|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Amendments Since the Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which freedom can be found in Amendment 1?
(a) Congress cannot pass a law establishing a national religion.
(b) Citizens are free to marry anyone of their choosing.
(c) Citizens are free from military service except during national invasion.
(d) Citizens are free to attend the educational institution of their choice.
2. The Articles of Confederation was not the best plan for a number of reasons and fell by the wayside when?
3. "Death, as a punishment for a crime, is not considered cruel or unusual as long as " what?
(a) "Death, rape, or serious bodily harm isinvolved in the crime".
(b) "Treason, death, rape, or serious bodily harm is involved in the crime".
(c) "Treason, death, or serious bodily harm is involved in the crime".
(d) "There is no long physical suffering involved".
4. Article V addresses amending the Constitution in which two steps?
(a) Proposed, ratified.
(b) Proposed, accepted.
(c) Ratified, signed.
(d) Offered, endorsed.
5. The President has the power to appoint ambassadors with the approval of what group?
(a) House of Representatives.
(d) Supreme Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which freedom is included in Amendment 1?
2. Amendment 18 was repealed in what year, ending the period encompassing the 1920s known as Prohibition?
3. Who was the 16th President of the United States?
4. Amendment 21 does what?
5. The people may keep and bear arms for which two purposes?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)