|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Amendments Since the Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is among the rights of an individual accused of crime?
(a) Any counsel of their choosing will be provided free of charge.
(b) A judge of their choosing to ensure impartiality.
(c) To hear the testimony of witnesses.
(d) A jury of their choosing to ensure impartiality.
2. Amendment 18 was repealed in what year, ending the period encompassing the 1920s known as Prohibition?
3. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
(a) A central power, but no executive or judiciary.
(b) A central power, executive, and judiciary.
(c) No central power, executive, or judiciary.
(d) A central power and executive, but no judiciary.
4. The first major document of the U.S. government was the Declaration of Independence which was signed in what year?
5. Articles within the Constitution are further divided into categories called Sections for what purpose?
(a) Separate various ideas within the article.
(b) Separate various states the article concerns.
(c) Separate various laws within the article.
(d) Separate various citizens within the article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What length of term do members of the Senate serve?
2. Amendment 12 (1804) changes a part of Article 2, Section 1, and outlines the process by which individuals to which offices are elected?
3. The Constitution would also call for what to ensure the branches would have equal power?
4. What type of democracy is that in which the people handle government matters on their own behalf?
5. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the Congress?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)