|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ackerman plan to mail the rest of crop?
(d) San Francisco.
2. What does Hunter say he stared down in this section?
(a) A shark.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A stray cat.
(d) The marlin.
3. Why has the hotel quarantined Rupert?
(a) He has rabies.
(b) He bit a tourist.
(c) He has worms.
(d) He has fleas.
4. Whose memorial do Ralph and his family hike to in this section?
(b) Wiliam Ellis's.
(c) Captain Cook's.
5. What did Hunter beat the marlin with?
(a) A samoan war club.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A cricket bat.
(d) A baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drug is Laila taking at the caretaker's cottage?
2. Who are the Hawaiians angry that Cook has detained?
3. What does Juan say there has been too much of in Hawaii?
4. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
5. What kind of fish did Steve promise Hunter they would catch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan think about his trip to Hawaii?
2. What is the story of the Law of the Splintered Oar?
3. What problems is Hunter causing the hotel in this section?
4. Why does Hunter flee to the City of Refuge?
5. How does King Kealakehua greet Captain Cook in this section?
6. Why does Captain Cook detain the Hawaiian king?
7. How does Hunter say he silenced the marlin in this section?
8. How does Ralph depict Steve in this section?
9. What was King Kamehameha's reputation?
10. Describe Ralph's picture that accompanies the Law of the Splintered Oar story.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)