|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: The Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one check on the President held by the Supreme Court?
(a) Controls all spending of money in U.S. government.
(b) May refuse to give its consent to approve a Presidential election.
(c) May bring suits or issue court orders against public officers.
(d) May override President's veto by 2/3 vote.
2. What type of democracy is that in which the people handle government matters on their own behalf?
3. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
(a) A central power, executive, and judiciary.
(b) No central power, executive, or judiciary.
(c) A central power, but no executive or judiciary.
(d) A central power and executive, but no judiciary.
4. The Constitution stipulates senators must have been a U.S. citizen a minimum of 9 years, live in the state they represent, and what minimum age?
5. The amount of money put up by arrested individuals to ensure their return at the time of their trial is generally set how?
(a) According to the ability of the accused to pay.
(b) The state in which the crime occurs.
(c) According to the seriousness of the crime.
(d) Mood of the judge at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Powers denied the Congress are in which section of Act I?
2. What is a written court order allowing the arrest, search, and seizure of certain persons or certain property?
3. Which section of Article IV deals with admission of new states?
4. What is known as congressional immunity protects all members from being arrested while attending a session of their house, or while going to or from it, except for what?
5. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)