|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
(a) Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) Articles of Confederation.
2. Article II addresses the executive branch and includes how many sections?
3. The U.S. government is currently located where?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(d) Washington, the District of Columbia.
4. To be a member of the House of Representatives for any state having more than two representatives, the individual must live in the district within the state he or she represents, except for which two states?
(a) New Mexico, North Dakota.
(b) Arizona, Utah.
(c) North Dakota, Nevada.
(d) New Mexico, Nevada.
5. On what date did the Constitution go into effect?
(a) March 4, 1788.
(b) July 4, 1789.
(c) March 4, 1789.
(d) July 4, 1788.
6. The Articles of Confederation was not the best plan for a number of reasons and fell by the wayside when?
7. The President has the power to appoint ambassadors with the approval of what group?
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) House of Representatives.
8. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
9. Attending the convention in Philadelphia for revision of the Articles of Confederation were delegates from all but which state?
(a) Rhode Island.
(c) New Jersey.
10. If a person's preferred candidate is not elected, there will be another election in which that candidate has what option?
(a) Try again for election by a majority vote.
(b) Try again, but only for a different position.
(c) Try only once more for election by a majority vote.
(d) Request a vote ballot recount be taken.
11. What do the states that make up the U.S. constitute?
(a) A community.
(b) A confederation.
(c) A federation.
(d) A symposium.
12. The Constitution was ratified by what consent?
13. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
14. Some say the American government is one in which elected officials act on behalf of the people, or what Cullop says is the definition of what?
15. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
(a) Gouverneur Morris.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) John Jay.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cullop asserts which term for American government is correct?
2. Today the Constitution is separated into how many parts?
3. The Constitution was ratified by what date?
4. Powers denied the Congress are in which section of Act I?
5. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)