|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The President is charged with ensuring what?
(a) Seeing that laws are proposed to Congress, signed by Supreme Court.
(b) Seeing that laws are enforced.
(c) Seeing that Congress enforces the laws.
(d) Seeing that the Supreme Court enforces the laws.
2. The government under the Articles of Confederation would be supervised by an assembly of people called a Congress, restricted in what fashion?
(a) Could not raise an army, or introduce taxes.
(b) Could not impose laws, or raise an army.
(c) Could not impose laws, raise an army, or introduce taxes.
(d) Could not impose laws, or introduce taxes.
3. What length of term do members of the Senate serve?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was introduced in what year?
5. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
(a) The President.
(b) The people it represents.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The legislative branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. government is currently located where?
2. Cullop states the government in the U.S. is referred to by many different names, but by which two most frequently?
3. The Constitution stipulates senators must have been a U.S. citizen a minimum of 9 years, live in the state they represent, and what minimum age?
4. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
5. If a person's preferred candidate is not elected, there will be another election in which that candidate has what option?
Short Essay Questions
1. What right does Amendment 7 address?
2. How is it that the U.S. government is seen to operate in the best interests of its citizens?
3. What is meant by "checks and balances" in government?
4. Do Americans live in a democracy or a republic?
5. What does Amendment 4 protect against?
6. What freedoms are contained in Amendment 1?
7. What does Amendment 26 accomplish?
8. What does Amendment 18 provide for?
9. What is the branch of government that the authors of the Constitution detail in Article III?
10. What does Amendment 23 lay out?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)