|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of Nathan's Jewish memories?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) His third wife.
(c) His second wife.
(d) His first wife.
2. Who is shocked after the dinner at Lippman's?
3. When Nathan mentions Henry's children, what word best describes Henry's response?
4. What does Nathan think the affair Henry had with Wendy caused him to do?
(a) To try and find more meaning in life.
(b) To become a fanatic.
(c) To become depressed.
(d) To go crazy.
5. Who tries to convince Nathan to remain in Israel?
(a) Mr. Elchanan.
(b) The prime minister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathan compares Lippman to ______________.
2. Who is Maria?
3. What term does Henry use when speaking of Jew versus Arab?
4. Who asks Nathan if he has any frame of reference besides New Jersey?
5. Who delivers the eulogy at Henry's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nathan compares his father to Lippman?
2. Discuss Maria's divorce.
3. Discuss the conversation between Nathan and Henry's daughter.
4. Discuss Henry's love life and who is involved.
5. What is Nathan's experience while in Henry's Hebrew class?
6. Whom does Nathan notice at Henry's funeral?
7. What do Nathan and Henry discuss after dinner at Lippman's?
8. What are Shuki's thoughts on Nathan meeting Lippman?
9. Who is Jimmy Ben-Joseph? Why does he like Nathan's writing?
10. Discuss Nathan's visit to Israel in 1960.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)