|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
(a) He grew up in New Jersey.
(b) He is married.
(c) Jimmy Ben-Joseph has something to live for.
(d) There are armed security personnel on the plane.
2. Nathan flew out of the airport in __________.
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Tel Aviv.
3. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
(a) Draft #3.
(b) Draft #4.
(c) Draft #2.
(d) Final draft.
4. What do the passengers on the airplane notice about Jimmy?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) His odd behavior and loud speech.
(d) He is loud.
5. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
(b) Carol and Wendy.
(d) Maria and Phoebe.
6. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
(a) The stuardess.
(c) The pilot.
7. What word best describes Georgina?
8. Whom does Sarah label as anti-semitic?
(a) Her mother.
9. According to Maria, who does not stay married for long?
10. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
(a) Nathan's apartment building.
(b) The park.
(c) A pond.
(d) Wendy's house.
11. Whose unhappy marriage and divorce does Nathan think about while in church?
(a) Maria's parents.
(b) His parents.
(d) Henry and Carol.
12. Who wrote Nathan's eulogy?
(b) Nathan's editor.
13. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
14. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Live with her.
(b) Have a child with her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Divorce her.
15. Where does Nathan leave Henry in Part 5?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry attend in New York?
2. What does Henry feel he was never able to do?
3. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
4. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
5. Whose letter annoys Nathan?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)