|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Article V addresses amending the Constitution in which two steps?
(a) Proposed, ratified.
(b) Offered, endorsed.
(c) Ratified, signed.
(d) Proposed, accepted.
2. What type of democracy is one in which the people elect officials in order to represent them in all aspects of government?
3. What type of government does the U.S. have?
4. The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was introduced in what year?
5. What type of democracy is that in which the people handle government matters on their own behalf?
6. The Constitution stipulates senators must have been a U.S. citizen a minimum of 9 years, live in the state they represent, and what minimum age?
7. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
8. Which section of Article IV deals with admission of new states?
9. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
(b) Unincorporated territory.
10. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
11. Giving a limited amount of power to the central government and allowing each state to keep the majority of laws and powers was what?
(a) The basis for a centralized government.
(b) The basis of the initial document.
(c) The basis of the revised document.
(d) The basis of a socialist document.
12. Section 1 of Article I outlines that Congress is comprised of how many bodies of delegates from each state?
13. Attending the convention in Philadelphia for revision of the Articles of Confederation were delegates from all but which state?
(a) Rhode Island.
(d) New Jersey.
14. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
(a) No central power, executive, or judiciary.
(b) A central power and executive, but no judiciary.
(c) A central power, executive, and judiciary.
(d) A central power, but no executive or judiciary.
15. The Articles of Confederation was not the best plan for a number of reasons and fell by the wayside when?
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
2. Each house of Congress keeps a journal of what it does day to day, and each morning Congress is in session these are published where?
3. Cullop asserts which term for American government is correct?
4. If force is necessary to see that a U.S. law is carried out, the Congress has the power to add what to the U.S. military forces?
5. The Constitution could not be put into effect until it had been ratified by three fourths of the states, or how many of the original states?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)