|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he throws away Nathan's papers?
2. Whom does Sarah label as anti-semitic?
(a) Her mother.
3. Whose letter annoys Nathan?
4. Jimmy believes that the Jewish people are being held back by ______________.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
5. Who is pregnant in Part 5?
6. What does Henry consider to be too risky to throw away in Manhattan?
(a) Nathan's eulogy.
(b) His diary.
(c) His wallet.
(d) Nathan's papers.
7. What do Nathan and Maria celebrate after church?
(a) Nathan's birthday.
(b) Henry's birthday.
(c) Valentine's day.
(d) Maria's birthday.
8. Who doubts Henry has had a spiritual awakening?
9. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
10. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) The Wailing Wall.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A park.
(d) His house.
11. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
(a) He is married.
(b) Jimmy Ben-Joseph has something to live for.
(c) There are armed security personnel on the plane.
(d) He grew up in New Jersey.
12. Whose temptations differ from Henry's after being put on heart medication?
13. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
(a) If she becomes ugly.
(b) If she becomes pregnant.
(c) If she becomes fat.
(d) If she is too ordinary for him.
14. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
15. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
(c) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to reference Nathan's book, causing him to be unable to forget things he wishes to forget?
2. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
3. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
4. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
5. What does Henry attend in New York?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)