|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gene disappointed to hear that Hunter does not have?
(a) A car.
(c) A typewriter.
2. What does Hunter compare the runner's footfalls to?
(a) A gun's silencer.
(b) A whispering engine.
(d) The bang of an old revolver.
3. What kind of accommodation do Hunter and Ralph find at the retreat?
4. What is the name of the bar where Hunter meets Ralph?
(a) The Hula Hula.
(b) The Lu-Lu Lounge.
(c) The Hoopla Bar.
(d) The Ho-Ho Lounge.
5. Where is Hunter when a wave carries him off?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The garage.
(c) The front porch.
(d) His bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the third chapter?
2. What does Hunter share with Ackerman?
3. Who is drowning in Ralph's picture at the end of this section?
4. What is the title of the final chapter in this section?
5. What is printed on the t-shirts of every runner that finishes the marathon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunter try to anger the bartender in this section?
2. What does Ralph complain about in this section?
3. Why does Ralph refuse to go to South Shore?
4. Describe the opening setting in the Fire and Nuts chapter?
5. Why does Hunter think it was a bad idea that he invited his son to Hawaii?
6. Describe first two Steadman paintings in the book.
7. What do Hawaiians believe about Pele?
8. How does Hunter S. Thompson come in possession of a Samoan War Club?
9. How does Streadman depict Ackerman in his drawing?
10. What does Hunter's fiancee tell him when they speak on the phone?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)