|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amendment 14, Section 2 (1868) states that if any state takes away the right to vote from individuals meeting which of the following requirements, the number of representatives for that state may be reduced in proportion to those persons not allowed to vote?
2. Inheritance, corporations, laws concerning education, marriage and divorce all are under the jurisdiction of what government?
3. A citizen may not be unlawfully searched nor seizure of his person or personal property made without a written court order obtained with what?
4. The warrant for a search requires what written in it?
5. In Amendment 26 (1971) the legal age to vote was lowered to how many years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are reasons that the Constitution of the U.S. is the oldest living written constitution in the world?
Essay Topic 2
What are the six reasons identified in the Preamble for writing the Constitution? What is meant by each of these?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Commercial Compromise? What did it result from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)