|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Book 5 : Chapter 1, Poetical Sketches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mnetha?
(a) The woman who is with Heva and Har.
(b) The King's wife.
(c) The woman who takes the King back home.
(d) The King's servant.
2. How does this section of Blake's work affect readers?
(a) It is boring and uninteresting.
(b) It is exciting.
(c) It is interesting and informative.
(d) It strikes fear into their hearts.
3. Here the author has created another work designed to be what?
(a) Complete in itself.
(b) A piece of Blake's work.
(c) A guide to the previous sections.
(d) A single thought.
4. To whom does Blake often cry?
(d) His mother.
5. Blake, while not mimicking the classical poet _________________, is certainly carrying on the tradition of excellence in poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of these poems taken on their own or in the small groups are sufficient to constitute an entire epic?
2. Urizen is where?
3. It is followed by another story--- this one is about a man called _____________, King of Norway.
4. Here we have what chapters of Blake's Jerusalem?
5. There is a small amount of commentary accompanying these. The first is about whose poetry?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)