|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to ratification of Amendment 19 (1920), who was the matter it addressed left up to?
2. What is a written court order allowing the arrest, search, and seizure of certain persons or certain property?
3. Twelve to twenty-three persons selected to decide if evidence against an accused person is sufficient for holding a trial, best defines which term?
4. The government may pass laws regarding the ownership of certain weapons in the way in which they are used is addressed in which amendment?
5. What are the first ten amendments to the Constitution called?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the first plan of national government the U.S. operated under? What were the reasons it was unsuccessful?
Essay Topic 2
How did the delegates resolve the problem of having the states maintain specific important powers while simultaneously establishing a strong federal government?
Essay Topic 3
What rights does Article IV, Section 2 provide to citizens?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)