|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunter say he stared down in this section?
(a) A stray cat.
(b) A shark.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) The marlin.
2. What kind of fish did Steve promise Hunter they would catch?
(a) A sword fish.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) A marlin.
(d) A shark.
3. What kind of animal does Ralph have to take care of in this section?
(a) A cat.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Ralph alter the picture of Captain Cook in this section?
(a) His gives him Chinese eyes and a beard.
(b) He gives him face paint and horns.
(c) He gives him sunglasses and a Viking hat.
(d) He gives him a long nose and glasses.
5. Who does Hunter write to about capturing a fish?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drug is Laila taking at the caretaker's cottage?
2. What kind of fruit sits on the diving board in Ralph's picture?
3. Who is paying for the hotel Hunter is staying at?
4. What kind of reception does Captain Cook get from the Hawaiians in this section?
5. Who does Ackerman kick into the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunter celebrate Christmas Eve in this section?
2. How do Hunter and Ackerman fool the doctor in this section?
3. How does Hunter scare the crowd at the weigh in?
4. Describe Ralph's picture that accompanies the Law of the Splintered Oar story.
5. Describe the picture at the end of A Dog Took My place.
6. How has Kona changed when Hunter returns?
7. Why does Captain Cook detain the Hawaiian king?
8. Why does Hunter become paranoid in this section?
9. What does Juan think about his trip to Hawaii?
10. Why does Hunter flee to the City of Refuge?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)