|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fundamental division does Blake believe exists?
(a) There will be those who go to heaven and those to purgatory.
(b) There will be those who become saints and those who do not.
(c) There will be those who physically die and those who spiritually die.
(d) There will be those resurrected into their incorruptible forms, and those who die to eternity.
2. Regarding what Blake states, how is it different from the first illuminated print?
(a) It is a single statement.
(b) It is an epic.
(c) It is a long essay.
(d) It is an entire short poem.
3. Here we have what chapters of Blake's Jerusalem?
(a) 3 and 4.
(b) 4 and 5.
(c) 5 and 6.
(d) 2 and 3.
4. Blake clearly has hope for what between the sexes?
(a) Jealousy and hate.
(c) Peace and friendship.
(d) Equality and fairness.
5. What is meant by faculties?
(a) The abilities of a group of people.
(b) Those who work in a facility.
(c) Those who teach in an educational system.
(d) The operations of the mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have Blake's works been arranged?
2. There is a small amount of commentary accompanying these. The first is about whose poetry?
3. How will one know when a work has unity?
4. About what spiritual transformation does Blake discuss here?
5. The label for this section of work is _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of these two "books"?
2. How does the story end?
3. How does the England of Blake's time influence his work?
4. How does the author share his worldliness?
5. What has been done to create this book?
6. About what transformation does Blake discuss?
7. What goes along with each illustration?
8. What is said about truth in this section?
9. How are Blake's repetitions of certain thematic elements important?
10. Describe the illustrations in this section.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)