|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The federal government is based on the concept that it should benefit the majority, which means what?
(a) There invariably will be people in the minority who are indifferent.
(b) There invariably will be people in the minority who are happy.
(c) There invariably will be people in the minority who are unhappy.
(d) There invariably will be people in the majority who are unhappy.
2. What is the length of a term for a member of the House of Representatives?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
3. Today the Constitution is separated into how many parts?
4. Together the group in Philadelphia constructed the Constitution requiring a federal government comprised of which three branches?
(a) Democratic, Republican, and Independent.
(b) Democratic, Republican, and Whig.
(c) Executive, legislative, and judicial.
(d) President, Senate, and House of Representatives.
5. Giving a limited amount of power to the central government and allowing each state to keep the majority of laws and powers was what?
(a) The basis of the initial document.
(b) The basis of a socialist document.
(c) The basis for a centralized government.
(d) The basis of the revised document.
Short Answer Questions
1. Article V addresses amending the Constitution in which two steps?
2. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
3. The Constitution would also call for what to ensure the branches would have equal power?
4. The Constitution stipulates senators must have been a U.S. citizen a minimum of 9 years, live in the state they represent, and what minimum age?
5. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the President?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)