|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does there seem to be the depth of rhyme or reason for the specific sequence of pictures or phrases that turn out to be lines to a coherent poem?
(b) No, not at first glance.
(c) Yes, at first.
(d) No, not at all.
2. Do these inscriptions fall into the same pattern wherein a group of them adds up to make a poem?
(c) Not at first.
3. How will those intently interested in the details of this part of his work feel about having been included?
4. The poem dedicated to Autumn has how many line stanzas?
5. What does Blake say about the Eternal and the realms of the Imagination?
(a) They are fantasy.
(b) They are a mix of reality and fantasy.
(c) They are true reality.
(d) They are found only in dreams.
6. This begins as a ____________ the preceding summary chapter.
(a) A contrast to.
(b) Continuation of.
(c) A diversion from.
(d) Change from.
7. Here is yet another portion of the book where there is what?
(a) A unique writing structure.
(b) An expression of Blake's beliefs.
(c) A change in the writings.
(d) A lull in the plot line.
8. Some of them do add up to make poems, such as those under what?
9. There is more than one subgroup of the author's writings being brought together into this summary chapter, including a set of how many poems?
10. This set of writings is listed in the Complete Poetry & Prose of William Blake under Roman numeral ____.
11. With respect to William Blake's ____________, there were at least two kinds.
12. After those are a string of further poems that seem designed how?
(a) To support one another.
(b) To support the previous poems.
(c) To be taken on their own.
(d) To explain the previous poems.
13. There are individual stanzas that are how many lines long or longer?
14. What is considered significant during these parts of Blake's writing?
(b) The sell of products.
(c) The social milieu.
15. Of what would Blake like more?
(c) Intelligence and education.
(d) Money and fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author plants _____________ truths into the verses of the second page.
2. Blake earned a good portion of his living by what?
3. What constitutes a major change in the writings of William Blake?
4. "She drave the Females away from Los / and ____________________________." (p. 305).
5. Here the verses continue with their what?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)