|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the women and children do whenever Captain Cook passed them?
(b) Jumped on his back.
(c) Fell to their knees.
2. What event did the Running Magazine ask Thompson to cover?
(a) The Honolulu Marathon.
(b) The Kipling Cake Race.
(c) The Captain Cook Boat Race.
(d) The New York Marathon.
3. What does Steve suggest he and Hunter should do?
4. What has Skinner been hired as for the Honolulu Marathon?
(a) A starter.
(b) A writer.
(c) A soundman.
(d) A photographer.
5. What is the color of the wave curling over the ocean in Ralph's picture?
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose behalf does Hunter fight in this section?
2. What kind of sport does Hunter want his son to enjoy in Hawaii?
3. How did Ralph injure his back?
4. Who do Hunter and Gene shout abuse at in this section?
5. What is the name of the bar where Hunter meets Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the makahiki games founded?
2. How does Hunter S. Thompson come in possession of a Samoan War Club?
3. What does Ralph complain about in this section?
4. Describe first two Steadman paintings in the book.
5. What do Gene and Hunter talk about in the car?
6. Why is Hunter irritable?
7. How does Streadman depict Ackerman in his drawing?
8. How does Hunter report on the marathon in this section?
9. What does Hunter observe about the marathon in this section?
10. What role do Lono and Pele play in Hawaiian culture?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)