|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hunter want to run the first three miles of the marathon?
(b) Power walking.
2. What does Hunter think could inflame Hawaii's racial tension?
(a) The return of Lono.
(b) Gonzo journalism.
(c) The weather.
3. What is annoying Ralph about Hunter?
(a) His sarcasm.
(b) His football obsession.
(c) His drug intake.
(d) His lack of a work ethic.
4. What do Gene and Ralph argue about?
5. Why does Ralph want to go to Kona?
(a) To draw.
(b) To recover.
(c) To research.
(d) To buy gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gene kill on the way to the hotel?
2. Who did Hunter ask to join him on the assignment?
3. Whose two paintings open the book?
4. Who is drowning in Ralph's picture at the end of this section?
5. What room do Ralph and his family sleep in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ralph's drawing at the end of this section.
2. What does Ackerman tell Hunter about Hawaii?
3. Why does Hunter think it was a bad idea that he invited his son to Hawaii?
4. How does Hunter try to anger the bartender in this section?
5. Why does Ralph refuse to go to South Shore?
6. How do the police calm Hunter's fears in this section?
7. How do women and children react to Captain Cook in this section?
8. How were the makahiki games founded?
9. Describe three of Steadman's surf related pictures in this chapter?
10. How does Hunter report on the marathon in this section?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)