|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Constitution Explained.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cullop states the U.S. has a "government of the people, by the people, for the people," whom is he quoting?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) George Washington.
2. Each house of Congress keeps a journal of what it does day to day, and each morning Congress is in session these are published where?
(a) "Congressional Record".
(b) "Congressional Journal".
(c) "Washington Post".
(d) "Legislative Journal".
3. Article I addresses the legislative branch of government and includes how many sections?
4. What is one check on the President held by the Congress?
(a) May bring suits or issue orders against public officers.
(b) May override the President's veto by 51% vote in both houses.
(c) May propose Constitutional amendments affecting office of President.
(d) May refuse to give its consent to approve a Presidential election.
5. Cullop asserts which term for American government is correct?
(a) Democratic republic.
(b) Republican democracy.
(c) Independent republic.
(d) Democratic confederation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Article III covers the judicial branch and includes how many sections?
2. Giving a limited amount of power to the central government and allowing each state to keep the majority of laws and powers was what?
3. The main body of the Constitution is separated into how many blocks, known as Articles?
4. The first major document of the U.S. government was the Declaration of Independence which was signed in what year?
5. What is the Constitution a contract between?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)