|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Henry bribe with friendly words and cash?
(a) His landlord.
(b) Wendy's landlord.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Nathan's landlord.
2. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
3. Maria believes that ____________ is a sanctuary and escape from her present unhappy marriage.
(a) The church.
4. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A grenade and a pistol.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A Jewish pendant.
5. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His trip to Israel.
(b) His hosue rennovations.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His affair.
6. Where does Carol refuse to send her children?
(d) The United States.
7. Who feels "under pressure"?
(a) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
8. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
(a) Reading a Jewish prayer book and eating candy bars.
(b) Eating candy bars and reading a technology magazine.
(c) Reading a terrorist magazine.
(d) Listening to music.
9. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
(a) Draft #3.
(b) Final draft.
(c) Draft #2.
(d) Draft #4.
10. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
(c) My heart.
(d) The problem.
11. Where does Nathan attend a Christmas church service in Part 5?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
12. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
(a) The stuardess.
(d) The pilot.
13. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A pig.
(b) A bastard.
(c) A moral guinea pig.
(d) A jerk.
14. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
(a) If she becomes ugly.
(b) If she becomes fat.
(c) If she becomes pregnant.
(d) If she is too ordinary for him.
15. Nathan's fictional English wife has the same name as ______________.
(a) Henry's wife, Carol.
(b) Henry's daughter.
(c) Henry's Italian mistress.
(d) Henry's Swedish mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jimmy believes that the Jewish people are being held back by ______________.
2. Who has Maria never dated?
3. Who tells Nathan that his plans for surgery are foolish?
4. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
5. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)