|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of government is defined as representative?
2. What type of democracy is that in which the people handle government matters on their own behalf?
3. What is one check on the Congress held by the President?
(a) May withhold information from Congress.
(b) May adjourn Congress at will.
(c) May appoint Supreme Court justices for 10-year terms.
(d) May veto bills of Congress with Supreme Court majority approval.
4. What does Part I: Introduction to the Constitution begin by defining?
(a) Oath of Office.
(b) Articles of Confederation.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) Constitutional government.
5. The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was introduced in what year?
6. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
7. How old is the U.S. Constitution in comparison with others?
(a) Oldest written constitution in use anywhere in the world.
(b) Oldest written constitution in use in the northern hemisphere.
(c) 3rd oldest written constitution in use anywhere in the world.
(d) Oldest written constitution in use in the western hemisphere.
8. The President has the power to appoint ambassadors with the approval of what group?
(c) House of Representatives.
(d) Supreme Court.
9. Cullop states the government in the U.S. is referred to by many different names, but by which two most frequently?
(a) Federal government, national government.
(b) American government, federal government.
(c) United States government, federal government.
(d) United States government, national government.
10. The President is afforded the ability to set up a Cabinet of advisers including how many members?
11. The Articles of Confederation was not the best plan for a number of reasons and fell by the wayside when?
12. How many changes have there been since the Constitution was ratified?
13. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
14. Each house of Congress keeps a journal of what it does day to day, and each morning Congress is in session these are published where?
(a) "Legislative Journal".
(b) "Congressional Journal".
(c) "Congressional Record".
(d) "Washington Post".
15. The Constitution stipulates senators must have been a U.S. citizen a minimum of 9 years, live in the state they represent, and what minimum age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Today the Constitution is separated into how many parts?
2. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
3. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
4. Articles within the Constitution are further divided into categories called Sections for what purpose?
5. What is one check on the Congress held by the Supreme Court?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)