|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To supply room and board means to what?
2. Amendment 14, Section 4 (1868) stipulates the U.S. would pay all its lawful debts, but what could neither the U.S. nor any state pay for?
3. Amendment 25, Section 2 (1967) stipulates if there is a vacancy in the office of Vice President, who fills the vacancy?
4. Amendment 1 includes which freedom?
5. Amendment 13, Section 1 (1865) outlaws slavery and involuntary servitude with what exception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What powers is Congress denied?
Essay Topic 2
What are the "checks and balances" of the three branches of government? What is their purpose?
Essay Topic 3
What is the procedure for amending the Constitution?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)