|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What length of term do members of the Senate serve?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
(c) Unincorporated territory.
3. Some say the American government is one in which elected officials act on behalf of the people, or what Cullop says is the definition of what?
4. Section 1 of Article I outlines that Congress is comprised of how many bodies of delegates from each state?
5. The Constitution would also call for what to ensure the branches would have equal power?
(a) A system of weights and balances.
(b) A system of balanced measures.
(c) A system of equal balances.
(d) A system of checks and balances.
6. Some say the government of the U.S. is one in which the people are responsible for self-governing, or what Cullop calls what?
7. The Congress separated into the House of Representatives and the Senate is the result of a dispute termed what?
(a) "The Great Compromise".
(b) "The Great Conflict".
(c) "The Great Debate".
(d) "The Great Dispute".
8. Article II addresses the executive branch and includes how many sections?
9. What type of government does the U.S. have?
10. What form of government is defined as representative?
11. If a person's preferred candidate is not elected, there will be another election in which that candidate has what option?
(a) Try only once more for election by a majority vote.
(b) Request a vote ballot recount be taken.
(c) Try again for election by a majority vote.
(d) Try again, but only for a different position.
12. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
13. Which section of Article IV deals with admission of new states?
14. The President has the power to appoint ambassadors with the approval of what group?
(b) Supreme Court.
(d) House of Representatives.
15. The first major document of the U.S. government was the Declaration of Independence which was signed in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one check on the President held by the Supreme Court?
2. Elections give all citizens the opportunity to make their voices known, and to choose the official that would do what?
3. To be a member of the House of Representatives for any state having more than two representatives, the individual must live in the district within the state he or she represents, except for which two states?
4. The Constitution stipulates senators must have been a U.S. citizen a minimum of 9 years, live in the state they represent, and what minimum age?
5. Together the group in Philadelphia constructed the Constitution requiring a federal government comprised of which three branches?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)