|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Nathan in "Part 2 Judea, pages 66-83"?
2. What is Henry's relation to Nathan?
3. Nathan says he knows the Hebrew words for _________________.
(a) Boy and girl.
(b) Hello and goodbye.
(c) Hungry and thirsty.
(d) Yes and no.
4. Who says their life in New Jersey was pointless and misdirected?
5. What causes Henry to become depressed?
(a) His impotence.
(b) His job loss.
(c) A death in the family.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Henry on the walk he takes with Nathan?
2. When Nathan mentions Henry's children, what word best describes Henry's response?
3. What is the name Henry takes on as his own while at the settlement?
4. What is Nathan encouraged to participate in?
5. Whom does Henry telephone in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Nathan's thoughts on dinner at Lippman's?
2. Discuss the conversation between Nathan and Henry's daughter.
3. What does Nathan believe to be the reasons for Henry's death?
4. Discuss Nathan's visit to Israel in 1960.
5. What are Nathan's thoughts during Henry's funeral?
6. Discuss Nathan's encounter with the woman with an American accent.
7. What is Henry's behavior when he goes on a walk with Nathan?
8. Discuss Henry's love life and who is involved.
9. What is discussed during the dinner at Lippman's?
10. What are Shuki's thoughts on Nathan meeting Lippman?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)