|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once considered moving to Switzerland?
2. What does Maria judge herself against?
(a) Celebrities in magazines.
(b) Nathan's ex-wives.
(c) Nathan's mistresses.
(d) Nathan's fiction.
3. What does Nathan believe to look "unholy"?
(a) The Jewish sinogauge.
(b) The Jewish community.
(c) Shuki's home.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
4. How long did Henry and Wendy know each other before their affair started?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
5. What does Henry find surprising about Maria?
(a) Maria celebrate Hanukah.
(b) Maria celebrates Christmas.
(c) Maria is German.
(d) Maria is Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests going to an area where Arabs and Jews live peacefully?
2. What does Nathan wish he had been able to dissuade Henry from doing?
3. What does Carol notice about Henry after he has surgery?
4. What does Nathan think he should have told Lippman at dinner?
5. Whom does Nathan meet while returning to the settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nathan's experience while in Henry's Hebrew class?
2. What does Nathan believe to be the reasons for Henry's death?
3. Why does Henry leave town? Where does he go?
4. Why does Nathan want to be married to Maria?
5. Who is Henry Zuckerman? What is he diagnosed with?
6. Discuss the insults Nathan and Henry give each other during their argument.
7. Discuss the conversation between Nathan and Henry's daughter.
8. Discuss the place Nathan and Henry visit.
9. What do Nathan and Henry discuss after dinner at Lippman's?
10. Discuss what happens when Nathan and Lippman first meet.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)