|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does Jimmy Ben-Joseph want to have closed?
(a) A baseball stadium.
(b) A Jewish synogogue.
(c) An Israeli museum.
(d) A Hebrew college.
2. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Go to church with her.
(b) Live with her.
(c) Have a child with her.
(d) Divorce her.
3. What does Henry attend in New York?
(a) Nathan's funeral.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A rally.
4. Where does Nathan leave Henry in Part 5?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
5. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
(a) A press statement.
(b) A love note.
(c) A hate note.
(d) A suicide note.
6. What copies of Nathan's manuscript does Henry search for?
(a) Draft #3 and Draft#4.
(b) Draft#1 and Draft#3
(c) Draft #1 and Draft #2.
(d) Draft#2 and Draft#5.
7. What does Henry feel he was never able to do?
8. What type of corner does Nathan find in church?
(a) A quiet corner.
(b) A happy corner.
(c) A calm corner.
(d) A musical corner.
9. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
(a) Draft #4.
(b) Draft #2.
(c) Draft #3.
(d) Final draft.
10. What is Henry asked to do but is unable to do?
(a) Visit Nathan.
(c) Write Nathan's eulogy.
(d) Bury Nathan.
11. How far along is Maria's pregnancy in "Part 5 Christendom, pages 275-306"?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One month.
12. What does Henry learn Nathan has written about?
(a) Henry's extramarital affairs.
(b) His first marriage.
(c) His third marriage.
(d) His childhood.
13. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
14. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
(a) A Jewish pendant.
(b) A grenade.
(c) A grenade and a pistol.
(d) A pistol.
15. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
(a) He is married.
(b) He grew up in New Jersey.
(c) There are armed security personnel on the plane.
(d) Jimmy Ben-Joseph has something to live for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathan flew out of the airport in __________.
2. What does Nathan describe in a letter he writes on an airplane?
3. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
4. What does Sarah call Nathan?
5. Whom does Henry encounter at Nathan's funeral?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)