|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far along is Maria's pregnancy in "Part 5 Christendom, pages 275-306"?
2. Who continues to reference Nathan's book, causing him to be unable to forget things he wishes to forget?
3. What does Sarah call Nathan?
4. Maria believes that ____________ is a sanctuary and escape from her present unhappy marriage.
5. What is Henry cast as in one of Nathan's books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nathan and Jimmy on the airplane?
2. What does Henry learn to stop doing in his life?
3. Discuss Maria's birthday.
4. Compare Nathan's reaction to taking heart medication with that of Henry's reaction.
5. Discuss the encounter Henry has with Nathan's third wife.
6. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
7. What does Jimmy tell Nathan he is joking about? What does Jimmy tell Nathan about his plans?
8. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him on the airplane?
9. What does Henry find in Nathan's apartment?
10. What happens during refreshments and conversation at church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are character descriptions used in order to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Henry's relationship with a woman named Maria with Nathan's relationship with a woman named Maria.
Essay Topic 3
Religious differences are heavily shown in the novel. How is this shown? What is the significance of this in the novel?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)