|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which section of Article IV deals with admission of new states?
2. The author stipulates that how many different kinds of democracy exist?
3. The new Constitution required that which federal branch of government would be responsible for making laws?
(a) Attorney General.
4. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
(a) The President.
(b) The people it represents.
(c) The legislative branch.
(d) The Supreme Court.
5. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Gouverneur Morris.
6. What is one check on the President held by the Supreme Court?
(a) Controls all spending of money in U.S. government.
(b) May refuse to give its consent to approve a Presidential election.
(c) May override President's veto by 2/3 vote.
(d) May bring suits or issue court orders against public officers.
7. Attending the convention in Philadelphia for revision of the Articles of Confederation were delegates from all but which state?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Rhode Island.
8. What type of government does the U.S. have?
9. To be a member of the House of Representatives for any state having more than two representatives, the individual must live in the district within the state he or she represents, except for which two states?
(a) Arizona, Utah.
(b) New Mexico, Nevada.
(c) New Mexico, North Dakota.
(d) North Dakota, Nevada.
10. Article II addresses the executive branch and includes how many sections?
11. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
(d) Unincorporated territory.
12. What length of term do members of the Senate serve?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
13. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
14. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
15. Who was the 16th President of the United States?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
2. Article I addresses the legislative branch of government and includes how many sections?
3. Today the Constitution is separated into how many parts?
4. What type of democracy is one in which the people elect officials in order to represent them in all aspects of government?
5. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)