|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Henry encounter at Nathan's funeral?
(a) Nathan's second wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) Nathan's first wife.
(d) Nathan's third wife.
2. Who is criticized in a restaurant?
3. What does Henry consider to be too risky to throw away in Manhattan?
(a) His wallet.
(b) Nathan's eulogy.
(c) His diary.
(d) Nathan's papers.
4. What do Nathan and Maria celebrate after church?
(a) Henry's birthday.
(b) Nathan's birthday.
(c) Valentine's day.
(d) Maria's birthday.
5. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
(b) The pilot.
(c) The stuardess.
6. Who has Maria never dated?
(a) A Jew.
(b) An older man.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A younger man.
7. What do readers want to know about Nathan's books?
(a) If they're expensive.
(b) If they're worth reading.
(c) If they're worth money.
(d) If they're fact or fiction.
8. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
(b) His landlord.
9. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
(a) If she becomes fat.
(b) If she is too ordinary for him.
(c) If she becomes pregnant.
(d) If she becomes ugly.
10. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
11. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(b) Bad times.
(c) Health conditions.
12. What place does Jimmy Ben-Joseph want to have closed?
(a) A Hebrew college.
(b) An Israeli museum.
(c) A Jewish synogogue.
(d) A baseball stadium.
13. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
(a) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
14. Who doubts Henry has had a spiritual awakening?
15. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(b) Hijack the plane.
(d) Watch movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose remarks trouble Nathan?
2. Where does Nathan leave Henry in Part 5?
3. What is Henry asked to do but is unable to do?
4. What do the passengers on the airplane notice about Jimmy?
5. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)