|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of surgery does Henry have?
(a) Back surgery.
(b) Stomach surgery.
(c) Bypass surgery.
(d) Lung surgery.
2. Who says their life in New Jersey was pointless and misdirected?
3. What does Lippman show Nathan when they speak?
(a) His music collection.
(b) His knife collection.
(c) His army badges.
(d) His book collection.
4. Who is Henry's wife?
5. Whom does Henry telephone in Part 1?
6. Who is Maria's daughter?
7. What is the name Henry takes on as his own while at the settlement?
8. If baseball were in Israel, who/what would come?
(a) The messiah.
(b) A rain storm.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) The devil.
9. What is Nathan berated for by a Hebrew student?
(a) His writing.
(b) Having never been to Israel before.
(c) His lack of communication.
(d) Having visited Israel only twice.
10. Whose argument at a dinner party is considered out of character?
11. What is Henry's profession?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A clerk.
12. Who is too shaken to deliver a eulogy?
13. What does Nathan tell Henry he is becoming?
(a) An unruly Jew.
(b) A stubborn Jew.
(c) A fanatical Jew.
(d) A decadent Jew.
14. What does Nathan attempt to write?
(a) A eulogy.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A new novel.
(d) A television show.
15. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph believe is the main thing missing from Israel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Nathan mentions the telephone call he had with Henry's daughter?
2. Whom does Henry criticize for not resolving the situation between the Arabs and the Jews?
3. Who delivers the eulogy at Henry's funeral?
4. What is Henry's relation to Nathan?
5. Whom does Nathan have lunch with during his first visit to Israel?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)