|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
2. Drafting the Constitution was a difficult task, and there had to be how many main compromises in order to arrive at a final decision?
3. Articles within the Constitution are further divided into categories called Sections for what purpose?
(a) Separate various laws within the article.
(b) Separate various ideas within the article.
(c) Separate various states the article concerns.
(d) Separate various citizens within the article.
4. To be a member of the House of Representatives for any state having more than two representatives, the individual must live in the district within the state he or she represents, except for which two states?
(a) Arizona, Utah.
(b) New Mexico, North Dakota.
(c) North Dakota, Nevada.
(d) New Mexico, Nevada.
5. What is one check on the Congress held by the President?
(a) May withhold information from Congress.
(b) May adjourn Congress at will.
(c) May veto bills of Congress with Supreme Court majority approval.
(d) May appoint Supreme Court justices for 10-year terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
2. On what date did the Constitution go into effect?
3. The President is charged with ensuring what?
4. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the Congress?
5. The Constitution was ratified by what consent?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)