|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Articles within the Constitution are further divided into categories called Sections for what purpose?
(a) Separate various ideas within the article.
(b) Separate various citizens within the article.
(c) Separate various states the article concerns.
(d) Separate various laws within the article.
2. The federal government is based on the concept that it should benefit the majority, which means what?
(a) There invariably will be people in the minority who are happy.
(b) There invariably will be people in the minority who are indifferent.
(c) There invariably will be people in the minority who are unhappy.
(d) There invariably will be people in the majority who are unhappy.
3. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the President?
(a) Appoints Supreme Court justices.
(b) Appoints Supreme Court justices for 10-year terms.
(c) May impeach Supreme Court justices.
(d) Appoints Supreme Court justices with approval of Congress.
4. What is the Constitution a contract between?
(a) Federal government, local governments.
(b) Federal government, state governments.
(c) United States government, England.
(d) American people, federal government.
5. What type of government does the U.S. have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one check on the Congress held by the Supreme Court?
2. The main body of the Constitution is separated into how many blocks, known as Articles?
3. The Constitution was ratified by what date?
4. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
5. The Constitution could not be put into effect until it had been ratified by three fourths of the states, or how many of the original states?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)