|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Maria's Jewish friend smells?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
2. What does Henry attend in New York?
(a) Nathan's funeral.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A rally.
3. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Provide for him.
(c) Help him.
(d) Forgive him.
4. Where is Nathan in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163"?
(a) A park.
(b) His house.
(c) An airplane.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
5. What will cause problems between Nathan and Maria's mother?
(a) Marrying Maria.
(b) Nathan trying to prevent the new baby from being christened.
(c) Being the father to Maria's child.
(d) Nathan trying to prevent the new baby from Maria's mother.
6. Who causes Henry to remember what caused the rift between Nathan and himself?
(a) Nathan's third wife.
(b) Nathan's first wife.
(c) Nathan's editor.
7. What do Nathan and Maria celebrate after church?
(a) Henry's birthday.
(b) Maria's birthday.
(c) Valentine's day.
(d) Nathan's birthday.
8. According to Maria, who does not stay married for long?
9. What is Henry asked to do but is unable to do?
(a) Write Nathan's eulogy.
(c) Visit Nathan.
(d) Bury Nathan.
10. Where does Nathan leave Henry in Part 5?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
11. Who is revealed as the person sitting next to Nathan on an airplane?
(c) Jimmy Ben-Joseph.
12. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
(a) A heavy man.
(b) A skinny man.
(c) A bearded man.
(d) A hairless man.
13. What does Henry feel he was never able to do?
14. Who is said to verbally attack people?
(d) Maria's mother.
15. What do people ask Maria and Nathan about while in church?
(a) Their expected child.
(b) Their marriage.
(c) Their affair.
(d) Their house rennovations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry cast as in one of Nathan's books?
2. What does Henry learn Nathan has written about?
3. What is the first section of Nathan's manuscript titled?
4. Whom does Nathan begin to feel affection for in Part 4?
5. Jimmy believes that the Jewish people are being held back by ______________.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)