|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah call Nathan?
(a) A pig.
(b) A bastard.
(c) A moral guinea pig.
(d) A jerk.
2. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
(a) Eating candy bars and reading a technology magazine.
(b) Reading a Jewish prayer book and eating candy bars.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Reading a terrorist magazine.
3. What type of corner does Nathan find in church?
(a) A quiet corner.
(b) A calm corner.
(c) A happy corner.
(d) A musical corner.
4. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His trip to Israel.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His affair.
(d) His hosue rennovations.
5. What does Henry consider to be too risky to throw away in Manhattan?
(a) Nathan's papers.
(b) Nathan's eulogy.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His diary.
6. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(a) Health conditions.
(c) Bad times.
7. Who doubts they have the potential for a career of their own?
8. Whom does Sarah label as anti-semitic?
(b) Her mother.
9. What does Nathan describe in a letter he writes on an airplane?
(a) Henry's medical condition.
(b) Henry's surgery.
(c) Henry's current state.
(d) Henry's children.
10. What do readers want to know about Nathan's books?
(a) If they're fact or fiction.
(b) If they're expensive.
(c) If they're worth reading.
(d) If they're worth money.
11. Who is embarrassed by Nathan's behavior in a restaurant?
12. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Provide for him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Help him.
13. What do people ask Maria and Nathan about while in church?
(a) Their affair.
(b) Their house rennovations.
(c) Their expected child.
(d) Their marriage.
14. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
(c) Maria and Phoebe.
(d) Carol and Wendy.
15. Who feels "under pressure"?
(c) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Jimmy Ben-Joseph want to have closed?
2. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
3. What is Nathan cast as in one of his books?
4. What does Henry believe Nathan's book makes their family appear to be?
5. Who wrote Nathan's eulogy?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)