|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hawaiians call the current stormy weather?
2. What kind of sport does Hunter want his son to enjoy in Hawaii?
3. What is Hunter surrounded by as he drowns?
4. What has Skinner been hired as for the Honolulu Marathon?
5. What does Hunter give Ralph to eat when he can't sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph refuse to go to South Shore?
2. Why does Hunter regard Skinner as a friend?
3. What do Gene and Hunter talk about in the car?
4. Describe first two Steadman paintings in the book.
5. Why does Hunter think it was a bad idea that he invited his son to Hawaii?
6. Why do Ralph and Hunter start annoying Each other in this section?
7. Describe three of Steadman's surf related pictures in this chapter?
8. What do Hawaiians believe about Pele?
9. What do Hawaiians know about Lono's life?
10. How does Streadman depict Ackerman in his drawing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Gonzo journalism? In what way is the Curse of Lono an example of Gonzo Journalism?
Essay Topic 2
How influential has Hunter S. Thompson been as a writer and journalist? How did Thompson work his way up to success? How do people view Hunter's career in today's America?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against drugs use? What are Hunter's's opinions on drug use how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Hunter?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)