|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many changes have there been since the Constitution was ratified?
2. What type of democracy is one in which the people elect officials in order to represent them in all aspects of government?
3. The President has the power to appoint ambassadors with the approval of what group?
(a) House of Representatives.
(c) Supreme Court.
4. Section 1 of Article I outlines that Congress is comprised of how many bodies of delegates from each state?
5. Today the Constitution is separated into how many parts?
Short Answer Questions
1. All revenue bills must originate where?
2. What type of government does the U.S. have?
3. What is one check on the Congress held by the President?
4. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the President?
5. Each house of Congress keeps a journal of what it does day to day, and each morning Congress is in session these are published where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the three main issues that had to be agreed upon at the Constitutional Convention?
2. What does Amendment 25 detail?
3. Amendment 6 grants what rights to a citizen accused of a crime?
4. What is the difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy?
5. What is meant by "checks and balances" in government?
6. What is addressed in the first five sections of the longest article of the Constitution, Article I?
7. What does Amendment 27 arrange for?
8. What does Article VII specify?
9. What does Amendment 4 protect against?
10. What is necessary to convict a person of treason?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)