|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doubts they have the potential for a career of their own?
2. What do people ask Maria and Nathan about while in church?
(a) Their affair.
(b) Their marriage.
(c) Their house rennovations.
(d) Their expected child.
3. What does Henry believe Nathan's book makes their family appear to be?
4. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
5. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) The Wailing Wall.
(b) A park.
(c) An airplane.
(d) His house.
6. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A Jewish pendant.
(c) A grenade and a pistol.
(d) A grenade.
7. What type of note does Jimmy Ben-Joseph show Henry?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) A press statement.
(c) A hate note.
(d) A love note.
8. What does Nathan inform Henry he has tried diligently to do?
(a) Bring Henry home.
(b) Kill Henry.
(c) Understand Henry's point of view.
(d) Help Henry.
9. Nathan's fictional English wife has the same name as ______________.
(a) Henry's Italian mistress.
(b) Henry's daughter.
(c) Henry's wife, Carol.
(d) Henry's Swedish mistress.
10. Who continues to reference Nathan's book, causing him to be unable to forget things he wishes to forget?
(a) Nathan's eulogist.
(b) Nathan's third wife.
(d) Nathan's first wife.
11. According to Maria, who does not stay married for long?
12. Whom does Nathan write a letter to while on an airplane?
13. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
(b) Maria and Phoebe.
(d) Carol and Wendy.
14. Jimmy believes that the Jewish people are being held back by ______________.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
15. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His hosue rennovations.
(c) His trip to Israel.
(d) His affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
2. What reason does Maria give for Nathan not loving her anymore?
3. Who causes Henry to remember what caused the rift between Nathan and himself?
4. What does Henry do when he throws away Nathan's papers?
5. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)