|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Room and board" means what?
2. Which is among the rights of an individual accused of crime?
3. What does to speak or write in favor of mean?
4. Amendment 17 (1913) stipulates that to vote for the senators from his state, a person must meet what qualifications?
5. What does it stipulate in Amendment 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the first ten amendments of the Constitution called the Bill of Rights?
Essay Topic 2
Ensuring that the government operates in the best interest of its entire people is whose responsibility? What are the various means this is accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
What are the six reasons identified in the Preamble for writing the Constitution? What is meant by each of these?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)