|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Here the author begins by providing a description to a client of what?
(a) Blake's music.
(b) Blake's stories.
(c) Blake's poetry.
(d) Blake's visual art.
2. After this, there is the area under Numeral VII entitled The Everlasting Gospel which contains what?
(a) Four poems.
(b) Three poems.
(c) One poem.
(d) Two poems.
3. Unlike the others, ___________________ exhibits entire poetic stanzas designed to accompany visual art.
(a) "Chaining of Orc."
(b) "Freeing of Orc."
(c) "Birth of Orc."
(d) "Killing of Orc."
4. They are _________________ related to the copious writings involving God, Satan, Urizen, Beulah, the Furnaces and the clouds.
(a) Not directly.
(b) Barely directly.
(c) Somewhat directly.
5. "...any loving woman is sure to be loved [regardless of her physical form]...so beneficial and highly valued" is what?
(a) The need for woman.
(b) The desire for woman.
(c) The power of woman.
(d) The love of woman.
6. "She drave the Females away from Los / and ____________________________." (p. 305).
(a) She drave all the Females away from herself.
(b) She drave all the Males away from Los.
(c) Los drave all the Males from her away.
(d) Los drave all the Females from her away.
7. Much of the rest of this chapter is dedicated to what?
(a) Blake's poetry.
(b) Blake's epics.
(c) Blake's visual arts.
(d) Blake's short stories.
8. What does Blake say about the Eternal and the realms of the Imagination?
(a) They are fantasy.
(b) They are found only in dreams.
(c) They are true reality.
(d) They are a mix of reality and fantasy.
9. Of what would Blake like more?
(a) Intelligence and education.
(b) Money and fame.
10. The poem Fair Elenor functions as a segue into the ones entitled ___________.
11. Blake also made what that he hoped to sell as art?
12. After the Mad Song, there are two simply called what?
13. Those poems dedicated to the same star, in evening and then in morning, are only how many stanzas long?
14. What does this statement in number 151 do?
(a) It scares us.
(b) It takes us back to the very beginning of the entire compilation.
(c) It surprises us.
(d) It worries us.
15. There are how many poems under this category?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what are these made?
2. This theme is handled during what?
3. Here the verses continue with their what?
4. The author then moves on to extol the virtues of what kind of love?
5. These writings start as what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)