|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: The Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author stipulates that how many different kinds of democracy exist?
2. Twelve to twenty-three persons selected to decide if evidence against an accused person is sufficient for holding a trial, best defines which term?
(a) Jury of prudence.
(b) Federal jury.
(c) Grand jury.
(d) Evidence jury.
3. Cullop states that the Constitution is meaningless unless who enforces it?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) The President.
(c) The people it represents.
(d) The legislative branch.
4. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
(c) Articles of Confederation.
(d) Pledge of Allegiance.
5. What form of government is defined as representative?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first major document of the U.S. government was the Declaration of Independence which was signed in what year?
2. The federal government is based on the concept that it should benefit the majority, which means what?
3. On what date did the Constitution go into effect?
4. What is a court order compelling a witness to appear in court the definition of?
5. Common law refers to which term?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)