|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government does the U.S. have?
2. What is a court-martial?
(a) Trial of elected federal officials held in the Supreme Court.
(b) Trial of civilian federal officials held under federal law.
(c) Military trial held under military law.
(d) Trial of elected federal officials held under federal law.
3. Powers denied the Congress are in which section of Act I?
4. Cullop asserts which term for American government is correct?
(a) Independent republic.
(b) Republican democracy.
(c) Democratic republic.
(d) Democratic confederation.
5. The Constitution was ratified by what date?
(a) July 2, 1788.
(b) July 4, 1789.
(c) July 4, 1788.
(d) March 2, 1789.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drafting the Constitution was a difficult task, and there had to be how many main compromises in order to arrive at a final decision?
2. The first major document of the U.S. government was the Declaration of Independence which was signed in what year?
3. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
4. The return of a fugitive by one authority to another is the definition of what?
5. What is one check on the President held by the Congress?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)