|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry consider to be too risky to throw away in Manhattan?
(a) Nathan's eulogy.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His diary.
(d) Nathan's papers.
2. Whom does Sarah say insulting things about?
(b) Her family.
(c) Nathan and her family.
3. What does Nathan search for in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) Another seat.
(b) A drink.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A notebook.
4. Who wrote Nathan's eulogy?
(a) Nathan's editor.
5. Who is embarrassed by Nathan's behavior in a restaurant?
6. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
(a) Reading a terrorist magazine.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Eating candy bars and reading a technology magazine.
(d) Reading a Jewish prayer book and eating candy bars.
7. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
(b) Carol and Wendy.
(d) Maria and Phoebe.
8. Who is criticized in a restaurant?
9. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(a) Health conditions.
(b) Bad times.
10. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(a) Watch movies.
(b) Hijack the plane.
11. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Have a child with her.
(b) Live with her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Divorce her.
12. Who says Maria's Jewish friend smells?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
13. Who continues to reference Nathan's book, causing him to be unable to forget things he wishes to forget?
(a) Nathan's third wife.
(b) Nathan's eulogist.
(d) Nathan's first wife.
14. Who doubts Henry has had a spiritual awakening?
15. What place does Jimmy Ben-Joseph want to have closed?
(a) A Jewish synogogue.
(b) An Israeli museum.
(c) A baseball stadium.
(d) A Hebrew college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nathan's response when a stranger begins a conversation with him?
2. What word best describes Georgina?
3. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
4. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
5. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)