|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Gloustershire, pages 220-254.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nathan's response when a stranger begins a conversation with him?
(a) He tries to halt the conversation.
(b) He joins in the conversation.
(c) He laughs at the stranger.
(d) He yells at the stranger.
2. What does Maria judge herself against?
(a) Nathan's mistresses.
(b) Nathan's fiction.
(c) Celebrities in magazines.
(d) Nathan's ex-wives.
3. What does Henry consider to be too risky to throw away in Manhattan?
(a) Nathan's papers.
(b) Nathan's eulogy.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His diary.
4. What does Nathan warn Henry about?
(b) Bad times.
(c) Health conditions.
5. What type of woman does Maria worry she is?
(a) Too ugly.
(b) Too fat.
(c) Too ordinary.
(d) Too insensitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
2. Whose argument at a dinner party is considered out of character?
3. What is the name of Nathan's manuscript that Henry finds?
4. What does Nathan describe in a letter he writes on an airplane?
5. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)