|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Room and board" means what?
(a) Lodging and food.
(b) Lodging and ale.
(c) Bed and bath.
(d) Bath and shelter.
2. Amendment 18 (1919) states that the manufacture, sale and transportation of alcoholic beverages is illegal beginning when?
(a) 30 days after the ratification of this amendment.
(b) 90 days after the ratification of this amendment.
(c) Immediately upon ratification of this amendment.
(d) 1 year after the ratification of this amendment.
3. Amendment 17 (1913) specifies the Senate is composed of how many members?
(a) 1 senator for every 5 representatives in House, minimum of 2.
(b) 1 senator from each state.
(c) 2 senators from each sate.
(d) Based on population of respective state.
4. The people may keep and bear arms for which two purposes?
(a) Having a well-trained militia, recreation.
(b) Their protection, hunting.
(c) Hunting, having a well-trained militia.
(d) Their protection, having a well-trained militia.
5. The government may pass laws regarding the ownership of certain weapons in the way in which they are used is addressed in which amendment?
6. According to Amendment 17 (1913), when a state has a Senate vacancy, who can make a temporary appointment?
(a) President, with permission of Senate.
(b) Governor of the state with permission of federal Congress.
(c) Governor of the state with permission of the state legislature.
(d) Governor of the state with permission of federal Senate.
7. Amendment 14, Section 1 (1868) stipulates no state may deny any person, under its government, what?
(a) Equal protection of the law.
(b) Equal right to free education through 12th grade.
(c) Equal right to vote.
(d) Equal right to practice their religion.
8. Amendment 21 does what?
(a) Changes Article 2, Section 1.
(b) Changes Article I.
(c) Changes Article 3, Section 2.
(d) Repeals Amendment 18.
9. Amendment 15, Section 1 (1870) stipulates the right of U.S. citizens to vote cannot be taken away for which of the following reasons?
(a) Color, creed, previous servitude.
(b) Race, color, or sex.
(c) Race, creed, previous servitude.
(d) Race, color, previous servitude.
10. Where, in accordance with Amendment 23 (1961) and as Congress directs, may electors be appointed for President and Vice President as if it were a state?
(a) Puerto Rico, Guam.
(b) Panama, Puerto Rico.
(c) District of Columbia.
(d) Panama, Guam.
11. Prior to ratification of Amendment 19 (1920), who was the matter it addressed left up to?
12. Inheritance, corporations, laws concerning education, marriage and divorce all are under the jurisdiction of what government?
13. Amendment 20, Section 1 (1933) stipulates the terms of the President and the Vice President end at noon on which dates of the year such terms end respectively?
(a) January 20 for both.
(b) January 3 for both.
(c) January 20, January 3.
(d) January 3, January 20.
14. Amendment 18 was repealed in what year, ending the period encompassing the 1920s known as Prohibition?
15. One of the amendments included in the Bill of Rights is the freedom from unusually high what?
(d) There is no such freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The warrant for a search requires what written in it?
2. Amendment 12 (1804) changes a part of Article 2, Section 1, and outlines the process by which individuals to which offices are elected?
3. Which amendment is often referred to as the right to have a fair and speedy trial?
4. What does Amendment 15, Section 2 (1870) stipulate?
5. Amendment 13, Section 1 (1865) outlaws slavery and involuntary servitude with what exception?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)