|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Sarah label as anti-semitic?
2. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
3. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
4. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
5. What does Henry learn Nathan has written about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the letter Nathan writes to Henry on the airplane.
2. What are Maria's thoughts on being married so young?
3. What does Jimmy tell Nathan he is joking about? What does Jimmy tell Nathan about his plans?
4. What do Henry and Maria do with Nathan's manuscript?
5. What are Jimmy Ben-Joseph's plans on the airplane?
6. Discuss Maria's dream and the meaning of it.
7. What happens when Nathan changes seats on the airplane?
8. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
9. Discuss Maria's mother.
10. What does Nathan do while in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following certain versions of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Jewish religion with that of the Christian religion based on what is discussed in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Nathan and Henry and the role it has in the story.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)