|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amendment 13, Section 1 (1865) outlaws slavery and involuntary servitude with what exception?
(a) Punishment for criminal convictions.
(b) Service performed under military draft in time of war.
(c) Service performed under military draft.
(d) Service performed under draft for civil service in time of emergency.
2. Common law refers to which term?
(a) Military law.
(b) Religious affairs.
(c) Civil law.
(d) Criminal law.
3. Amendment 16 (1913) changes Article 1, Section 2, and declares that the government can collect taxes, regardless of a state's what?
(a) Territorial size.
(b) Durable goods produced.
4. According to Amendment 19 (1920), the right of citizens to the U.S. to vote cannot be taken away or restricted because of a person's what?
(b) Prior citizenship.
5. Amendment 25, Section 2 (1967) stipulates if there is a vacancy in the office of Vice President, who fills the vacancy?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) President nominates, Congress confirms.
(d) President designates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amendment 17 (1913) stipulates that to vote for the senators from his state, a person must meet what qualifications?
2. What does it stipulate in Amendment 9?
3. What is an assembly?
4. In Amendment 26 (1971) the legal age to vote was lowered to how many years?
5. Listing by number best defines which of the following terms?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)