|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Nathan attend a Christmas church service?
(b) Maria and Phoebe.
(c) Henry and Maria.
2. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His trip to Israel.
(b) His hosue rennovations.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His affair.
3. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
(a) Reading a Jewish prayer book and eating candy bars.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Eating candy bars and reading a technology magazine.
(d) Reading a terrorist magazine.
4. Who feels "under pressure"?
(a) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
5. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Go to church with her.
(b) Have a child with her.
(c) Live with her.
(d) Divorce her.
6. What does Henry attend in New York?
(a) A rally.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) Nathan's funeral.
7. Who is said to verbally attack people?
(a) Maria's mother.
8. Nathan's fictional English wife has the same name as ______________.
(a) Henry's Swedish mistress.
(b) Henry's wife, Carol.
(c) Henry's Italian mistress.
(d) Henry's daughter.
9. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
(d) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
10. What does Henry believe Nathan's book makes their family appear to be?
11. Maria believes she is too ___ to be Nathan's type.
12. Where does Carol refuse to send her children?
(b) The United States.
13. According to Maria, who does not stay married for long?
14. Who causes Henry to remember what caused the rift between Nathan and himself?
(a) Nathan's editor.
(c) Nathan's third wife.
(d) Nathan's first wife.
15. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
(a) Provide for him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry feel he was never able to do?
2. Who doubts they have the potential for a career of their own?
3. Maria believes that ____________ is a sanctuary and escape from her present unhappy marriage.
4. Whose temptations differ from Henry's after being put on heart medication?
5. Jimmy believes that the Jewish people are being held back by ______________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)