|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maria, who does not stay married for long?
2. Who feels "under pressure"?
(c) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
3. Who is said to verbally attack people?
(a) Maria's mother.
4. Where does Nathan attend a Christmas church service in Part 5?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
5. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
6. Whose remarks trouble Nathan?
(a) Maria's mother's remarks.
(b) Maria's remarks.
(c) Sarah's remarks.
(d) Georgina's remarks.
7. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
(a) His landlord.
8. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Live with her.
(b) Have a child with her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Divorce her.
9. Who says Maria's Jewish friend smells?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
10. Who approaches Nathan in church?
(d) Maria's mother.
11. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) An airplane.
(b) His house.
(c) A park.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
12. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
(a) He grew up in New Jersey.
(b) He is married.
(c) There are armed security personnel on the plane.
(d) Jimmy Ben-Joseph has something to live for.
13. Who causes Henry to remember what caused the rift between Nathan and himself?
(a) Nathan's third wife.
(b) Nathan's editor.
(c) Nathan's first wife.
14. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A moral guinea pig.
(b) A jerk.
(c) A bastard.
(d) A pig.
15. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
(a) A love note.
(b) A hate note.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) A press statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
2. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
3. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
4. What word best describes Georgina?
5. Who doubts Henry has had a spiritual awakening?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)