|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads verses from the Bible in church?
(b) Maria's mother.
2. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
(a) If she is too ordinary for him.
(b) If she becomes fat.
(c) If she becomes pregnant.
(d) If she becomes ugly.
3. What is Nathan cast as in one of his books?
(a) A lover.
(b) Defender of his father.
(c) Assassin of his father.
(d) A terrorist.
4. Where does Nathan attend a Christmas church service in Part 5?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(a) Bad times.
(c) Health conditions.
6. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
(d) His landlord.
7. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A pig.
(b) A jerk.
(c) A bastard.
(d) A moral guinea pig.
8. Who has Maria never dated?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A younger man.
(c) An older man.
(d) A Christian.
9. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is having diffulty breathing.
(d) He is nervous.
10. What does Maria say that green and tweed are obvious symbols for?
(a) England and happiness.
(b) England and her English husband.
(c) Grass and good fortune.
(d) Luck and happiness.
11. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) A press statement.
(c) A love note.
(d) A hate note.
12. Who continues to reference Nathan's book, causing him to be unable to forget things he wishes to forget?
(a) Nathan's eulogist.
(b) Nathan's first wife.
(d) Nathan's third wife.
13. How far along is Maria's pregnancy in "Part 5 Christendom, pages 275-306"?
(a) Five months.
(b) One month.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
14. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
(a) He grew up in New Jersey.
(b) There are armed security personnel on the plane.
(c) He is married.
(d) Jimmy Ben-Joseph has something to live for.
15. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(a) Hijack the plane.
(d) Watch movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
2. Whom does Henry bribe with friendly words and cash?
3. What does Henry learn Nathan has written about?
4. Who feels "under pressure"?
5. Where does Nathan leave Henry in Part 5?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)