|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(b) Watch movies.
(d) Hijack the plane.
2. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His trip to Israel.
(b) His hosue rennovations.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His affair.
3. What is Henry cast as in one of Nathan's books?
(a) A lover.
(b) Assassin of his father.
(c) A terrorist.
(d) Defender of his father.
4. Who is pregnant in Part 5?
5. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A grenade and a pistol.
(c) A Jewish pendant.
(d) A pistol.
6. Who feels "under pressure"?
(d) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
7. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
8. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
(a) His landlord.
9. Whom does Sarah say insulting things about?
(b) Nathan and her family.
(d) Her family.
10. What does Maria say that green and tweed are obvious symbols for?
(a) England and happiness.
(b) Grass and good fortune.
(c) England and her English husband.
(d) Luck and happiness.
11. Whose remarks trouble Nathan?
(a) Maria's mother's remarks.
(b) Sarah's remarks.
(c) Georgina's remarks.
(d) Maria's remarks.
12. What do the passengers on the airplane notice about Jimmy?
(a) His odd behavior and loud speech.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is loud.
13. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(b) Bad times.
(c) Health conditions.
14. What does Nathan remind Jimmy Ben-Joseph of when on the plane?
(a) There are armed security personnel on the plane.
(b) Jimmy Ben-Joseph has something to live for.
(c) He grew up in New Jersey.
(d) He is married.
15. Who approaches Nathan in church?
(b) Maria's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria believes that ____________ is a sanctuary and escape from her present unhappy marriage.
2. What copies of Nathan's manuscript does Henry search for?
3. Who continues to reference Nathan's book, causing him to be unable to forget things he wishes to forget?
4. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
5. What does Nathan find interesting about Lippman?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)