|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The President is afforded the ability to set up a Cabinet of advisers including how many members?
2. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
3. Some say the government of the U.S. is one in which the people are responsible for self-governing, or what Cullop calls what?
4. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
(a) Unincorporated territory.
5. What is one check on the President held by the Congress?
(a) May refuse to give its consent to approve a Presidential election.
(b) May bring suits or issue orders against public officers.
(c) May override the President's veto by 51% vote in both houses.
(d) May propose Constitutional amendments affecting office of President.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the Constitution go into effect?
2. What is one check on the Congress held by the President?
3. Drafting the Constitution was a difficult task, and there had to be how many main compromises in order to arrive at a final decision?
4. The Articles of Confederation was not the best plan for a number of reasons and fell by the wayside when?
5. If force is necessary to see that a U.S. law is carried out, the Congress has the power to add what to the U.S. military forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rights does Amendment 8 specify?
2. Amendment 15 deals with what issue?
3. What does Amendment 23 lay out?
4. What are the four parts of the Constitution?
5. What is necessary to convict a person of treason?
6. What is the Preamble to the Constitution?
7. What right does Amendment 7 address?
8. What do Sections 6 and 7 of Article I cover?
9. Over what types of cases do federal courts have jurisdiction?
10. How is the U.S. government set up so the majority rules?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)