|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
(c) Unincorporated territory.
2. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the Congress?
(a) Senate may refuse to give consent to a Supreme Court appointment.
(b) May override Supreme Court decisions by 51% vote of both houses.
(c) Congress may refuse to give consent to a Supreme Court appointment.
(d) Congress may withhold consent to treaties approved by Supreme Court.
3. Together the group in Philadelphia constructed the Constitution requiring a federal government comprised of which three branches?
(a) Democratic, Republican, and Independent.
(b) Executive, legislative, and judicial.
(c) Democratic, Republican, and Whig.
(d) President, Senate, and House of Representatives.
4. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
5. The Constitution was ratified by what consent?
6. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
(b) Articles of Confederation.
(c) Pledge of Allegiance.
7. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
8. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
9. What form of government is defined as representative?
10. What length of term do members of the Senate serve?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 4 years.
11. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
(a) The President.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The people it represents.
(d) The legislative branch.
12. To be a member of the House of Representatives for any state having more than two representatives, the individual must live in the district within the state he or she represents, except for which two states?
(a) Arizona, Utah.
(b) New Mexico, North Dakota.
(c) North Dakota, Nevada.
(d) New Mexico, Nevada.
13. What is one check on the President held by the Supreme Court?
(a) May override President's veto by 2/3 vote.
(b) May bring suits or issue court orders against public officers.
(c) Controls all spending of money in U.S. government.
(d) May refuse to give its consent to approve a Presidential election.
14. What do the states that make up the U.S. constitute?
(a) A community.
(b) A confederation.
(c) A symposium.
(d) A federation.
15. The return of a fugitive by one authority to another is the definition of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. government is currently located where?
2. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
3. The author stipulates that how many different kinds of democracy exist?
4. Which section of Article IV deals with admission of new states?
5. The first major document of the U.S. government was the Declaration of Independence which was signed in what year?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)