|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
(a) A heavy man.
(b) A bearded man.
(c) A hairless man.
(d) A skinny man.
2. What is Henry asked to do but is unable to do?
(a) Visit Nathan.
(b) Write Nathan's eulogy.
(d) Bury Nathan.
3. What does Maria say that green and tweed are obvious symbols for?
(a) Grass and good fortune.
(b) England and her English husband.
(c) England and happiness.
(d) Luck and happiness.
4. Maria believes she is too ___ to be Nathan's type.
5. What does Nathan find interesting about Lippman?
(a) His background.
(b) His education.
(c) His eagerness.
(d) His showmanship.
6. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) The Wailing Wall.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A park.
(d) His house.
7. How far along is Maria's pregnancy in "Part 5 Christendom, pages 275-306"?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four months.
8. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
9. Who doubts they have the potential for a career of their own?
10. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(a) Watch movies.
(d) Hijack the plane.
11. Whom does Sarah label as anti-semitic?
(a) Her mother.
12. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A pig.
(b) A moral guinea pig.
(c) A bastard.
(d) A jerk.
13. What does Henry attend in New York?
(a) A rally.
(b) Nathan's funeral.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A baseball game.
14. What does Henry believe Nathan's book makes their family appear to be?
15. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
(c) The stuardess.
(d) The pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
2. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
3. Whose remarks trouble Nathan?
4. What type of corner does Nathan find in church?
5. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)