|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the images the author creates.
2. Why is the answer to Number 95 happening?
3. This often includes a greater discussion of what?
4. There are numerous poems in this group that consist of what?
5. The poems include one titled ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What other kind of painting did Blake create?
2. What is one kind of painting Blake created?
3. What does the author plant in the verses of the second page?
4. How is this amended, thematically?
5. Where is this theme handled? Give an example to support your response.
6. What does the author say about his own reputation and wealth?
7. How have Blake's works been preserved?
8. Describe this section.
9. How does this section open?
10. How is this section miraculous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blake refers to Void.
Part 1) What is Void? Describe when he refers to this.
Part 2) How does Blake attempt to explain Void in relation to female and male space? Is this effective? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this related to the need to give and receive forgiveness?
Essay Topic 2
The Book of Thel is an example of metered short fiction.
Part 1) Describe the Book of Thel. How is it an example of metered short fiction?
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for writing this story? By whom might he be inspired? How do you know this?
Part 3) How does his work throughout this book reveal his influences?
Essay Topic 3
Blake has hope for peace and friendship between the sexes.
Part 1) How does he show he has hope for the sexes? Why is he hopeful?
Part 2) Why does this author create this work, regarding the sexes? What is its purpose?
Part 3) How does this work reflect his philosophies and personal beliefs?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)