|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress was given the power to do away with Section 3 of Amendment 14, concerning certain supporters of the Confederacy, by a 2/3 vote, and did so in what year?
2. Amendment 18, Section 3 (1919) provided the states a period of how long to ratify this amendment, after that time it could not have been adopted?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
3. What does Amendment 12 (1804) also address the importance of?
(a) Secret ballot.
(b) Congressional vote.
(c) Free vote.
(d) Electoral vote.
4. Listing by number best defines which of the following terms?
5. According to Amendment 19 (1920), the right of citizens to the U.S. to vote cannot be taken away or restricted because of a person's what?
(b) Prior citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is among the rights of an individual accused of crime?
2. What are the first ten amendments to the Constitution called?
3. Amendment 14, Section 1 (1868) stipulates no state may deny any person, under its government, what?
4. Amendment 1 includes which freedom?
5. Amendment 1 addresses which of the following five freedoms?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)