|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No citizen shall be forced to supply room and board to soldiers except in the time of war, and even then it is only acceptable when what?
(a) Supreme Court approves.
(b) Congress has declared war by majority rule.
(c) States pass a law to this effect.
(d) Congress passes a law to this effect.
2. Amendment 17 (1913) changes which original article?
(a) Article I.
(b) Article III.
(c) Article IV.
(d) Article II.
3. Amendment 18, Section 3 (1919) provided the states a period of how long to ratify this amendment, after that time it could not have been adopted?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. Amendment 16 (1913) changes Article 1, Section 2, and declares that the government can collect taxes, regardless of a state's what?
(c) Territorial size.
(d) Durable goods produced.
5. Amendment 14, Section 4 (1868) stipulates the U.S. would pay all its lawful debts, but what could neither the U.S. nor any state pay for?
(a) Emancipated slaves.
(b) .S. bounties earned in the Civil War.
(c) U.S. debts incurred in the Civil War.
(d) U.S. military pensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is involuntary servitude?
2. What does Amendment 15, Section 2 (1870) stipulate?
3. Listing by number best defines which of the following terms?
4. Inheritance, corporations, laws concerning education, marriage and divorce all are under the jurisdiction of what government?
5. The people may keep and bear arms for which two purposes?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)