|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government does the U.S. have?
2. The Constitution was ratified by what date?
(a) July 4, 1788.
(b) March 2, 1789.
(c) July 2, 1788.
(d) July 4, 1789.
3. The President is charged with ensuring what?
(a) Seeing that laws are enforced.
(b) Seeing that Congress enforces the laws.
(c) Seeing that the Supreme Court enforces the laws.
(d) Seeing that laws are proposed to Congress, signed by Supreme Court.
4. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
(a) The legislative branch.
(b) The people it represents.
(c) The President.
(d) The Supreme Court.
5. In what year were the Articles of Confederation finally ratified?
Short Answer Questions
1. Article V addresses amending the Constitution in which two steps?
2. Powers denied the Congress are in which section of Act I?
3. The government under the Articles of Confederation would be supervised by an assembly of people called a Congress, restricted in what fashion?
4. The Constitution would also call for what to ensure the branches would have equal power?
5. Some say the American government is one in which elected officials act on behalf of the people, or what Cullop says is the definition of what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)