|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Amendments Since the Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many changes have there been since the Constitution was ratified?
2. When Cullop states the U.S. has a "government of the people, by the people, for the people," whom is he quoting?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. Amendment 15, Section 1 (1870) stipulates the right of U.S. citizens to vote cannot be taken away for which of the following reasons?
(a) Color, creed, previous servitude.
(b) Race, creed, previous servitude.
(c) Race, color, or sex.
(d) Race, color, previous servitude.
4. What is the term for a sum of money put up by arrested individuals to ensure their return, so they may be released until the time of their trial?
5. According to Amendment 19 (1920), the right of citizens to the U.S. to vote cannot be taken away or restricted because of a person's what?
(b) Prior citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cullop states the government in the U.S. is referred to by many different names, but by which two most frequently?
2. Which amendment addresses Congress's inability to prohibit citizens from worshiping how and when they please?
3. Amendment 14, Section 2 (1868) states that if any state takes away the right to vote from individuals meeting which of the following requirements, the number of representatives for that state may be reduced in proportion to those persons not allowed to vote?
4. Amendment 18, Section 3 (1919) provided the states a period of how long to ratify this amendment, after that time it could not have been adopted?
5. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)