|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If force is necessary to see that a U.S. law is carried out, the Congress has the power to add what to the U.S. military forces?
(a) National Guard.
(b) Any police, firefighters.
(c) State police.
(d) Any police.
2. The President has the power to appoint ambassadors with the approval of what group?
(a) Supreme Court.
(b) House of Representatives.
3. How many changes have there been since the Constitution was ratified?
4. Each house of Congress keeps a journal of what it does day to day, and each morning Congress is in session these are published where?
(a) "Legislative Journal".
(b) "Congressional Journal".
(c) "Congressional Record".
(d) "Washington Post".
5. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
(a) No central power, executive, or judiciary.
(b) A central power and executive, but no judiciary.
(c) A central power, executive, and judiciary.
(d) A central power, but no executive or judiciary.
Short Answer Questions
1. The President is charged with ensuring what?
2. What type of democracy is one in which the people elect officials in order to represent them in all aspects of government?
3. What is one check on the Congress held by the Supreme Court?
4. Drafting the Constitution was a difficult task, and there had to be how many main compromises in order to arrive at a final decision?
5. The President is afforded the ability to set up a Cabinet of advisers including how many members?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)