|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
(a) The problem.
(b) My heart.
2. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
(a) Maria and Phoebe.
(c) Carol and Wendy.
3. Who reads verses from the Bible in church?
(b) Maria's mother.
4. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Live with her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Have a child with her.
5. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(b) Watch movies.
(c) Hijack the plane.
6. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
(d) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
7. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
(a) A grenade and a pistol.
(b) A grenade.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A Jewish pendant.
8. Whom does Henry encounter at Nathan's funeral?
(a) His mother.
(b) Nathan's third wife.
(c) Nathan's first wife.
(d) Nathan's second wife.
9. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A jerk.
(b) A pig.
(c) A moral guinea pig.
(d) A bastard.
10. Whose temptations differ from Henry's after being put on heart medication?
11. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
12. Who is embarrassed by Nathan's behavior in a restaurant?
13. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
(a) A press statement.
(b) A love note.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) A hate note.
14. Where does Nathan attend a Christmas church service in Part 5?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. What is Henry cast as in one of Nathan's books?
(a) A lover.
(b) Defender of his father.
(c) A terrorist.
(d) Assassin of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
2. Whose unhappy marriage and divorce does Nathan think about while in church?
3. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
4. Who has Maria never dated?
5. What does Henry attend in New York?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)