Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
2. Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
3. Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel? How does the novel fall into this theme?
4. Surgery is a strong foil in the story. How does surgery prove to be a foil, and what are the consequences of this foil?
5. Discuss and describe the relationship between Nathan and Henry and the role it has...
This section contains 512 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)