|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: The Constitution of the United States, Part VI: Know Your Q's and A's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) John Jay.
(c) Gouverneur Morris.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
2. What is the length of a term for a member of the House of Representatives?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What qualifications must a person meet to be elected President?
(a) Minimum age 35, naturalized citizen, lived in U.S. at least 15 years.
(b) Minimum age 35, natural-born citizen, lived in U.S. at least 14 years.
(c) Minimum age 35, natural-born citizen, lived in U.S. at least 10 years.
(d) Minimum age 40, natural-born citizen, lived in U.S. at least 12 years.
4. How many electors are there beyond one for each senator and each representative from each state?
(a) 2 each in Panama, Guam, Washington, D.C.
(b) 3 each in Panama, Guam, and Washington, D.C.
(c) 3 in Washington, D.C., 2 each in Guam, Panama.
(d) 3 in Washington, D.C.
5. Which freedom is addressed in Amendment 1?
(a) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in wartime.
(b) Citizens must only provide room, military provides food.
(c) Congress is prohibited from restricting freedom of the press.
(d) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in peacetime.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Amendment 17 (1913), when a state has a Senate vacancy, who can make a temporary appointment?
2. Some say the government of the U.S. is one in which the people are responsible for self-governing, or what Cullop calls what?
3. What is a court-martial?
4. A citizen may not be unlawfully searched nor seizure of his person or personal property made without a written court order obtained with what?
5. If a person's preferred candidate is not elected, there will be another election in which that candidate has what option?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)