|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan worry may have killed Nathan?
(a) Being a Jew.
(b) Being married.
(c) Being depressed.
(d) Being a cheater.
2. What is the name Henry takes on as his own while at the settlement?
3. Who is Maria's daughter?
4. How many years ago did Nathan visit Israel before his trip in "Part 2 Judea, pages 50-66"?
5. What type of accent does a woman Nathan encounters in Israel have?
6. Who refuses to answer questions about their life choices?
7. If baseball were in Israel, who/what would come?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The devil.
(c) The messiah.
(d) A rain storm.
8. What is Nathan encouraged to participate in?
(a) The Jewish community.
(c) Serving dinner.
(d) Religious observances.
9. Where does Nathan finally find Henry?
(a) In Hebrew class.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) His the dining hall.
(d) In the garden.
10. Nathan believes that _________________ is right in suspecting that Henry became crazy after his surgery.
11. What does Nathan attempt to write?
(a) A television show.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A new novel.
(d) A eulogy.
12. What type of woman does Maria worry she is?
(a) Too ugly.
(b) Too fat.
(c) Too ordinary.
(d) Too insensitive.
13. Henry Zuckerman is diagnosed with ___________.
(a) A heart problem.
14. What side effect does Henry's medicine produce?
(a) Low blood sugar.
(c) Heart palpitations.
(d) High blood sugar.
15. Who is Maria?
(a) Henry's mistress.
(b) Henry's sister.
(c) Henry's neighbor.
(d) Henry's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's response when Nathan mentions the telephone call he had with Henry's daughter?
2. Whom does Nathan believe to be an overly theatrical front-line soldier?
3. What does Henry feel without his children near?
4. Nathan says he knows the Hebrew words for _________________.
5. What is tied to growing up in New Jersey for Nathan?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)