunter talk about in the car?
2. What does Hunter's fiancee tell him when they speak on the phone?
3. How does Hunter try to help Ralph's sleeping problems in this section?
4. How do the police calm Hunter's fears in this section?
5. Why do Ralph and Hunter start annoying Each other in this section?
6. Why does Hunter think it was a bad idea that he invited his son to Hawaii?
7. What does Ackerman tell Hunter about Hawaii?
8. What role do Lono and Pele play in Hawaiian culture?
9. How does Streadman depict Ackerman in his drawing?
10. How do women and children react to Captain Cook in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Hunter's main argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Hunter's argument?
Essay Topic 3
The Curse of Lono is a Gonzo Journalist piece. What are the mechanics of a Gonzo Journalism in terms of the following?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)