|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fire become a symbol of in this section?
(a) Hope and survival.
(b) Death and hate.
(c) Love and peace.
(d) Heaven and hell.
2. What does the local caretaker try to con Hunter into buying?
(a) A rowing boat.
(b) A yacht.
(c) A raft.
(d) A tin boat.
3. What did Ackerman have stolen from him in South Point?
(a) His opium crop.
(b) His helicopter.
(c) His marijuana crop.
(d) His truck.
4. What sport does Hunter take up in this section?
5. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(a) North Point.
(c) Loving it.
(d) South Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Ackerman decide to use when the weather worsens?
2. What kind of life does Hunter say he has fallen into at the Kona Inn?
3. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
4. Who is paying for the hotel Hunter is staying at?
5. Where is Ralph and his family taking a plane to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunter say he silenced the marlin in this section?
2. What is the story of the Law of the Splintered Oar?
3. What problems does Hunter have at the beginning of the ninth section?
4. How do Hunter and Ackerman fool the doctor in this section?
5. What is Ralph and his family's new plan?
6. Why does Hunter become paranoid in this section?
7. Describe Ralph's picture that accompanies the Law of the Splintered Oar story.
8. How does Hunter celebrate Christmas Eve in this section?
9. What problems is Hunter causing the hotel in this section?
10. How does King Kealakehua greet Captain Cook in this section?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)