|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nathan and Maria celebrate after church?
(a) Henry's birthday.
(b) Maria's birthday.
(c) Nathan's birthday.
(d) Valentine's day.
2. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(a) Bad times.
(b) Health conditions.
3. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
(a) Nathan's apartment building.
(b) A pond.
(c) Wendy's house.
(d) The park.
4. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
(a) Help him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Provide for him.
5. Whose temptations differ from Henry's after being put on heart medication?
6. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
(b) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
7. What does Nathan find interesting about Lippman?
(a) His eagerness.
(b) His showmanship.
(c) His education.
(d) His background.
8. Who does Jimmy believe will help him in his plans on the airplane?
(a) The stuardess.
(b) The pilot.
9. Who is criticized in a restaurant?
10. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
(a) Watch movies.
(b) Hijack the plane.
11. What does Nathan inform Henry he has tried diligently to do?
(a) Understand Henry's point of view.
(b) Help Henry.
(c) Bring Henry home.
(d) Kill Henry.
12. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) An airplane.
(b) The Wailing Wall.
(c) A park.
(d) His house.
13. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
(a) The problem.
(c) My heart.
14. With whom does Nathan attend a Christmas church service?
(b) Maria and Phoebe.
(d) Henry and Maria.
15. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
(a) Draft #3.
(b) Final draft.
(c) Draft #2.
(d) Draft #4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What copies of Nathan's manuscript does Henry search for?
2. Who doubts they have the potential for a career of their own?
3. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
4. Whom does Henry bribe with friendly words and cash?
5. Where does Nathan leave Henry in Part 5?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)