|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
(b) My heart.
(c) The problem.
2. Whom does Henry encounter at Nathan's funeral?
(a) Nathan's third wife.
(b) Nathan's first wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) Nathan's second wife.
3. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
(a) Wendy's house.
(b) Nathan's apartment building.
(c) The park.
(d) A pond.
4. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
(b) The pilot.
(c) The stuardess.
5. Who is criticized in a restaurant?
6. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him?
(a) He is having diffulty breathing.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is unconscious.
7. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
(a) Reading a terrorist magazine.
(b) Reading a Jewish prayer book and eating candy bars.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Eating candy bars and reading a technology magazine.
8. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
(c) His landlord.
9. Who causes Henry to remember what caused the rift between Nathan and himself?
(b) Nathan's editor.
(c) Nathan's first wife.
(d) Nathan's third wife.
10. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Help him.
(d) Provide for him.
11. What copies of Nathan's manuscript does Henry search for?
(a) Draft#1 and Draft#3
(b) Draft #3 and Draft#4.
(c) Draft#2 and Draft#5.
(d) Draft #1 and Draft #2.
12. With whom does Nathan attend a Christmas church service?
(a) Henry and Maria.
(c) Maria and Phoebe.
13. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
(a) A bearded man.
(b) A heavy man.
(c) A skinny man.
(d) A hairless man.
14. What type of corner does Nathan find in church?
(a) A quiet corner.
(b) A musical corner.
(c) A happy corner.
(d) A calm corner.
15. What place does Jimmy Ben-Joseph want to have closed?
(a) An Israeli museum.
(b) A Jewish synogogue.
(c) A baseball stadium.
(d) A Hebrew college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathan flew out of the airport in __________.
2. What word best describes Georgina?
3. What does Nathan find interesting about Lippman?
4. Maria believes she is too ___ to be Nathan's type.
5. What is Henry asked to do but is unable to do?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)