|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which freedom is addressed in Amendment 1?
(a) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in peacetime.
(b) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in wartime.
(c) Congress is prohibited from restricting freedom of the press.
(d) Citizens must only provide room, military provides food.
2. A citizen may not be unlawfully searched nor seizure of his person or personal property made without a written court order obtained with what?
(a) Notary stamp, signature.
(b) Notary stamp.
(c) Court clerk signature.
(d) Good cause.
3. What is the term for a sum of money put up by arrested individuals to ensure their return, so they may be released until the time of their trial?
4. What is a written court order allowing the arrest, search, and seizure of certain persons or certain property?
5. Inheritance, corporations, laws concerning education, marriage and divorce all are under the jurisdiction of what government?
6. Amendment 13, Section 1 (1865) outlaws slavery and involuntary servitude with what exception?
(a) Service performed under military draft in time of war.
(b) Service performed under military draft.
(c) Punishment for criminal convictions.
(d) Service performed under draft for civil service in time of emergency.
7. Amendment 13, Section 2 (1865) stipulates Congress has the power to enforce this article by what means?
(a) Congressional order.
(b) Executive order.
(c) Judicial decree.
(d) Appropriate legislation.
8. What does Amendment 15, Section 2 (1870) stipulate?
(a) Judicial oversight to ensure compliance.
(b) Who is accountable if those granted the right to vote are denied.
(c) Limits on electorate if those granted the right to vote are denied.
(d) How the Congress may enforce Amendment 15.
9. In Amendment 26 (1971) the legal age to vote was lowered to how many years?
10. What does Amendment 12 (1804) also address the importance of?
(a) Free vote.
(b) Congressional vote.
(c) Secret ballot.
(d) Electoral vote.
11. Amendment 17 (1913) stipulates that to vote for the senators from his state, a person must meet what qualifications?
(a) Same as to vote for President, Vice President.
(b) Same as to vote for largest house in state legislature of residence.
(c) Age 18, U.S. citizen, citizen of state senators will serve, not convicted.
(d) Age 21, U.S. citizen, citizen of state senators will serve, not convicted.
12. "Room and board" means what?
(a) Lodging and ale.
(b) Lodging and food.
(c) Bed and bath.
(d) Bath and shelter.
13. Amendment 17 (1913) specifies the Senate is composed of how many members?
(a) 2 senators from each sate.
(b) 1 senator for every 5 representatives in House, minimum of 2.
(c) 1 senator from each state.
(d) Based on population of respective state.
14. Amendment 14, Section 1 (1868) stipulates no state may deny any person, under its government, what?
(a) Equal right to free education through 12th grade.
(b) Equal right to practice their religion.
(c) Equal protection of the law.
(d) Equal right to vote.
15. Where, in accordance with Amendment 23 (1961) and as Congress directs, may electors be appointed for President and Vice President as if it were a state?
(a) Panama, Guam.
(b) Puerto Rico, Guam.
(c) District of Columbia.
(d) Panama, Puerto Rico.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Amendment 17 (1913), when a state has a Senate vacancy, who can make a temporary appointment?
2. No citizen shall be forced to supply room and board to soldiers except in the time of war, and even then it is only acceptable when what?
3. Congress was given the power to do away with Section 3 of Amendment 14, concerning certain supporters of the Confederacy, by a 2/3 vote, and did so in what year?
4. According to Amendment 19 (1920), the right of citizens to the U.S. to vote cannot be taken away or restricted because of a person's what?
5. The warrant for a search requires what written in it?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)