|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry asked to do but is unable to do?
(a) Bury Nathan.
(c) Write Nathan's eulogy.
(d) Visit Nathan.
2. Whose letter annoys Nathan?
3. What does Henry attend in New York?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) A rally.
(d) Nathan's funeral.
4. What does Henry do when he throws away Nathan's papers?
5. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A moral guinea pig.
(b) A pig.
(c) A jerk.
(d) A bastard.
6. Who doubts Henry has had a spiritual awakening?
7. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
8. Who doubts they have the potential for a career of their own?
9. Nathan's fictional English wife has the same name as ______________.
(a) Henry's wife, Carol.
(b) Henry's daughter.
(c) Henry's Italian mistress.
(d) Henry's Swedish mistress.
10. Who wrote Nathan's eulogy?
(c) Nathan's editor.
11. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
(a) If she becomes ugly.
(b) If she is too ordinary for him.
(c) If she becomes fat.
(d) If she becomes pregnant.
12. What will cause problems between Nathan and Maria's mother?
(a) Nathan trying to prevent the new baby from Maria's mother.
(b) Being the father to Maria's child.
(c) Marrying Maria.
(d) Nathan trying to prevent the new baby from being christened.
13. Maria believes she is too ___ to be Nathan's type.
14. What does Henry learn Nathan has written about?
(a) His first marriage.
(b) His childhood.
(c) Henry's extramarital affairs.
(d) His third marriage.
15. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(a) Watch movies.
(d) Hijack the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose remarks trouble Nathan?
2. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
3. What is Henry cast as in one of Nathan's books?
4. Who has Maria never dated?
5. Whom does Henry bribe with friendly words and cash?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)