|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Amendments Since the Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twelve to twenty-three persons selected to decide if evidence against an accused person is sufficient for holding a trial, best defines which term?
(a) Evidence jury.
(b) Grand jury.
(c) Federal jury.
(d) Jury of prudence.
2. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the President?
(a) Appoints Supreme Court justices.
(b) May impeach Supreme Court justices.
(c) Appoints Supreme Court justices with approval of Congress.
(d) Appoints Supreme Court justices for 10-year terms.
3. Amendment 1 includes which freedom?
(a) Freedom from unreasonable search.
(b) Citizens may seek redress via criminal lawsuits for damaging insults.
(c) Inability of Congress to pass a law prohibiting free exercise of religion.
(d) Freedom from unreasonable seizure.
4. The U.S. government is currently located where?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Washington, the District of Columbia.
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(d) New York, New York.
5. The author stipulates that how many different kinds of democracy exist?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union was introduced in what year?
2. Amendment 16 (1913) changes Article 1, Section 2, and declares that the government can collect taxes, regardless of a state's what?
3. To supply room and board means to what?
4. Amendment 14, Section 1 (1868) stipulates no state may deny any person, under its government, what?
5. Articles within the Constitution are further divided into categories called Sections for what purpose?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)