|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author share his worldliness?
(a) Through his plays.
(b) Through his pamphlets.
(c) Through his art.
(d) Through his speeches.
2. Who is Mnetha?
(a) The King's wife.
(b) The woman who takes the King back home.
(c) The King's servant.
(d) The woman who is with Heva and Har.
3. What is epistemology?
(a) An inflammation of the epidermis.
(b) The study of words.
(c) Knowledge, what it is and how we know what we know.
(d) A study of the surface of something.
4. Blake attempts to explain what's connection to feminine and female "space" is in contrast to male or masculine "space"?
(a) The Earth's.
(c) The Void's.
(d) The Spectre's.
5. Prior to the entire group there is a short poem that does what?
(a) Extols the virtues of mutual love.
(b) Extols the virtues of mutual compassion.
(c) Extols the virtues of mutual forgiveness.
(d) Extols the virtues of mutual interests.
6. It becomes clear Blake has set forth how many different arguments?
7. The artist has combined a strong technical accuracy with what?
(a) An ability to entice readers.
(b) A sense of style.
(c) A sense of drama.
(d) An artistic quality.
8. How does this section of Blake's work affect readers?
(a) It strikes fear into their hearts.
(b) It is boring and uninteresting.
(c) It is interesting and informative.
(d) It is exciting.
9. The author uses numerous references to what at this time?
10. Los is here the Master of the furnaces, the tortures caused by wrath and rage. This Los is described as being a living man even though he is an immortal. Los also has or functions as what?
(a) A Spectre.
(d) A Demon.
11. To what classic Renaissance poet are two of Blake's book related?
12. How does this work begin?
(a) With a preamble by various scholars.
(b) With a poem by Blake.
(c) With a discussion of Blake's artwork.
(d) With a preamble by Blake.
13. Blake is one of the most famous artists in recent history to have done what during much of his adult life?
(a) Worked as a poet.
(b) Worked hard.
(c) Lost most of his income.
(d) Held a day job.
14. Shortly, the sad and perhaps frightened, paranoid or suspicious old man is speaking of what?
(a) Serpents and curses.
(b) God and heaven.
(c) Angels and saints.
(d) Satan and demons.
15. In Blake's mentions of other lands, what land does that include?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is meant by faculties?
2. How might one describe Blake's set of verses?
3. Blake asserts that the sign of great poetry is what?
4. How can readers uninterested in Blake's spiritual vision enjoy it as pure literature?
5. Blake asserts here, as he did earlier, that the Divine Body is what?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)