|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him?
2. What do the people in Maria's dream shout to her?
3. Where does Nathan attend a Christmas church service in Part 5?
4. What is Nathan cast as in one of his books?
5. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Nathan's reaction to taking heart medication with that of Henry's reaction.
2. What do Nathan's fans want to know about Nathan's books?
3. Discuss the relationship between Nathan and Maria.
4. What happens during refreshments and conversation at church?
5. What are Henry's thoughts during Nathan's funeral?
6. Discuss Maria's mother.
7. What do Henry and Maria do with Nathan's manuscript?
8. What does Sarah inform Nathan about her mother?
9. Discuss Maria's birthday.
10. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Religious differences are heavily shown in the novel. How is this shown? What is the significance of this in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Jews is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Jews, and what are the effects of this?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)