|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To accuse and attempt to prove guilty means what?
2. Which amendment is often referred to as the right to have a fair and speedy trial?
3. Which freedom is addressed in Amendment 1?
(a) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in peacetime.
(b) Citizens must only provide room, military provides food.
(c) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in wartime.
(d) Congress is prohibited from restricting freedom of the press.
4. "Death, as a punishment for a crime, is not considered cruel or unusual as long as " what?
(a) "Death, rape, or serious bodily harm isinvolved in the crime".
(b) "There is no long physical suffering involved".
(c) "Treason, death, or serious bodily harm is involved in the crime".
(d) "Treason, death, rape, or serious bodily harm is involved in the crime".
5. Amendment 1 includes which freedom?
(a) Inability of Congress to pass a law prohibiting free exercise of religion.
(b) Freedom from unreasonable seizure.
(c) Citizens may seek redress via criminal lawsuits for damaging insults.
(d) Freedom from unreasonable search.
6. Amendment 17 (1913) specifies the Senate is composed of how many members?
(a) Based on population of respective state.
(b) 1 senator for every 5 representatives in House, minimum of 2.
(c) 2 senators from each sate.
(d) 1 senator from each state.
7. What is a written court order allowing the arrest, search, and seizure of certain persons or certain property?
8. Under Amendment 14, Section 5 (1868) Congress was given the power to enforce this amendment in what manner?
(a) Judicial decree.
(b) Executive order.
(c) Appropriate legislation.
(d) Congressional decree.
9. Amendment 18, Section 3 (1919) provided the states a period of how long to ratify this amendment, after that time it could not have been adopted?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
10. The government may pass laws regarding the ownership of certain weapons in the way in which they are used is addressed in which amendment?
11. Amendment 20, Section 1 (1933) stipulates the terms of the President and the Vice President end at noon on which dates of the year such terms end respectively?
(a) January 3 for both.
(b) January 3, January 20.
(c) January 20 for both.
(d) January 20, January 3.
12. What is a court order compelling a witness to appear in court the definition of?
13. The warrant for a search requires what written in it?
(a) Exact method and items to be seized.
(b) When search is to be conducted.
(c) Justification for expecting specific items to be found.
(d) Who will be conducting the search.
14. Amendment 18 (1919) states that the manufacture, sale and transportation of alcoholic beverages is illegal beginning when?
(a) 30 days after the ratification of this amendment.
(b) Immediately upon ratification of this amendment.
(c) 1 year after the ratification of this amendment.
(d) 90 days after the ratification of this amendment.
15. No citizen shall be forced to supply room and board to soldiers except in the time of war, and even then it is only acceptable when what?
(a) States pass a law to this effect.
(b) Congress passes a law to this effect.
(c) Supreme Court approves.
(d) Congress has declared war by majority rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amendment 24 (1964) prohibits denial of the right to vote because of what?
2. The arrest, confiscation, or taking one's belongings best describes what term?
3. The people may keep and bear arms for which two purposes?
4. Amendment 12 (1804) changes a part of Article 2, Section 1, and outlines the process by which individuals to which offices are elected?
5. What is involuntary servitude?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)