|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the U.S. Constitution in comparison with others?
(a) Oldest written constitution in use in the northern hemisphere.
(b) Oldest written constitution in use anywhere in the world.
(c) 3rd oldest written constitution in use anywhere in the world.
(d) Oldest written constitution in use in the western hemisphere.
2. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
(b) Pledge of Allegiance.
(c) Articles of Confederation.
3. If a person's preferred candidate is not elected, there will be another election in which that candidate has what option?
(a) Try only once more for election by a majority vote.
(b) Try again, but only for a different position.
(c) Request a vote ballot recount be taken.
(d) Try again for election by a majority vote.
4. What length of term do members of the Senate serve?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 8 years.
5. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the President?
(a) Appoints Supreme Court justices for 10-year terms.
(b) Appoints Supreme Court justices.
(c) May impeach Supreme Court justices.
(d) Appoints Supreme Court justices with approval of Congress.
6. Section 1 of Article I outlines that Congress is comprised of how many bodies of delegates from each state?
7. The Articles of Confederation was not the best plan for a number of reasons and fell by the wayside when?
8. The author stipulates that how many different kinds of democracy exist?
9. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
10. What form of government is defined as representative?
11. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Gouverneur Morris.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) John Jay.
12. What is the length of a term for a member of the House of Representatives?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
14. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
15. Article V addresses amending the Constitution in which two steps?
(a) Proposed, accepted.
(b) Ratified, signed.
(c) Offered, endorsed.
(d) Proposed, ratified.
Short Answer Questions
1. The return of a fugitive by one authority to another is the definition of what?
2. Powers denied the Congress are in which section of Act I?
3. The government under the Articles of Confederation would be supervised by an assembly of people called a Congress, restricted in what fashion?
4. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
5. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)