|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: The Constitution of the United States, Part VI: Know Your Q's and A's.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of democracy is that in which the people handle government matters on their own behalf?
2. Common law refers to which term?
(a) Civil law.
(b) Military law.
(c) Religious affairs.
(d) Criminal law.
3. Amendment 18 (1919) states that the manufacture, sale and transportation of alcoholic beverages is illegal beginning when?
(a) 30 days after the ratification of this amendment.
(b) 90 days after the ratification of this amendment.
(c) Immediately upon ratification of this amendment.
(d) 1 year after the ratification of this amendment.
4. To accuse and attempt to prove guilty means what?
5. Cullop states the government in the U.S. is referred to by many different names, but by which two most frequently?
(a) United States government, federal government.
(b) American government, federal government.
(c) United States government, national government.
(d) Federal government, national government.
Short Answer Questions
1. May a voting tax be collected to pay the cost of holding an election?
2. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
3. If force is necessary to see that a U.S. law is carried out, the Congress has the power to add what to the U.S. military forces?
4. The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was introduced in what year?
5. What is one check on the President held by the Congress?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)