|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Nathan in church?
(d) Maria's mother.
2. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
(a) Eating candy bars and reading a technology magazine.
(b) Reading a terrorist magazine.
(c) Reading a Jewish prayer book and eating candy bars.
(d) Listening to music.
3. Whose letter annoys Nathan?
4. Maria believes she is too ___ to be Nathan's type.
5. What word best describes Georgina?
6. Who refuses to throw Nathan's manuscript away?
7. Who tells Nathan that his plans for surgery are foolish?
(b) His doctor.
8. What does Jimmy claim to have in his possession?
(a) A grenade and a pistol.
(b) A Jewish pendant.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A grenade.
9. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Go to church with her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Have a child with her.
(d) Live with her.
10. Who doubts Henry has had a spiritual awakening?
11. Who is pregnant in Part 5?
12. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
(c) My heart.
(d) The problem.
13. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His trip to Israel.
(b) His affair.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His hosue rennovations.
14. Who wrote Nathan's eulogy?
(a) Nathan's editor.
15. What do the passengers on the airplane notice about Jimmy?
(a) His odd behavior and loud speech.
(b) He is loud.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
2. Where does Carol refuse to send her children?
3. According to Maria, who does not stay married for long?
4. Whose temptations differ from Henry's after being put on heart medication?
5. What does Henry consider to be too risky to throw away in Manhattan?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)