|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this work begin?
(a) With a discussion of Blake's artwork.
(b) With a preamble by various scholars.
(c) With a poem by Blake.
(d) With a preamble by Blake.
2. The label for this section of work is _________.
3. The increasing power of England in the modern world readily overshadows what earthly city's might?
4. Of what are the etchings?
(b) People from various cultures.
(d) People in various stages of life.
5. How might one describe the language at this point?
(a) Very unusual.
(b) Very typical.
(c) Very colorful.
(d) Very interesting.
6. The artist has combined a strong technical accuracy with what?
(a) A sense of style.
(b) An artistic quality.
(c) A sense of drama.
(d) An ability to entice readers.
7. What two characters figure largely in these books?
(a) God and Satan.
(b) Urizen and Los.
(c) Uri and Losita.
(d) Angels and demons.
8. What does this set of verses describe?
(a) Blake's life.
(b) A sequence of events.
(c) A sequence of emotions.
(d) A list of random thoughts.
9. What do these books perpetuate?
(a) Blake's new and radical ideas.
(b) The ideas of many at this time in history.
(c) The ideas and theme that have been introduced in the preceding sections.
(d) The beliefs of most Englishmen.
10. Blake clearly has hope for what between the sexes?
(a) Jealousy and hate.
(c) Peace and friendship.
(d) Equality and fairness.
11. Blake attempts to explain what's connection to feminine and female "space" is in contrast to male or masculine "space"?
(a) The Earth's.
(b) The Spectre's.
(d) The Void's.
12. How does the story open?
(a) When the King is mourning his wife who is dying.
(b) When the King is mourning the dispicable behavior of his wife.
(c) When the King is mourning the disappearance of his wife.
(d) When the King is mourning the death of his wife.
13. Blake is one of the most famous artists in recent history to have done what during much of his adult life?
(a) Worked as a poet.
(b) Held a day job.
(c) Lost most of his income.
(d) Worked hard.
14. The author uses numerous references to what at this time?
15. What fundamental division does Blake believe exists?
(a) There will be those who become saints and those who do not.
(b) There will be those who go to heaven and those to purgatory.
(c) There will be those who physically die and those who spiritually die.
(d) There will be those resurrected into their incorruptible forms, and those who die to eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what classic Renaissance poet are two of Blake's book related?
2. Are these repetitions good?
3. How does this section of Blake's work affect readers?
4. What concludes the first section of this poem?
5. What is epistemology?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)